Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Site Info»Bugs»New look for site but now.....

New look for site but now.....

Create New Topic
Showing 81 - 100 of 111 Comments

YersiniaP

FFS, this Error 1015 thing is also still happening!
I just got rate limited for BROWSING my own palettes, not once but twice in a row!
I didn't even create anything or love anything, I just flipped through my palettes!

Meanwhile, spammers are happily making palettes again and there is more sponsored crap than content on any given page, unless you defend your computer with adblocker upon adblocker.
Way to go!
CL is turning into a steaming pile of youknowwhat.
Soon, there's only going to be the spammers left to appreciate the ton of clickbait links littering it.
And hey, their spam for skincare and testosterone boosters actually goes really well with the (half)naked women in that sponsored content.

Whoever "manages" the site right now, I hope you are really proud of yourself for destroying a vibrant, fun community and a page that was for so many of us a creative outlet and a haven.

eighteyed

I don't like the click bait either, but am philosophical about it. The site has to generate some money. Both for repairs, since at present no one can afford to work on it regularly even part time, and also, to prove it has some kind of financial viability to attract a buyer, a goal Darius has already stated. Our crumbling paradise was never free of charge by the grace of the internet gods. I do wish more communication would happen.

YersiniaP

Of course it costs money. And I never minded the ads we had when the site was still operational.
And if the site actually worked, many of us would be willing to pay sponsorship.

But as it is, broken and crumbling, and also since there is not communication at all, it makes me think people in charge do not care a whit about the community but only about the money they can make with clickbait and invasive advertising.
How long will they be able to make money off that though? When the site finally becomes unusable, who is going to see the ads and click the bait to make revenue?
And how do you attract a buyer when you have a wreck of a site to present?

eighteyed wrote:
I don't like the click bait either, but am philosophical about it. The site has to generate some money. Both for repairs, since at present no one can afford to work on it regularly even part time, and also, to prove it has some kind of financial viability to attract a buyer, a goal Darius has already stated. Our crumbling paradise was never free of charge by the grace of the internet gods. I do wish more communication would happen.

eighteyed

It is ugly, it is a wreck. I hate spam. But I guess I'm like the band on the Titanic... I'm going to play until CL slides forever into the watery abyss. Most of the site functions I use are still working. They fixed whatever was wrong with the template uploader. I never much used Copaso, so I'm not bent about that. Photocopa is still there, but I have for years used my own color picker addon in my browser to make palettes, it's just better.
I think the site owner is well aware of its deficiencies. I have faith that changes will eventually be made to the site to make it more functional. I'm less worried now about it than I was a year or so ago, because there are alternative communities to move to, where we can resume our online acquaintances. Love Notes are still working.
I'm a little sad I can't make my page galleries or more block blends, but I can still download patterns and play with them in other apps. I'm still downloading all the bits I want to keep.
So, back to the death of a thousand cuts. Except it's not a death. It would be just an event, to move on from or not. I still find value here.

YersiniaP

eighteyed wrote:
It is ugly, it is a wreck. I hate spam. But I guess I'm like the band on the Titanic... I'm going to play until CL slides forever into the watery abyss. .

And it is good that we have you in that function.
Thank you for being the voice of calm reason against my anger! :)

Trixxie

I am frustrated as well, but I try do the things that are available and working. I know, it stinks that CL is not working in the amazing way it used to work. The creative side of me has decided to "keep on keeping on" here at CL. Like Edith (eighteyed), I will go down with the ship, playing with this band of Colourlovers. Or perhaps, at some point, unlike the Titanic, we'll be rescued!

Love to ya'll :)

YersiniaP wrote:
eighteyed wrote:
It is ugly, it is a wreck. I hate spam. But I guess I'm like the band on the Titanic... I'm going to play until CL slides forever into the watery abyss. .

