Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Site Info»Bugs»Seamless Studio Importing/Uploading

Seamless Studio Importing/Uploading

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 20 of 50 Comments
I have a couple of issues with SS. I purchased it about 3 weeks ago. I'm running on OS X 10.6.10 (could that be the reason why I'm having these problems?) I'm also using the most updated version of Chrome as my browser.

The issues:

1. The templates that I made in SS look perfectly fine, but when I try to upload to CL, they end up looking splotchy and certain vectors that I'd used completely disappeared in the preview image. For example, I had a .svg of a silhouetted palm tree that I had imported into SS to use in a template. It looked fine when I was creating the template but when I uploaded it to CL, the black palm tree completely disappeared and the only thing remaining was its outline I created with the straight lines.

Am I doing something wrong for this to happen?

2. Also, when I try to open/import the shapes I've made on Seamless Lite (both .svg OR the .ssf formats) in Seamless Studio, it either shows up as a jumbled mess or the program completely freezes. I could see how this would happen if they're really complex shapes, but they aren't.

Does anyone else have these issues?

I'm sticking to Seamless Lite...
*chirping crickets*
I have noticed that they are not responding to members with seamless studio issues. Mine stopped working all together. The only that shows up is the icon in the task bar.
Cool, I'm glad it's not just me that hasn't received any sort of response whatsoever. Seamless Studio just freezes up every time I open it now. It was working when I first purchased it. I don't get it...

duchess1853 wrote:
I have noticed that they are not responding to members with seamless studio issues. Mine stopped working all together. The only that shows up is the icon in the task bar.
still waiting on a response.. I have sent several e-mails. I am starting to think I want a refund
Have you guys contacted Darius (the founder of CL) directly? You can send him a love note from his profile: COLOURlover.

The rest of the staff seems to be on a permanent lunch break.
No, I have not...but I will try that. I love the program and colour lovers in general. I just wish there was better communication. I will try Darius and see if he will give a response.

P.S. What do you think going on with the staff?
They were attentive and responsive until a few months ago, then all communication seemed to stop. It almost seems like they've instructed to no longer respond.
Either they were all in a car crash that has left them in a coma or something is happening that they don't want to share with us. Whatever the case may be, the situation is becoming more irritating by the day.

duchess1853 wrote:
No, I have not...but I will try that. I love the program and colour lovers in general. I just wish there was better communication. I will try Darius and see if he will give a response.

P.S. What do you think going on with the staff?
Yeah, I wrote this almost two months ago. It's definitely irritating that I haven't received a response after all this time.

I just wish I knew why Seamless Studio doesn't work properly on my computer. The funny thing is, the trial version worked just fine. I'm 99.9999% positive that I have the system requirements to run SS and/or Adobe AIR 3...

(: /)
They said the issue was with the AIR update not on their end, and its nothing they can do about it at this time. I gave up on the seamless studio, learning to use illustrator...the silver-lining I guess...

may I have a refund please?
Oh dear, wish i had read this before buying Seamless Studio. i wonder if u guys could help me with simple basics.
any tutorials out there for svg shapes to put into seamless studio. size needed?, i got photoshop which does not do svg. and inkscape which i do not understand. would like to put hand drawn stuff into seamless. and how do i get my shapes in seamless lite into seamless studio. if it all goes pear shaped afterwards i will know why..just wanna try.
thank you for your time..as the car crash victims have not lol
poppy it is a great program in itself, its the bugs that are the problem. I installed the trial on an older computer and so far it works perfect with windows xp.

Do you have adobe illustrator or just photoshop only? I think there is a free program called inkscape and you might can save your photopshop files as eps and upload it to inkscape then convert to svg. I haven't tried it, but its worth a shot.

If I ever get the "time" I would be glad to do SS tuts I love it love it love it........... when. it. works.
*BUMP* My pattern templates are not uploading to CL correctly. This just started, as far as I know. (It's been a bit since I went to upload anything I made.) My OS is WinXP, and I am current on the updates. =(
I have purchased the full version of SS and been able to upload SOME files, and not others. They are in SVG format and when I click on import file or open all I get is the file name in the gray strip at the top. No shape added to My Shapes. I have tried everything I can think of to do this, including with the svg file open, clicking on "open with" and SS.
I am extremely frustrated and unhappy. any help CL?
Seamless has a limit on how big a file it can open, but I cannot remember what it is. Try here and see if it says?

http://www.colourlovers.com/group/Patterns_By_Type/conversations/12104/Seamless_2
moldypetunia wrote:
I have a couple of issues with SS. I purchased it about 3 weeks ago. I'm running on OS X 10.6.10 (could that be the reason why I'm having these problems?) I'm also using the most updated version of Chrome as my browser.

The issues:

1. The templates that I made in SS look perfectly fine, but when I try to upload to CL, they end up looking splotchy and certain vectors that I'd used completely disappeared in the preview image. For example, I had a .svg of a silhouetted palm tree that I had imported into SS to use in a template. It looked fine when I was creating the template but when I uploaded it to CL, the black palm tree completely disappeared and the only thing remaining was its outline I created with the straight lines.

2. Also, when I try to open/import the shapes I've made on Seamless Lite (both .svg OR the .ssf formats) in Seamless Studio, it either shows up as a jumbled mess or the program completely freezes. I could see how this would happen if they're really complex shapes, but they aren't.

garlin75 wrote: I can't use it either. Same thing happens esp. when uploading which is the only difference I can see between the two versions. It is also not user friendly.

moldypetunia wrote:

The issues:

When I have problems like this in SS it's generally items that have gotten into other groups by accident. Each time you add a group of things, make certain you close the group folder immediately afterwards, after coloring it and moving it where you like, so that it doesn't get contaminated with things in other layers. I hope that's your problem. When I have stuff that doesn't show up, I can generally select those things and drag them out of the group, and then the pattern uploads correctly. Sometimes it takes a whole lot of hunting and dragging. That's why I've gotten so paranoid about the group folders.
Thanks for the tip, but unfortunately that doesn't seem to be what's going on. I tried to do what you suggested, to no avail. Still blotchy and missing parts. Everything is grouped together correctly. I've had this problem for nearly 4 months. I hate to be all whiney about it, as I love CL, but this is so irritating and I'm over it.
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

ShiversTheNinja
ShiversTheNinja
From what I can gather the Sphinx server has been down for over a month and the forums are inundated with spam. I want all my old patterns back but I can't even view my profile. What is going on? Was the site abandoned?
paulsky555
paulsky555
Hot Service – Today New Update

Fullz SSN DOB DL USA
Fullz CA + SIN
Sell info fullz SSN + Dob + DL – Sell Info Fullz Dead UK USA

Telegram: Paulsky555
paulsky555
paulsky555

Fullz SSN DOB DL USA
Fullz CA + SIN

paulsky555
paulsky555

Fullz SSN DOB DL USA
Fullz CA + SIN

paulsky555
paulsky555

Fullz SSN DOB DL USA
Fullz CA + SIN

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Colors

//View More ›

Latest Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Patterns

//View More ›
X

Terms Updated

We’d like to inform you that we have updated our Terms of Use. The most substantive changes are:

This platform was acquired by a joint venture in Israel.
changes have been made to the relevant jurisdiction for disputes which may arise out of your use of the platform.
Changes made to the monetization of users’ creations and the ability to opt out from your account settings.

Please view the revised Terms here. If you don’t mind anything there, then you don’t need to do anything. Your continued use of the platform will constitute your acceptance of the latest version of the Terms. If you disagree with anything there, you can terminate your account within seven days from today.