Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Site Info»Bugs»Advanced color palette tool doesn't work properly

Advanced color palette tool doesn't work properly

Create New Topic
Showing 21 - 40 of 56 Comments

lluscious

eighteyed wrote:
Darius warned us months ago that copaso and photocopa were on the chopping block.
Probably best to reread his post from back when, because he's notorious for not making site announcements. I speculate that the recent badge issues have to do with combatting spam.

www.colourlovers.com/forums/1,1,307865/Hello_again_old_friends..._(The_Future_of_COLOURlovers)?page=1#comments

Thank you for the info! I completely missed this somehow. :)

OrigamiMei

How did I miss that copaso and photocopa are on the outs?! Wow. That makes me sad. :( And as for the badges, I'm thinking that is a temporary glitch. I can't imagine badges would be cut out all together? But I didn't think copaso and photocopa, two major feaures here at CL, would ever be axed either.
I don't wanna go into the doomsday stuff weve speculated about may times, but I'm strugging to see how CL is going to survive let alone evolve...

lluscious wrote:
eighteyed wrote:
Darius warned us months ago that copaso and photocopa were on the chopping block.
Probably best to reread his post from back when, because he's notorious for not making site announcements. I speculate that the recent badge issues have to do with combatting spam.

www.colourlovers.com/forums/1,1,307865/Hello_again_old_friends..._(The_Future_of_COLOURlovers)?page=1#comments

Thank you for the info! I completely missed this somehow. :)

eighteyed

Well, I think that badges have a problem. They are a picture, and a link combined. Just the kind of things we can't let spammers have anymore. I too hope the change isn't permanent, but instead a drastic measure. Draconian. The idea is to make spammers realize this place isn't productive for their leavings. It will take some time to get that word out. In the meantime, CL apparently didn't used to have that many features, and it did okay for years. I realize this was in a naive phase of internet where people didn't expect much. We can still make palettes and patterns. We are now in Austerity mode. Sharing them has become trickier, but I'm willing to look at browse palettes and browse patterns to find the good stuff.
Darius plans to replace the basic palette maker with one that lets you control widths, and photocopa is completely replacable with a color picker addon you can put in your browser. I use one called Rainbow, works for FireFox, learned about it years ago from ycc2106. Lets you pick colors from any browser page, without having to save the picture. Many similar other ones.

ColourARTZZ74

same problem here too

thesapphirerose

I can't even make a palette with the basic colour palette tool despite very clearly clicking the captcha now

aircube

kotomi-chan wrote:
I have Windows 8.1 and I use Google Chrome. When I try to choose the first color using the advanced color palette tool, it looks like only the first click works. After clicking once on that color tool on the right everything freezes... Yesterday everything was fine. Maybe I should wait a little longer, but I'm curious if I'm the only one with this problem...
me too, same mac

howla

thesapphirerose wrote:
I can't even make a palette with the basic colour palette tool despite very clearly clicking the captcha now

Basic palette maker isn't working for me, either, this AM. The button to submit the palette isn't registering as a link. Starting to get darned concerned. :(

thesapphirerose

howla wrote:
thesapphirerose wrote:

Basic palette maker isn't working for me, either, this AM. The button to submit the palette isn't registering as a link. Starting to get darned concerned. :(

That's basically what happened to me, even though I managed to make one palette. Good to know it's not just me then.

eighteyed

Basic is working for me.

thesapphirerose

eighteyed wrote:
Basic is working for me.

It worked for a little bit for me . . . until it started making me select tiles and then it went back to not registering as a link

YersiniaP

Huh, I have not been around for a few days and came here reading all those forum posts with a rising sense of dread and panic.

However, Photocopa works just fine for me, I just made a palette.
What the hell's going on?

mrandmuller

I can't speak for anyone else, but I can't make anything but patterns.
I guess I'll just take a break and hope it gets better eventually. :(

thesapphirerose

YersiniaP wrote:
Huh, I have not been around for a few days and came here reading all those forum posts with a rising sense of dread and panic.

However, Photocopa works just fine for me, I just made a palette.
What the hell's going on?

I can't speak for everyone but in short:

> Captcha has been implemented into this site which is great, but common speculation (which I agree with) is that it's been poorly implemented into the code that it's caused a number of bugs which you can see a lot of people are worried about. We can't really do anything but vent our worries here and pray it'll get fixed asap.
> A lot of people are concerned about how this will affect the future, along with talk about how staff may be getting rid of features such as photocopa and making palettes from images. I can't say anything about it since I'm not a staff member and I barely use those features anyway.

Best thing to do is if you find you can't make a palette or pattern, take a break for a while or search out for alternative sites with similar services even though it sucks because they might not have the same community that this site has.

Trixxie

I also cannot make palettes using Basic Palette Maker - but only if I use Google Chrome.
When I use Mac's Safari, the Basic Palette Maker works fine. I'm going to try Firefox and see if that works.

Trixxie

Okay, I just tried Firefox and the Basic Palette Maker works. But I am using a Mac - not sure how this is affecting Windows users. Give it a try and let us know if you've tried Firefox.

thesapphirerose

Trixxie wrote:
Okay, I just tried Firefox and the Basic Palette Maker works. But I am using a Mac - not sure how this is affecting Windows users. Give it a try and let us know if you've tried Firefox.

I'm using Opera on a Windows OS and I have been able to upload palettes at random intervals for some reason. Maybe they've only worked on making it properly compatible with Firefox for now? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trixxie

Okay, now Google Chrome seems to be working. Weird!!

eighteyed

Here's something odd:
When I have made a pattern in FireFox, on macOS, I can no longer toggle the pattern full view. I can on ipad, however.

Trixxie

I just tried Firefox 54.0 (64 bit) on MacOS10.12.5 and I am able to toggle the pattern full view. Do you have the latest version of Firefox?
eighteyed wrote:
Here's something odd:
When I have made a pattern in FireFox, on macOS, I can no longer toggle the pattern full view. I can on ipad, however.

eighteyed

I dunno. Away from the desktop for now, will look into it soon.
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

YersiniaP
YersiniaP
Trixxie
Trixxie
Trixxie
Posted 4 days ago
Just received this email from "trustee11"
LOL just noticed several of you posted this same SCAM note.
God bless you and thanks,
how are you? Happy to meet you. I got your contact via this site, I seriously have interest to invest on a profitable business in your country, the money I want to invest was acquired from my church member, and then I was his financial adviser. The amount to invest is ($14.5 million US dollars) presently, but I’m the present Catholic Church leader in my parish, if you will like to assist me as a partner, you must have the fear of God? kindly indicate your interest, and all other details relating to the funds will be revealed to you as we progress on. Confidentiality contact my direct e-mail address (@yahoo.com or @gmail.com) also indicate your direct telephone number, when replying this mail, God will guide us and with good health Amen,
God bless you and your family,
Rev, Chris

I deleted the email addresses he gave. Beware Colourlovers!
stekelzak
stekelzak
Posted 4 days ago
You are so right!

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Colors

//View More ›

Latest Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Patterns

//View More ›