YersiniaP

Oh I am not leaving.
I'd miss the amazing people on CL and the things you can still do here, and I will stick with both as long as possible.
But I tend to get vocal when frustrated and angry.
You'll just have to bear my rants from time to time! ;)

Trixxie wrote:
I am frustrated as well, but I try do the things that are available and working. I know, it stinks that CL is not working in the amazing way it used to work. The creative side of me has decided to "keep on keeping on" here at CL. Like Edith (eighteyed), I will go down with the ship, playing with this band of Colourlovers. Or perhaps, at some point, unlike the Titanic, we'll be rescued!

Love to ya'll :)

YersiniaP wrote:
eighteyed wrote:

Trixxie

YersiniaP wrote:
Oh I am not leaving.
I'd miss the amazing people on CL and the things you can still do here, and I will stick with both as long as possible.
But I tend to get vocal when frustrated and angry.
You'll just have to bear my rants from time to time! ;)

We're always here to listen anytime YersiniaP! :) Hugs

Gordie

Such a shame....the word Ugly doesn't even come close to describing the look and use of what was once a beautiful calming and inspiring web site. The owners should hang their heads in shame.

OrigamiMei

I would go down with the ship if it didn't mean potentially getting my information stolen!

eighteyed

You're going to blame the site if your information is stolen? Who knows how it could happen to you these days. All one can do is use Ad Block, No Script as a rule for any online browsing etc. Don't click on their links or pictures and you should be ok.
OrigamiMei wrote:
I would go down with the ship if it didn't mean potentially getting my information stolen!

OrigamiMei

You have a valid point! I'll install another ad blocker app and see how it goes.

eighteyed wrote:
You're going to blame the site if your information is stolen? Who knows how it could happen to you these days. All one can do is use Ad Block, No Script as a rule for any online browsing etc. Don't click on their links or pictures and you should be ok.
OrigamiMei wrote:

YersiniaP

Can we maybe get a bit more time before the bloody captcha verification times out?
I just lost a palette because I had two new found colors to name, and took a few moments to think about good names for them. Now both palette and colors are gone.

Shy_Violet

YersiniaP wrote:
Can we maybe get a bit more time before the bloody captcha verification times out?
I just lost a palette because I had two new found colors to name, and took a few moments to think about good names for them. Now both palette and colors are gone.

Yes! Happened to me as well, SO disappointing >:[

YersiniaP

The database was down this morning, ten minutes later I could access CL just fine, but now I saw I lost all notifications after August 29.
All my newer patterns and palettes are there, just not the notifications.
Anybody else had that happen?

Trixxie

...and also, notifications for the past week are gone...

YersiniaP

I have been having problems using CL all week. I am getting rate limited like crazy, sometimes as soon as I click on anything on the site.
And now I cannot properly use the new template I uploaded yesterday.
I managed to make two patterns with it, every other palette I try to use with it, gets me "404 - Page not Loved" notice instead of a pattern. Over and over again.
It is getting really really frustrating! :(

Shy_Violet

I also get the "404 - Page not Loved" notice when I make new palettes. just sometimes though. Not every one. Not yet.. :*[
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

clearcreek6
clearcreek6
Posted 1 hour ago
Milk_Cookies
Next: Buttermilk Icing
clearcreek6
clearcreek6
Posted 1 hour ago
Watermelon_Patch

Bottle_of_Poison
G4wow
G4wow
Posted 15 hours ago
I've had the amusement out for individuals for about a year or thereabouts, just for g4wow Outland gold g4wow.com get their musings on the littlest things. Like how can it grope picking and dropping weapons? A considerable measure of the criticism was that it felt kind of cumbersome, grabbing and dropping things, and despite the fact that I burned through two months dealing with that framework, I wound up rejecting it. It simply wasn't adding for wow Outland gold the get and-play, natural feel that I'm searching for."
WendyAndBuster
WendyAndBuster
Posted 20 hours ago
pay_day.
+
end_of_the_day.
=
life_passes_by.
WendyAndBuster
WendyAndBuster
Posted 20 hours ago
money_talks.