Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Site Info»Bugs»Advanced color palette tool doesn't work properly

Advanced color palette tool doesn't work properly

Create New Topic
Showing 21 - 40 of 56 Comments

lluscious

eighteyed wrote:
Darius warned us months ago that copaso and photocopa were on the chopping block.
Probably best to reread his post from back when, because he's notorious for not making site announcements. I speculate that the recent badge issues have to do with combatting spam.

www.colourlovers.com/forums/1,1,307865/Hello_again_old_friends..._(The_Future_of_COLOURlovers)?page=1#comments

Thank you for the info! I completely missed this somehow. :)

OrigamiMei

How did I miss that copaso and photocopa are on the outs?! Wow. That makes me sad. :( And as for the badges, I'm thinking that is a temporary glitch. I can't imagine badges would be cut out all together? But I didn't think copaso and photocopa, two major feaures here at CL, would ever be axed either.
I don't wanna go into the doomsday stuff weve speculated about may times, but I'm strugging to see how CL is going to survive let alone evolve...

lluscious wrote:
eighteyed wrote:
Darius warned us months ago that copaso and photocopa were on the chopping block.
Probably best to reread his post from back when, because he's notorious for not making site announcements. I speculate that the recent badge issues have to do with combatting spam.

www.colourlovers.com/forums/1,1,307865/Hello_again_old_friends..._(The_Future_of_COLOURlovers)?page=1#comments

Thank you for the info! I completely missed this somehow. :)

eighteyed

Well, I think that badges have a problem. They are a picture, and a link combined. Just the kind of things we can't let spammers have anymore. I too hope the change isn't permanent, but instead a drastic measure. Draconian. The idea is to make spammers realize this place isn't productive for their leavings. It will take some time to get that word out. In the meantime, CL apparently didn't used to have that many features, and it did okay for years. I realize this was in a naive phase of internet where people didn't expect much. We can still make palettes and patterns. We are now in Austerity mode. Sharing them has become trickier, but I'm willing to look at browse palettes and browse patterns to find the good stuff.
Darius plans to replace the basic palette maker with one that lets you control widths, and photocopa is completely replacable with a color picker addon you can put in your browser. I use one called Rainbow, works for FireFox, learned about it years ago from ycc2106. Lets you pick colors from any browser page, without having to save the picture. Many similar other ones.

ColourARTZZ74

same problem here too

thesapphirerose

I can't even make a palette with the basic colour palette tool despite very clearly clicking the captcha now

aircube

kotomi-chan wrote:
I have Windows 8.1 and I use Google Chrome. When I try to choose the first color using the advanced color palette tool, it looks like only the first click works. After clicking once on that color tool on the right everything freezes... Yesterday everything was fine. Maybe I should wait a little longer, but I'm curious if I'm the only one with this problem...
me too, same mac

howla

thesapphirerose wrote:
I can't even make a palette with the basic colour palette tool despite very clearly clicking the captcha now

Basic palette maker isn't working for me, either, this AM. The button to submit the palette isn't registering as a link. Starting to get darned concerned. :(

thesapphirerose

howla wrote:
thesapphirerose wrote:

Basic palette maker isn't working for me, either, this AM. The button to submit the palette isn't registering as a link. Starting to get darned concerned. :(

That's basically what happened to me, even though I managed to make one palette. Good to know it's not just me then.

eighteyed

Basic is working for me.

thesapphirerose

eighteyed wrote:
Basic is working for me.

It worked for a little bit for me . . . until it started making me select tiles and then it went back to not registering as a link

YersiniaP

Huh, I have not been around for a few days and came here reading all those forum posts with a rising sense of dread and panic.

However, Photocopa works just fine for me, I just made a palette.
What the hell's going on?

mrandmuller

I can't speak for anyone else, but I can't make anything but patterns.
I guess I'll just take a break and hope it gets better eventually. :(

thesapphirerose

YersiniaP wrote:
Huh, I have not been around for a few days and came here reading all those forum posts with a rising sense of dread and panic.

However, Photocopa works just fine for me, I just made a palette.
What the hell's going on?

I can't speak for everyone but in short:

> Captcha has been implemented into this site which is great, but common speculation (which I agree with) is that it's been poorly implemented into the code that it's caused a number of bugs which you can see a lot of people are worried about. We can't really do anything but vent our worries here and pray it'll get fixed asap.
> A lot of people are concerned about how this will affect the future, along with talk about how staff may be getting rid of features such as photocopa and making palettes from images. I can't say anything about it since I'm not a staff member and I barely use those features anyway.

Best thing to do is if you find you can't make a palette or pattern, take a break for a while or search out for alternative sites with similar services even though it sucks because they might not have the same community that this site has.

Trixxie

I also cannot make palettes using Basic Palette Maker - but only if I use Google Chrome.
When I use Mac's Safari, the Basic Palette Maker works fine. I'm going to try Firefox and see if that works.

Trixxie

Okay, I just tried Firefox and the Basic Palette Maker works. But I am using a Mac - not sure how this is affecting Windows users. Give it a try and let us know if you've tried Firefox.

thesapphirerose

Trixxie wrote:
Okay, I just tried Firefox and the Basic Palette Maker works. But I am using a Mac - not sure how this is affecting Windows users. Give it a try and let us know if you've tried Firefox.

I'm using Opera on a Windows OS and I have been able to upload palettes at random intervals for some reason. Maybe they've only worked on making it properly compatible with Firefox for now? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trixxie

Okay, now Google Chrome seems to be working. Weird!!

eighteyed

Here's something odd:
When I have made a pattern in FireFox, on macOS, I can no longer toggle the pattern full view. I can on ipad, however.

