Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Site Info»Bugs»'Loved' palettes?!

'Loved' palettes?!

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 20 of 23 Comments

Rosalieart

what happened to beign able to see all the palettes we've 'loved'?! I use that as bookmarks, but i can't find any way to get to the ones i've favorited and I really am upset about this; I use them to design forum layouts and things! How do i get to them?!

Sylke

Hi Rosalieart

Try out searching.
- Go to Search Palettes or Search Colors at the top.
- Enter your name into the Lover field.
- Tick the Following box.
- For best results change the Sort order to Date Added and Desc.

That should do it at least for stuff you 'follow'. I don't think you can find things you've 'loved' only - but that was the same with the old rating system.
Just keep in mind with this search you will also find your own creations, don't let that confuse you.

Hope this helps!

Rosalieart

:( i don't follow palettes though; the old layout had the option to see a user's loved palettes right off the profile. DX

Sylke

Hi Rosalieart,

v3 had the favorites list, not a list for 'loved' palettes. The v4 love thing replaced the v3 ratings system which was anonymous.

For the v3 favorite list to work you had to favorite a palette/pattern/colour on its page. The Favorite feature is now called 'Follow', so if you have faved something in the past it should now show up under followed palettes using the search I described above. Needless to say if you don't 'follow' anything now, there won't be anything added to your list of of followed palettes.

As far as I know the term 'follow' will be replaced with 'favorite' again at some point as most people didn't like the new terminology.

ruhue

So there's no simple way to see what you have followed? You have to go through a search every single time you want to see you favorites/follows? Is that correct?

Sylke

ruhue wrote:
So there's no simple way to see what you have followed? You have to go through a search every single time you want to see you favorites/follows? Is that correct?

That is correct.

Maybe just create a link on your profile to your palette search and call it Favourites if you fancy. :))
I'm not sure if you can leave the end date out (I tried a search without the underlined part and it didn't throw an error) - otherwise just set it to something like two years in the future (and if you are still here at that time don't forget to change it again)...
http://www.colourlovers.com/palettes/search?sortCol=date&sortBy=desc&publishedEndDate=03%2F29%2F2010&publishedBeginDate=12%2F27%2F2004&query=&f=1&userName=ruhue&hex=&hueOptions[0]=&hueOptions[1]=&hueOptions[2]=&x=65&y=13

http://www.colourlovers.com/palettes/search?f=1&userName=ruhue
Cleaned it up for you :-) - PureForm

Tiffer777

I have spent all day here trying to figure out how to find all of my old favorites. Why would such a great feature be so buried?
Not to mention I had an RSS feed of my "favorite" palettes and that is gone, replaced with only the palettes I have made myself.
I have loved COLOURLOVERS for many years and I have raved about it, but I really don't care for this new format. The old format was so much more inviting and friendly, and I prefered the darker colors in the background, as opposed to the white. This new layout is very sterile and much less inviting. There is no "eye candy" feeling like before..... Sorry, that's just my humble opinion...

kjcreations

When I click on a name from my list of faves I get to a totally different palette/color?? I tried your search option above, which works, - so why have a list of faves in my profile if it doesn't work?

What is the difference between 'loving', 'favorites' & 'following'? The new terminology is confusing me.

Also, I noticed that when i click on the list of other people's palettes that use my colors in them it takes me to a palette, but my color does not appear in it!? WEIRD ...

Is it because I'm using a Mac?

I liked the old format where i could actually see all my fave palettes, colors etc. Now there is just a list of names :(

I liked the old fatter palettes rather than a skinny bar. I totally agree with Tiffer777. I liked the black background too. Maybe we can get the option to use a black or white one?

thanx
Team

PureForm

kjcreations wrote:
When I click on a name from my list of faves I get to a totally different palette/color?? I tried your search option above, which works, - so why have a list of faves in my profile if it doesn't work?

Can you provide me with a link to this page?

mberasategi

I just don't seem to get it. I still can follow OR love palettes, however my old loved palettes are nowhere to be found...

reverbe

There are two big drawbacks to the current way of finding favourites, and I'm pointing them out with the hopes that it will be helpful for the fixeruppers:

1) The automatic following/favouriting of our own palettes, patterns & colours. I wish there was a way to opt out of this. I think I know why you set it up this way (so we can get automatic updates on our own stuff, but I truly believed love notes worked so much more efficiently in this regard). I just did a search for followed/favourited colours and 19 out of the first 20 hits were my own.

