Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Site Info»Bugs»Error 1015

Error 1015

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 13 of 13 Comments

YersiniaP

Is anybody else experiencing this:
For the past few days, CL has sometimes denied me access.
The page I get instead of CL reads:

"Error 1015
You are being rate limited
What happened?
The owner of this website (www.colourlovers.com) has banned you temporarily from accessing this website."

It usually takes a few minutes before the page works fine again.
(And a good deal of cursing and reloading...)

WTF is going on? This has happened on both work computers and at home, they all run Windows7 and IE11.

iluvhim637

Only issue i have had was i tried 3 times to use a palette (same one each time) on a pattern also same each time and it said to try that again. After 3rd try used different pallete same pattern with no issue. So tried original once more but no luck.

MimiDi

I have gotten this error message a few times as well. I'm kind of new to CL so I'm not really sure, but I think it is a part of an anti-spam measure. Unfortunately it kind of punishes you for sharing loves o(╥﹏╥)o ...
So lately I've been trying pace my "loves." For example, I will "love" 4 creations and then stop to post a few comments/palettes/patterns before I "love" anything else. I have been doing this for about a week now and it's working ❣

YersiniaP

MimiDi wrote:
I have gotten this error message a few times as well. I'm kind of new to CL so I'm not really sure, but I think it is a part of an anti-spam measure. Unfortunately it kind of punishes you for sharing loves o(╥﹏╥)o ...
So lately I've been trying pace my "loves." For example, I will "love" 4 creations and then stop to post a few comments/palettes/patterns before I "love" anything else. I have been doing this for about a week now and it's working ❣

That's ridiculous!
I mean, not your solution of course, but the fact that we seem to have to pace our loves!

I often go on loving-sprees, when I am not feeling particularly creative myself, or just don't have the time to relax and create.
It's one of the things about CL that I love, immersing myself into other people's creations!
And giving them their dues, of course.

YersiniaP

This is getting really tedious.
It's just happened again, and I was not serial-loving or anything. I had just made a few patterns and wanted to get back to the template I used.

We do need protection against spam, and badly, but if this is one of the implemented features, well, it's not working against spammer. They're thriving, and I am getting fed up with being rate limited.

MimiDi

YersiniaP wrote:
This is getting really tedious.
It's just happened again, and I was not serial-loving or anything. I had just made a few patterns and wanted to get back to the template I used.

We do need protection against spam, and badly, but if this is one of the implemented features, well, it's not working against spammer. They're thriving, and I am getting fed up with being rate limited.
I actually took a break from this site for the same reason. If I continue encountering these glitches and spammers I will probably leave and move on to another creative space. It's just not worth it for me.

Wordofmouse

I got a response from Darius about this over on Facebook I while back, he said it was designed to filter out spambots not COLOURlovers and was only supposed to kick in if the site was accessed by on that url at a rate of over 40 hits per second (which was supposed to mean machines not humans were being blocked)*. I was amazed my machine was even capable of 40 hits a second as I frequentgly struggle to get a connection lasting more than a few seconds unless I'm actually sitting on top of my router... It hasn' happened lately and I didn't realise the problem was quite so widespread. Not sure he realise...I'll see if I can get this raised again.

*Not sure of hus exact figs or wording but thats the basic gist

YersiniaP

Wordofmouse wrote:
I got a response from Darius about this over on Facebook I while back, he said it was designed to filter out spambots not COLOURlovers and was only supposed to kick in if the site was accessed by on that url at a rate of over 40 hits per second (which was supposed to mean machines not humans were being blocked)*. I was amazed my machine was even capable of 40 hits a second as I frequentgly struggle to get a connection lasting more than a few seconds unless I'm actually sitting on top of my router... It hasn' happened lately and I didn't realise the problem was quite so widespread. Not sure he realise...I'll see if I can get this raised again.

Yes I suspected as much. Thank you for confirming this! :)

But like I said, it does not seem to help much against spammers, and I have gotten blocked again twice today, while just using CL normally.
Taking a wild guess here, but I don't think that filter is working properly... :P

YersiniaP

And it's still happening to me...
I'm still not a spammer.

suzemagoo

Wordofmouse wrote:

It happens frequently to me. It makes it necessary to reboot my computer to get past it or wait it out. Definitely a turn off. Let's raise it again, please?

electricfizz

It happens to me quite frequently, but colourlovers isn't the only site to have given me such an issue. Heck, I've had the same thing happen to me with Google (which is when they throw me a CAPTCHA to continue—would love to see this here). I can't help it if my connection is fast (don't have cable, so have better internet) and I work fast-paced. I work in bursts. It is irritating to be put on hold when I'm struck with inspiration and wanting to love/fav things.

tiki

This happened to me for the first time yesterday. I just came back to CL and am getting blocked :(

YersiniaP

I'm also having this issue again, once last night and once today, after not encountering it for a few weeks. (Then again, I have not been on much over the past weeks, among other things because of this!)

Anyway, it is really frustrating, but with the mods gone AWOL... :(

tiki wrote:
This happened to me for the first time yesterday. I just came back to CL and am getting blocked :(
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

oneflowerchild
oneflowerchild
Posted 4 hours ago
I too hope it gets fixed soon. I can only assume there is not much monitoring going on here at this site if any at all.
thethingsabove
thethingsabove
Posted 8 hours ago
Too_Gloomy_to_Think
------------------------------------------------------------------
3 Above + 2 Below

Doctor_Poison

=

Poisoned_Thoughts
howla
howla
Posted 8 hours ago