Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Site Info»Bugs»New look for site but now.....

New look for site but now.....

Create New Topic
Showing 41 - 60 of 70 Comments

ClawsThatCatch

I'm really sad about all of this...because I just joined CL...did I truly join at the end? Will the site recover? will someone make a new site?? Will someone BUY THIS DANG SITE AND FIX IT??? I'm really sad now

Edit: I'm going to go move myself over to color buffs but I'll stay here too

Roma Majid Hara

ClawsThatCatch wrote:
I'm really sad about all of this...because I just joined CL...did I truly join at the end? Will the site recover? will someone make a new site?? Will someone BUY THIS DANG SITE AND FIX IT??? I'm really sad now

Edit: I'm going to go move myself over to color buffs but I'll stay here too


Let's just hope for good. Well, you can still have fun but some of the options are lacking on the site and they're yet irritating. However, we can't thank anyone personally on profiles instead we're proposing notes so it's a lot of time taking. I miss everything. Sadly the site lost its charm.

ClawsThatCatch

Roma Majid Hara wrote:
ClawsThatCatch wrote:
I'm really sad about all of this...because I just joined CL...did I truly join at the end? Will the site recover? will someone make a new site?? Will someone BUY THIS DANG SITE AND FIX IT??? I'm really sad now

Edit: I'm going to go move myself over to color buffs but I'll stay here too


Let's just hope for good. Well, you can still have fun but some of the options are lacking on the site and they're yet irritating. However, we can't thank anyone personally on profiles instead we're proposing notes so it's a lot of time taking. I miss everything. Sadly the site lost its charm.


which site is 'yet irritating' sorry I'm confused. I hate all the captchas on both sites

Roma Majid Hara

ClawsThatCatch wrote:
Roma Majid Hara wrote:
ClawsThatCatch wrote:
I'm really sad about all of this...because I just joined CL...did I truly join at the end? Will the site recover? will someone make a new site?? Will someone BUY THIS DANG SITE AND FIX IT??? I'm really sad now

Edit: I'm going to go move myself over to color buffs but I'll stay here too


Let's just hope for good. Well, you can still have fun but some of the options are lacking on the site and they're yet irritating. However, we can't thank anyone personally on profiles instead we're proposing notes so it's a lot of time taking. I miss everything. Sadly the site lost its charm.


which site is 'yet irritating' sorry I'm confused. I hate all the captchas on both sites


I am talking about CL.

ClawsThatCatch

Roma Majid Hara wrote:
ClawsThatCatch wrote:
Roma Majid Hara wrote:
ClawsThatCatch wrote:
I'm really sad about all of this...because I just joined CL...did I truly join at the end? Will the site recover? will someone make a new site?? Will someone BUY THIS DANG SITE AND FIX IT??? I'm really sad now

Edit: I'm going to go move myself over to color buffs but I'll stay here too


Let's just hope for good. Well, you can still have fun but some of the options are lacking on the site and they're yet irritating. However, we can't thank anyone personally on profiles instead we're proposing notes so it's a lot of time taking. I miss everything. Sadly the site lost its charm.


which site is 'yet irritating' sorry I'm confused. I hate all the captchas on both sites


I am talking about CL.


Oh okay! I also just noticed that colorbuffs has a limit of 2000 colors each, which really bothers me.

OrigamiMei

Why does a limit bother you? I personally think people dont need to be naming colors by the thousands but to each his own, i suppose.

SerenniRose

Sponsored accounts are actually no longer available - if you click the link on the front page it just takes you to your account and there is *no* option to buy a sponsored account on any of the My Account pages. Hence why I'd suggested the return of sponsored accounts if the site needs revenue, instead of the ads; sponsored accounts haven't been available since I joined CL in April 2017, and maybe longer than that, even. I know people are probably less willing to want to sponsor with all of the ways the site has gone downhill these last months, but if it was incentive for the admins to get rid of the ads and do something with the Basic Palette Maker where you can adjust widths, who knows?

OrigamiMei wrote:
Sponsored accounts are still available (I think. The link on the front page is still there). However, with all the effed-upness of CL now, no one can be bothered. I had a sponsored account for 5 years but once things started going downhill (admin not responding, the behavior some people are allowed to get away with, etc.) I stopped being willing to pay into something that no longer suited me.
The type of ads don't bother me as much as the number of ads. As someone pointed out, this site has more ads than any I've experienced before and it interferes with the performance of my laptop.

