Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Site Info»Bugs»New look for site but now.....

New look for site but now.....

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 20 of 111 Comments
I noticed the changes on how the site looks...now comments, posts, etc are on the left side of the screen. Not sure why the change but no problem with it. BUT now colored patterns and templates are blank. When you go to new patterns or templates all you see is white and the same when you create a new pattern and then try to view it. And it doesn't seem to be a browser issue...tried it on Chrome and Internet Explorer. Considering how long it took to fix the pattern uploads issue; it'll probably be weeks before this is fixed.
why the new look; it worked fine like it was. I hate updates it takes ages before all the bug are fixed. patterns are visible from page 5 .
I don't mind the changes to the comments/posts/etc on the left side of the screen but I can't see new patterns or templates either, or the thumbnails for new patterns and templates. Last visible pattern was mine, Galadriel (now on page 6 at the time of this comment). I'm not sure why palettes are still visible and patterns and templates aren't, but I hope they fix this soon!
Me too, I tested Seamless uploads and it still works...but not much reason to post new pattern templates if no one can see them. : /

SerenniRose wrote:
I don't mind the changes to the comments/posts/etc on the left side of the screen but I can't see new patterns or templates either, or the thumbnails for new patterns and templates. Last visible pattern was mine, Galadriel (now on page 6 at the time of this comment). I'm not sure why palettes are still visible and patterns and templates aren't, but I hope they fix this soon!
I can still preview patterns in the pattern designer but there's that white space after they're posted, and if you click on the Preview for one of the new patterns post-site-break, you get an error message that says "This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below." And a bunch of code that has "Access Denied" in it.

Also I tested in Chrome and Microsoft Edge so it's definitely not just a browser thing.

*sadface* I'm going into withdrawal, man... :P
Know how you feel....major withdrawl here too

SerenniRose wrote:
I can still preview patterns in the pattern designer but there's that white space after they're posted, and if you click on the Preview for one of the new patterns post-site-break, you get an error message that says "This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below." And a bunch of code that has "Access Denied" in it.

Also I tested in Chrome and Microsoft Edge so it's definitely not just a browser thing.

*sadface* I'm going into withdrawal, man... :P
Personally I hate changes like this, especially when elements of a site I am constantly on switch sides like this, but meh, I can deal if I have to, it just takes time to get used to.

What I cannot very well deal with is the fact that CL has been having major issues over the past weeks, many of which render it almost unusable.
And instead of fixing those, it gets a new look.

That's like a person being run over by a car and instead of calling an ambulance, you put make up on them.
I mean WTF is happening here?
YersiniaP wrote:
That's like a person being run over by a car and instead of calling an ambulance, you put make up on them.

I laughed at this mental image though.

But yes, exactly. We don't need a new look, we need a functional site.

While we're on this subject of functionality, I could also do without the really obnoxious ads, especially the ones that autoplay audio.
Also now Photocopa is having issues. Can't load new photos, can't view the gallery. -.-
I am under the impression that the layout of the site is messed up rather than this being an intentional change. At least I hope so. I dunno. Nothing makes much sense anymore.
That could be it too. :(
I feel left-handed.
Lol, still feels backwards, like taking a selfie in a mirror. Don't understand the change, and the ad at the top makes it look like you are selecting a link to a section on this site with words like "design templates" "color palette" and "print templates" but it's just an ad...aka click bait. Crap like that just ticks me off.

GabsGiggles wrote:
I feel left-handed.
Yeah, that top ad is seriously misleading and annoying, but what about that block of sponsored content at the bottom now every time you open a palette or pattern?

I get that the site needs the revenue, but can that not be done with "real" ads like we had before, and not this shitty clickbait content? And the NSFW content from a few weeks ago?
I always thought CL was above crap like that.

EDIT: ...and not just when you open a palette or pattern, but also when you open somebody's profile, right in the middle of the effing page. And not exactly SFW content either. NO, I don't want to see naked celebs, and I don't want such things on a site like CL!

ColourPhreak wrote:
Lol, still feels backwards, like taking a selfie in a mirror. Don't understand the change, and the ad at the top makes it look like you are selecting a link to a section on this site with words like "design templates" "color palette" and "print templates" but it's just an ad...aka click bait. Crap like that just ticks me off.

GabsGiggles wrote:
I feel left-handed.
YersiniaP wrote:

EDIT: ...and not just when you open a palette or pattern, but also when you open somebody's profile, right in the middle of the effing page. And not exactly SFW content either. NO, I don't want to see naked celebs, and I don't want such things on a site like CL!

SAME. Adblocker for Chrome only removes some of the ads, not all of them, which is VERY frustrating.

Also why is the site including *this* new development but this is going on Day 2 of images for new patterns and templates being broken?
I'm glad I'm not alone here and hope they fix it. I can't see anyone's works and it's frustrating.
The inundation of click-bait ads over the past couple of days was bad enough. (Never mind the fact that the site isn't even working properly anymore) But today when I got on, and saw that there is a bunch of it RIGHT IN my profile, I wanted to immediately delete my account and never turn back. No doubt, some people have done so already.
For a website that was once devoted to artistic creation, it sure has become one of the most visually unappealing sites I've seen. If I'm in the mood to be artistic, the last thing I want to see is all this crass, tacky clutter.
The only reason I did not immediately leave the site is because I want to save all of my favorite patterns that I've done, on to my computer first. That should take a couple of days, and then I'm done. Maybe things will change for the better in that time, and I really hope that they do. But I'm not holding my breath.
Haven't been here, for a while, but I just want to know WHY....especially the trashy sponsored content. I see enough of that on yahoo.
Because I'd say CL has reached the end of the line. People thought I was being pessimistic when I said CL was coming to an end but we're seeing it right here.

hlee wrote:
Haven't been here, for a while, but I just want to know WHY....especially the trashy sponsored content. I see enough of that on yahoo.
This makes me very, very sad. Rather mad as well! This is my healing place. My escape from my own mind. This site did what nothing else could in my very dark days. I can't bring myself to just leave...or to tolerate such crap blasting everywhere >:[
What to do? What to do??
I just have to hope that someone with shining armor comes along & saves this amazing home from all the invasive bullshit. Soon...
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

paulsky555
paulsky555
Hot Service – Today New Update

Fullz SSN DOB DL USA
Fullz CA + SIN
Sell info fullz SSN + Dob + DL – Sell Info Fullz Dead UK USA

Telegram: Paulsky555
paulsky555
paulsky555

Fullz SSN DOB DL USA
Fullz CA + SIN

paulsky555
paulsky555

Fullz SSN DOB DL USA
Fullz CA + SIN

paulsky555
paulsky555

Fullz SSN DOB DL USA
Fullz CA + SIN

paulsky555
paulsky555

Fullz SSN DOB DL USA
Fullz CA + SIN

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Colors

//View More ›

Latest Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Patterns

//View More ›
X

Terms Updated

We’d like to inform you that we have updated our Terms of Use. The most substantive changes are:

This platform was acquired by a joint venture in Israel.
changes have been made to the relevant jurisdiction for disputes which may arise out of your use of the platform.
Changes made to the monetization of users’ creations and the ability to opt out from your account settings.

Please view the revised Terms here. If you don’t mind anything there, then you don’t need to do anything. Your continued use of the platform will constitute your acceptance of the latest version of the Terms. If you disagree with anything there, you can terminate your account within seven days from today.