2) There's no option to search by "date followed", only "date added". So, for example, if right now I follow/favourite a palette made two years ago, I have to search through a heck of a lot of pages to actually find it.

It just makes little things much more difficult. I used to like making palettes out of the last five colours I favourited, but that's nigh impossible now. I'm assuming a return of a followed/favourited button next to the "top" and "new" buttons by our palettes, patterns and colours is in the works . . . . ?

kjcreations:

What is the difference between 'loving', 'favorites' & 'following'? The new terminology is confusing me.

It is a bit confusing. Loving is merely showing someone you like their palette/pattern/colour. You "love" something when you hit the button that says "love this" next to the palette/pattern/colour.

"Favouriting" doesn't actually exist in the new version. Now it's called "following" but it's essentially the same thing. A lot of people still use the term "favourite" because it's familiar to them and some feel it more accurately represents the process of what they now call "following".

You follow a palette/pattern/colour when you hit the "Follow this Palette/Pattern/Colour" button on the right side of the screen. When you follow something, you are given automatic updates every time someone interacts with that particular palette/pattern/colour.

Also, I noticed that when i click on the list of other people's palettes that use my colors in them it takes me to a palette, but my color does not appear in it!? WEIRD ...

That has nothing to do with new versions, but with people editing their palette after they publish it. This happens to me quite regularly . . . . most of the time it looks like people tweak their colours in order to stumble on a new colour they can title themselves or put their name on.

deadwisdom

This isn't a "bit" confusing. This is a major UX fail.

Your top bar is huge. Get rid of the Heart icon, that looks like a button for my loved things! Replace it with a Heart Icon that has a list of all my loved things! Add a link to all the things I have made. Add a link to the recently seen things.

This isn't ambiguous, it is definitely what you need to do to make your interface *usable*. If you don't get this done soon, I will copy your website and make it better.

leahmariephoto

I just started using Simplybox to track palettes that I like. It's pretty sad that I have to use another program to do that.....

artspectrum

I thought that you can see all your followed palettes by going to "Account" and clicking on the tab "Follows". I follow everything I love, that's just what I do, but by going there anything you follow can be seen there, can't it??

Unniloct

This is a major disappointment. I just spent ~15 minutes browsing through palettes, and loving the ones that I found visually interesting. My plan was to then go back through all the ones I'd loved and look for inspiration for my next project. That you can't do this is kind of ridiculous.

remotelocal

i agree, i've been away for a while, when mad on the love button thinking they'd be some sort of record of my clicks, but nothing. i've gone back through and followed a stack of palettes and i can't find anywhere other than many layers deep a list of 'follows' from whihc i can select to view one at a time. whatever happened to a visual list of palettes? wouldn't that make sense?

remotelocal

and sadly i got the colorschemer app for iphone thinking i'd be able to have all these palettes in my pocket, but unfortunately it seems all that app does is store the ones you yourself create. so unless i ripped off everyone elses palettes that i wanted on hand, the app is all but useless. yaaaaaaaaaaaargh... harumph...
Team

PureForm

I'm fixing many of these issues right now, sit tight :-)

deliquescence

I would really like an easy way to access the palettes that I have loved/favourited/followed again. I refer to these palettes often to create colour schemes for my own projects. I don't get why this key feature has now become so difficult to access. Overall, I find the website's interface somewhat less intuitive than before.

I agree with Tiffer777, I miss the old CL. Why "fix" something that worked so well?

graphicidentity

Tiffer777 wrote:
I have spent all day here trying to figure out how to find all of my old favorites. Why would such a great feature be so buried?
Not to mention I had an RSS feed of my "favorite" palettes and that is gone, replaced with only the palettes I have made myself.
I have loved COLOURLOVERS for many years and I have raved about it, but I really don't care for this new format. The old format was so much more inviting and friendly, and I prefered the darker colors in the background, as opposed to the white. This new layout is very sterile and much less inviting. There is no "eye candy" feeling like before..... Sorry, that's just my humble opinion...

I have faved so many palettes too and I thought what I did was similar like bookmark or something. But then now just a short grid of palettes on my profile page.
I think it means that I wasted time browsing many palettes here :(
Couldn't use them instantly, when I need them.
>.<
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

EmilyR
EmilyR
Posted 2 hours ago
Ur_a_Lesson_Learned
+
Butterfly_Nebula
=
Rocket_Science
eighteyed
eighteyed
Posted 3 hours ago