Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Site Info»Bugs»Seamless Studio does not run

Seamless Studio does not run

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 20 of 27 Comments

lindad7

I had the trial version and it worked perfectly. I am running windows7, ie9, have quad core, 6 gigs ram, 700 gigs on hard drive and also seem to have two registration keys. When I download the windows program and install everything seem to be going well. I enter either key and the program does not work. Nothing works when clicked. I run a troubleshootaing program and get the message incompatible application. Do you have any suggestions to make it work. I tried running as administrator, but that did nothing.

LindaD

ereseigh

Same here!!
My Seamless Studio stopped working! Seems I have the exact same problem as Peaches6 (see below) I also have Windows 7, latest updates, and it worked well for a while on same PC when I first installed it, but then started crashing. The crashes boot me off Windows and force a restart. They occur most often when I'm working with streaming video, and the crashes stop when I uninstall. When I reinstall they start again and with increased in frequency. Now I have nothing. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, Seamless and my task manager say the program is installed and running. When I click, there is no visual.. Please help!

Designs by MJ

Hey i am having the same trouble called support and no one answers to fix it. Emailed at least five times for help still no answer from colorlovers support. I think a reputation is at stake here.
Team

COLOURlover

Hi MJ,

Mike responded to your messages Aug 8th & Nov 6th. Sorry you haven't received a faster response on your recent messages. Unfortunately there is a bug in the AIR platform that we use to build & install Seamless Studio and it has really jammed us up. Because we're unable to fix this problem right now, we'll refund any purchases of SS.

I've issued refunds for your purchase.

Sorry for the trouble and thank you for your support.

Quijotesca

I think going with AIR was a mistake. Adobe discontinued Linux support a while ago. (I installed it, but only after jumping through hoops. It also worked with WINE OK.) Of course, not being a programmer, I don't have any better ideas. :/

creed

This kinda sux... I'm having the same issue.

ereseigh

I don't want any money back - I want to make templates. I would buy it again in another form or format if it exists. I was never creative before this site and I must be addicted because I am really feeling the loss of my Seamless Studio.

Is there a pre-Adobe Air version somewhere?

Are there other ways to design templates for CL?
Team

COLOURlover

It was always built in air. Not sure if we can find an AIR version pre the bug that killed us.

And you an always use Seamless Lite on our website, but it has limited capacity.

Sorry.

creed

We can always use Seamless Lite? Wow.

May I have a refund?

Quijotesca

Shockingly enough, I got the program to work without crashing on Linux.
By_the_Wayside

The deb packages I tracked down were for version 2.6.0.19170. Is that any help? (Edit: OK, that's apparently a really old version, so I'm not sure how much help this is.)

ereseigh

Where did you find the old versiion? What did you do to get it working?

Quijotesca wrote:
Shockingly enough, I got the program to work without crashing on Linux.
By_the_Wayside

The deb packages I tracked down were for version 2.6.0.19170. Is that any help? (Edit: OK, that's apparently a really old version, so I'm not sure how much help this is.)

Quijotesca

Adobe archives older versions on their web page but I don't know if you're going to need the version I used. I wouldn't recommend downloading one if you have other programs that use AIR.

I really can't help much given that I use Linux rather than Mac or Windows.

duchess1853

Yesterday the seamless studio stopped letting me import custom shapes. I was wondering if there was a limit of shapes you can import? I tried deleting a few and then adding the new ones. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it did not.

Today, I cannot get to or see the studio at all. I see the icon on the task bar, but nothing shows up. I want to uninstall, but then I will lose all of my shapes. Is there a way to save them?

duchess1853

Also it would be great if we could make separate folders for our custom shapes. Instead of having them all under My Shapes

WastedStalker

How does one accquire a refund? And why is it still being provided if its failure is inevitable?
COLOURlover wrote:
It was always built in air. Not sure if we can find an AIR version pre the bug that killed us.

And you an always use Seamless Lite on our website, but it has limited capacity.

Sorry.
Team

COLOURlover

@WastedStalker, drop us a note at http://www.colourlovers.com/contact and we'll process your refund. And we've stopped providing the software.

Architela

I just spent 5 hours working on a complex pattern, saving every few minutes because SS is buggy and crashes all the time. And when I tried to open the file I had been working on, it had only saved the very first version (from the first 5 minutes). I'm going to cry.

ereseigh

I feel your pain! I know that specific heartbreak very well!!
browser or desktop version?

Architela wrote:
I just spent 5 hours working on a complex pattern, saving every few minutes because SS is buggy and crashes all the time. And when I tried to open the file I had been working on, it had only saved the very first version (from the first 5 minutes). I'm going to cry.

twister

@Architela: This has happened to me a lot. One way to get around it (for me, anyway) is to rename the file and each time you save it. I've also learned to save each version to my desktop instead of to the seamless folder. This way if you have a crash, you have at least some of your previous work to rebuild on. Hope this works for you.

ereseigh

good advice about renaming! I do that as well. When I save and then reopen a file, I need to give it time to reload all the shapes, but that's been my only issue lately. I do all my seamless on my desktop and never upgrade to Adobe Air.

twister wrote:
@Architela: This has happened to me a lot. One way to get around it (for me, anyway) is to rename the file and each time you save it. I've also learned to save each version to my desktop instead of to the seamless folder. This way if you have a crash, you have at least some of your previous work to rebuild on. Hope this works for you.
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

shall314
shall314
Posted 44 seconds ago
Reserve
shahrizat77
shahrizat77
Posted 4 hours ago
C h r o m e *

Assigned Word: CHROME
Next Word: DYSTOPIA
AdvisorAnne