Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Site Info»Bugs»Can't post a Comment

Can't post a Comment

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 20 of 36 Comments

ColourARTZZ74

I try to post a comment and then click onto ''post comment'' but it shows nothing on someone's page, just to say thanks for favering or liking my colours or patterns, I don't see it, I would love to say thanks on some oné's page but can't. Anyone's having the same issue?

Thanks in advance!

sunshine-lollipops

Yep! I think it's got to do with the new reCaptcha plugin(?) feature (the 'I'm not a robot' thing). Sometimes it doesn't come up when you submit a comment, which probably automatically invalidates your comment since you couldn't've clicked on it.

ColourARTZZ74

oh, that's what it is then, shame I can't say thank you to those people who like my patterns then :(

mrandmuller

I'm having the same issue. Frustrating...

Trixxie

please refer to this thread for what we're all having issues with -

www.colourlovers.com/forums/2,5,342068/Advanced_color_palette_tool_doesnt_work_properly

Trixxie

Happy to help! :)
ColourARTZZ74 wrote:
ok thanks Trixxie :)

amyanneerickson

Having the same problem...ugh!

Hurricat

So not only can I not make any palettes at all, but now I'm starting to get ads on the top and right side of my screen, even though as a sponsor I have ads turned off in my settings. I also have adblock on and it STILL doesn't block these ads, and I can't find a way to consistently block them all manually. I used to love making palettes here but visiting this site is more trouble than it's worth now. The entire spam situation to begin with was handled very poorly and now I have very little desire to come back as the lack of administration has already run out most of the members here. It makes me very sad to see a site I loved fall into such disrepair but it looks like I'll be moving on for good.

OrigamiMei

Hurricat, I feel you. And I would have suggested Colorbuffs but it has a sociopath from this website that goes insane copying people's shit. So, yeah. I guess we're out of luck for the time being and it really sucks.

k i r y u

It really hurts my heart to see a site I've been using since my early teenage years in such a sh**show of a state, but I definitely feel the same, you two.

The only palette generator site I use is coolors.co, its nice cause i don't need an account to make and save stuff to your computer, it doesn't let you play with the color widths but idk, i guess beggars can't be choosers :\

eighteyed

Well, clearly different things are being tried right now, and it's not running perfect. I'm not ready to give up on this site yet. My one wish through being patient while the bugs are worked out and the spammers run off is that management would make a short statement. I understand that things are really hopping at the Monsef place with a new addition, congrats for that...just please say something, a couple sentences about where we are with the site revamp, pretty please!

OrigamiMei

I have to admit that the lack of badges has actually been pretty nice. At times, I'm not a fan of the flood of badges on the sidebar. It's nice to not have some creations shoved in my face over and over again.
And I second Edith. I'd love to hear some news. :)

ginnysister

I am very pleased to see that the spam problem is being addressed and agree with Edith re being patient while these changes are taking place and also concur that some form of communication by those behind the scenes would be nice and greatly appreciated.
*Congrats to Monsef family on their new bundle of joy*

amyanneerickson

Came back after being gone for 2 years to this disappointment, Also, once again, experienced issues with Seamless Light errors. Captchas are a pain in the butt (especially when they make you click though 3 pages of pics); however, I understand the need for them.

YersiniaP

I am all for being patient while much needed changes are made to the site, but the complete absence of communication is very disturbing.
I feel it is a lack of respect towards the community to just leave us worrying and guessing every. bloody. time.

We have sat out weeks of CL not working because of DoS-Attacks, we've experienced several (for us: surprise) shut-downs as updates were implemented, we have grappled with the buggy fallout of many of these updates - and never a comment, a warning, a heads-up, an anything from anybody in charge.

Are we not worth being informed?

And now I sit and wait to see if this comment will actually be posted. I have not been able to comment anywhere, not even my own profile, for days.

sunshine-lollipops

eighteyed wrote:
My one wish through being patient while the bugs are worked out and the spammers run off is that management would make a short statement.

Definitely.

sunshine-lollipops

I guess our default strategy now is ctrl+a, ctrl+c on a comment just in case we lose it without it being posted. Last week I had to re-write a comment 3 times before I learned. :P
Team

COLOURlover

Hello Friends. Yes, the captcha for comments and disabling of links is frustrating... but we're fighting an unpleasant fight against spammers that have had free reign to spam the crap out of this site the past couple years... also who likely shut it down for a couple weeks with a DDoS attack. We've implemented some heavy handed things like the captcha to combat the spam... this isn't a long term solution, but thoughtful solutions that allow creative good intentioned folks to continue sharing the love, while preventing spammers who have a ton of resources, is not quick. It was only a several months ago that I took the site back from Autodesk and I'm working with a team that will have the resources to start making improvements and helping this awesome group of people get back to the community they love.

Wildfire2013

I get what is being done is to fight spammers, BUT I'm having an atrocious time trying to post comments.... it seems to be happening every time I try to copy and paste the code for the item I'm commenting on.
Fire
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

Souldew98
Souldew98
Posted
Same here, except my screen is covered in ads and clickbait. D:
Sukiro
Sukiro
Posted 1 hour ago
Same as Yersi here :-(((
YersiniaP
YersiniaP
Posted 5 hours ago
...and only half of any profile
cvbcvbcv
cvbcvbcv
Posted 1 day ago
[kerala - lucknow] ☵ +91-9461242837 ☷ LoVe mArRiAgE pRoBlEm sOlUtIoN oman qatar usa
cvbcvbcv
cvbcvbcv
Posted 1 day ago
[kerala - lucknow] ☵ +91-9461242837 ☷ vashikaran to control boss in oman qatar usa

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Colors

//View More ›

Latest Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Patterns

//View More ›