Trixxie

I just tried Firefox 54.0 (64 bit) on MacOS10.12.5 and I am able to toggle the pattern full view. Do you have the latest version of Firefox?
eighteyed wrote:
Here's something odd:
When I have made a pattern in FireFox, on macOS, I can no longer toggle the pattern full view. I can on ipad, however.

eighteyed

I dunno. Away from the desktop for now, will look into it soon.
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

fullmovie21
fullmovie21
Posted
Watch Wonderstruck Full Movie in HD

PLAY NOW ==> http://starmovie.org/movie/383709/wonderstruck.html

Wonderstruck Off Genre : Drama
Stars : Oakes Fegley, Julianne Moore, Michelle Williams, Millicent Simmonds, Cory Michael Smith, Tom Noonan
Release : 2017-10-20
Runtime : 120 min.

Production : Killer Films

Movie Synopsis:
The story of a young boy in the Midwest is told simultaneously with a tale about a young girl in New York from fifty years ago as they both seek the same mysterious connection.

Wonderstruck Full Movie, Wonderstruck Full Movie , Wonderstruck Full Movie Online, Wonderstruck Full Movie, Watch Wonderstruck Full Movie, Wonderstruck Full Movie Download, Wonderstruck Full Movie Streaming, Watch Wonderstruck Full Movie, Watch Wonderstruck Full Movie, Watch Wonderstruck Full Movie , Wonderstruck Full Movie Free, Wonderstruck Full Movie HD 720p, Wonderstruck Full Movie HD 1080p Quality, Streaming Wonderstruck Full Movie, Wonderstruck Full Movie
fullmovie21
fullmovie21
Posted
Watch The Snowman Full Movie in HD

PLAY NOW : http://starmovie.org/movie/372343/the-snowman.html

The Snowman Off Genre : Crime, Drama, Horror, Mystery, Thriller
Stars : Michael Fassbender, Rebecca Ferguson, Val Kilmer, Chloë Sevigny, J.K. Simmons, Jamie Clayton
Release : 2017-10-12
Runtime : 119 min.
Production : Universal Pictures

Movie Synopsis:
Detective Harry Hole investigates the disappearance of a woman whose pink scarf is found wrapped around an ominous looking snowman.

The Snowman Full Movie, The Snowman Full Movie , The Snowman Full Movie Online, The Snowman Full Movie, Watch The Snowman Full Movie, The Snowman Full Movie Download, The Snowman Full Movie Streaming, Watch The Snowman Full Movie, Watch The Snowman Full Movie, Watch The Snowman Full Movie , The Snowman Full Movie Free, The Snowman Full Movie HD 720p, The Snowman Full Movie HD 1080p Quality, Streaming The Snowman Full Movie, The Snowman Full Movie
fullmovie21
fullmovie21
Posted
Watch Geostorm Full Movie in HD

PLAY NOW : http://starmovie.org/movie/274855/geostorm.html

Geostorm Off Genre : Action
Stars : Gerard Butler, Katheryn Winnick, Jodi Lyn Brockton, Abbie Cornish, Jim Sturgess, Ed Harris
Release : 2017-10-19
Production : Electric Entertainment

Movie Synopsis:
Gerard Butler playing a stubborn but charming satellite designer who, when the world’s climate-controlling satellites malfunction, has to work together with his estranged brother to save the world from a man-made storm of epic proportions. A trip into space follows, while on Earth a plot to assassinate the president begins to unfold.

Geostorm Full Movie, Geostorm Full Movie , Geostorm Full Movie Online, Geostorm Full Movie, Watch Geostorm Full Movie, Geostorm Full Movie Download, Geostorm Full Movie Streaming, Watch Geostorm Full Movie, Watch Geostorm Full Movie, Watch Geostorm Full Movie , Geostorm Full Movie Free, Geostorm Full Movie HD 720p, Geostorm Full Movie HD 1080p Quality, Streaming Geostorm Full Movie, Geostorm Full Movie
fullmovie21
fullmovie21
Posted
Watch Boo 2! A Madea Halloween Full Movie in HD

PLAY NOW : http://starmovie.org/movie/459202/boo-2-a-madea-halloween.html

Boo 2! A Madea Halloween Off Genre : Comedy
Stars : Tyler Perry, Cassi Davis, Patrice Lovely, Diamond White, Brock O'Hurn, Inanna Sarkis
Release : 2017-10-20

Movie Synopsis:
Madea and the gang encounter monsters, goblins and boogeymen at a haunted campground.

Boo 2! A Madea Halloween Full Movie, Boo 2! A Madea Halloween Full Movie , Boo 2! A Madea Halloween Full Movie Online, Boo 2! A Madea Halloween Full Movie, Watch Boo 2! A Madea Halloween Full Movie, Boo 2! A Madea Halloween Full Movie Download, Boo 2! A Madea Halloween Full Movie Streaming, Watch Boo 2! A Madea Halloween Full Movie, Watch Boo 2! A Madea Halloween Full Movie, Watch Boo 2! A Madea Halloween Full Movie , Boo 2! A Madea Halloween Full Movie Free, Boo 2! A Madea Halloween Full Movie HD 720p, Boo 2! A Madea Halloween Full Movie HD 1080p Quality, Streaming Boo 2! A Madea Halloween Full Movie, Boo 2! A Madea Halloween Full Movie
WendyAndBuster
WendyAndBuster
Posted
three_two_one.
+
behind_the_mask.
=
hidden_emotions.

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Colors

//View More ›