I'd love for COPASO to be fixed, too. Unfortunately, I don't think it will be because the software is being phased out. -_- It makes me sad and gives me yet another reason to not bother with CL anymore.

(By the way, Colorbuffs.com is growing by leaps and bounds. I believe it will actually surpass CL in the near future. Check it out if you haven't already!)

ClawsThatCatch

OrigamiMei wrote:
Why does a limit bother you? I personally think people dont need to be naming colors by the thousands but to each his own, i suppose.


That low of a limit, I mean. I feel like it should be at least a little higher. Most people don't love naming colors, but some of us truly do. Most people wont reach the limit but...

YersiniaP

How do you know that most people don't like naming colors?
That sounds like a really random thing to say.

Besides, the fact that some people really LOVE claiming and naming colors A LOT, is the very reason they originally put a limit on it.
It's unfair for some people to claim thousands and thousands of colors, while others will not be able to find any new ones.
It's always the ones who like to bingeclaim who complain...

ClawsThatCatch wrote:
OrigamiMei wrote:
Why does a limit bother you? I personally think people dont need to be naming colors by the thousands but to each his own, i suppose.


That low of a limit, I mean. I feel like it should be at least a little higher. Most people don't love naming colors, but some of us truly do. Most people wont reach the limit but...

ClawsThatCatch

YersiniaP wrote:
How do you know that most people don't like naming colors?
That sounds like a really random thing to say.

Besides, the fact that some people really LOVE claiming and naming colors A LOT, is the very reason they originally put a limit on it.
It's unfair for some people to claim thousands and thousands of colors, while others will not be able to find any new ones.
It's always the ones who like to bingeclaim who complain...

ClawsThatCatch wrote:
OrigamiMei wrote:
Why does a limit bother you? I personally think people dont need to be naming colors by the thousands but to each his own, i suppose.


That low of a limit, I mean. I feel like it should be at least a little higher. Most people don't love naming colors, but some of us truly do. Most people wont reach the limit but...


I said MOST people, not all. Some people really do. I say that because the majority of users on CL that I've seen haven't named over 1000. And look at my profile, does it look like I've been 'binge claiming' as you think I have? No, I haven't. I just joined color buffs, and yes, I have name 62 colors in a few days, but most of those were my colors already on this site. I said I wouldn't mind a slightly higher limit, such as 4000 or 5000. Jeez. Don't be rude.

YersiniaP

Jeez. I am not being rude.

The majority of people active on CL right now joined after most colors had already been named.
So even if you or I or anybody who joined in relatively recent times wanted to, they could not easily claim color after color.
It can be done, but you have to put some effort into it.
So judging solely by the amount of colors a user has, if they like naming colors or not, is a fallacy.

That aside, you did not originally say you "wouldn't mind a slightly higher limit" on CB, you said, " I feel like it should be at least a little higher".
The entitlement is strong in that sentence.
And 4000 or 5000 is by no means "slightly higher" than 2000. It's double the amount, or 1,5 times the amount respectively. And the limit is lifted in the foreseeable future anyway, so it's not really useful to pout about it anyway.

You sound awfully familiar btw, are you sure this is your first account on CL, dear?

ClawsThatCatch wrote:
YersiniaP wrote:
How do you know that most people don't like naming colors?
That sounds like a really random thing to say.

Besides, the fact that some people really LOVE claiming and naming colors A LOT, is the very reason they originally put a limit on it.
It's unfair for some people to claim thousands and thousands of colors, while others will not be able to find any new ones.
It's always the ones who like to bingeclaim who complain...

ClawsThatCatch wrote:
OrigamiMei wrote:
Why does a limit bother you? I personally think people dont need to be naming colors by the thousands but to each his own, i suppose.


That low of a limit, I mean. I feel like it should be at least a little higher. Most people don't love naming colors, but some of us truly do. Most people wont reach the limit but...


I said MOST people, not all. Some people really do. I say that because the majority of users on CL that I've seen haven't named over 1000. And look at my profile, does it look like I've been 'binge claiming' as you think I have? No, I haven't. I just joined color buffs, and yes, I have name 62 colors in a few days, but most of those were my colors already on this site. I said I wouldn't mind a slightly higher limit, such as 4000 or 5000. Jeez. Don't be rude.

Roma Majid Hara

I have some login issues on colorbuff. what's the code I didn't get verification email though? If anyone can help?

ClawsThatCatch

YersiniaP wrote:
Jeez. I am not being rude.

The majority of people active on CL right now joined after most colors had already been named.
So even if you or I or anybody who joined in relatively recent times wanted to, they could not easily claim color after color.
It can be done, but you have to put some effort into it.
So judging solely by the amount of colors a user has, if they like naming colors or not, is a fallacy.

That aside, you did not originally say you "wouldn't mind a slightly higher limit" on CB, you said, " I feel like it should be at least a little higher".
The entitlement is strong in that sentence.
And 4000 or 5000 is by no means "slightly higher" than 2000. It's double the amount, or 1,5 times the amount respectively. And the limit is lifted in the foreseeable future anyway, so it's not really useful to pout about it anyway.

You sound awfully familiar btw, are you sure this is your first account on CL, dear?

ClawsThatCatch wrote:
YersiniaP wrote:
How do you know that most people don't like naming colors?
That sounds like a really random thing to say.

Besides, the fact that some people really LOVE claiming and naming colors A LOT, is the very reason they originally put a limit on it.
It's unfair for some people to claim thousands and thousands of colors, while others will not be able to find any new ones.
It's always the ones who like to bingeclaim who complain...

ClawsThatCatch wrote:
OrigamiMei wrote:
Why does a limit bother you? I personally think people dont need to be naming colors by the thousands but to each his own, i suppose.


That low of a limit, I mean. I feel like it should be at least a little higher. Most people don't love naming colors, but some of us truly do. Most people wont reach the limit but...


I said MOST people, not all. Some people really do. I say that because the majority of users on CL that I've seen haven't named over 1000. And look at my profile, does it look like I've been 'binge claiming' as you think I have? No, I haven't. I just joined color buffs, and yes, I have name 62 colors in a few days, but most of those were my colors already on this site. I said I wouldn't mind a slightly higher limit, such as 4000 or 5000. Jeez. Don't be rude.


Don't call me dear, I'm not your dear. and yes, yes it is. Are you trying to insult some other user on the site? Are you really nitpicking at how I phrase a dang sentence? Well, I'm so very sorry I don't use the exactly words that you think are appropriate. And guess what, I didn't know that the limit was going to be lifted until right after I made my post.

YersiniaP

Are you still having trouble?
I can contact Fate for you if you want?
Roma Majid Hara wrote:
I have some login issues on colorbuff. what's the code I didn't get verification email though? If anyone can help?

Roma Majid Hara

No, I am in and having fun :D

YersiniaP

Awesome! :D
Roma Majid Hara wrote:
No, I am in and having fun :D

OrigamiMei

Well, that certainly escalated. O_O I didn't mean to start an argument.

YersiniaP

Yes, there's been an influx of them again over the past days! :(
I've started posting to the spam thread again, but I don't think anybody in charge looks at it anymore.

Skyblue2u wrote:
Spammers are back
http://www.colourlovers.com/palette/4521365/surat_best_escorts

Skyblue2u

Skyblue2u wrote:
Spammers are back
http://www.colourlovers.com/palette/4521365/surat_best_escorts

Maybe with Putin kicking out so many U.S. diplomats the Russian Hookers are getting hungry.
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

Trixxie
Trixxie
Trixxie
Posted 2 hours ago
Just received this email from "trustee11"
LOL just noticed several of you posted this same SCAM note.
God bless you and thanks,
how are you? Happy to meet you. I got your contact via this site, I seriously have interest to invest on a profitable business in your country, the money I want to invest was acquired from my church member, and then I was his financial adviser. The amount to invest is ($14.5 million US dollars) presently, but I’m the present Catholic Church leader in my parish, if you will like to assist me as a partner, you must have the fear of God? kindly indicate your interest, and all other details relating to the funds will be revealed to you as we progress on. Confidentiality contact my direct e-mail address (@yahoo.com or @gmail.com) also indicate your direct telephone number, when replying this mail, God will guide us and with good health Amen,
God bless you and your family,
Rev, Chris


I deleted the email addresses he gave. Beware Colourlovers!
stekelzak
stekelzak
Posted 3 hours ago
You are so right!
Roma Majid Hara
Roma Majid Hara
Roma Majid Hara
Posted 11 hours ago
We all do every day. However, you can join colorbuffs. You can give your feedback if you dislike anything. You can make color, patterns and do a lot more explore the site. Have a nice day!

Maurie wrote:
Are this irritating full color adds here to stay? It's not even true what they portray. I am from South Africa and know all about these scams. Don't like the new outlay also. Just too much on one page. Sorry but I miss the old CL!!!!

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Colors

//View More ›

Latest Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Patterns

//View More ›