Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Color Talk»Advice & Critiques»Name That Color! Help wanted

Name That Color! Help wanted

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 13 of 13 Comments

BznzClr

I have a store for tech accessories and many of the products I sell have many different colors. I started going through them with my limited color knowledge labeling them light pink, dark pink...sea green?...and realized haha that's definately not the right labeling... I find allot of brands make up their own fancy color names...I just want the correct color name labeled on each product...So what am I gonna do?

If I take pictures of the colors, Is there a pro out there that would be able to name each color properly...I know it'll be quicker for someone with knowledge then me to do it...Maybe we could arrange some compensation for the help... Please msg me here if your interested

BznzClr

I'm thinking of someone that can name the color and then also look up the hex code for that color

LadyLiberatore

Golden Paint names their colours based more on the accuracy of the colour than fun pretty names. You might try their website and peruse their colour selection.

dalia_48

BznzClr wrote:
I'm thinking of someone that can name the color and then also look up the hex code for that color
Of course, I would be pleased to help you, I love designing colors and abstract paintings, it will be for me a pleasure, too, I do combinations of clothing designs

omentum

I thought I'd mention this just for fun. Who knows.. sometimes it produces a gem or two!

Random Color Name Generator

dalia_48

omentum wrote:
I thought I'd mention this just for fun. Who knows.. sometimes it produces a gem or two!

Random Color Name Generator
I do it for fun, but your praise said who knous... jejejeje

dalia_48

BznzClr wrote:
I have a store for tech accessories and many of the products I sell have many different colors. I started going through them with my limited color knowledge labeling them light pink, dark pink...sea green?...and realized haha that's definately not the right labeling... I find allot of brands make up their own fancy color names...I just want the correct color name labeled on each product...So what am I gonna do?

If I take pictures of the colors, Is there a pro out there that would be able to name each color properly...I know it'll be quicker for someone with knowledge then me to do it...Maybe we could arrange some compensation for the help... Please msg me here if your interested

Sorry, I donĀ“t understand the first day that the see it. My msn is eslahoradelasbrujas@hotmail.com will be a pleasure to help you.

maryjd

This should be fairly helpful...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_colors

Although I still think some of Wikipedia's colour names are made up and ridiculous. Big dip o' ruby? Really? Lol but if you want to find the more common and traditional colour names, you can start with looking up any colour like "blue" in Wikipedia and it will also list, and in some cases, give links to articles about various shades of blue. It then becomes somewhat subjective decision as to whether a particular swath of paint is really cereulean or prussian blue, for example. There are so many possible colour variations that not every one of them has an agreed on and precisely defined name. That is why we hear so many goofy invented ones.

maryjd

PS in my above post, I didn't mean to say that the names colour lovers give their colours are goofy. That is obviously different because they're not going to show up in Wikipedia or anything! It's not the same thing as Martha Stewart calling half of all possible shades of pink "cornicopia".

dalia_48

Goodnight, but really that is what your I want to say those words? I do not understand much, my names of colors you like or that you don't like a greeting. thanks

dalia_48

BznzClr wrote:

well, I think that I can help you, as it would send me the colors?

gillydesign

I
.BznzClr wrote:

gillydesign

Are you still looking for someone to help you with the naming of colours.?
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

DarkBlueMe4Ever
DarkBlueMe4Ever
Posted 1 hour ago
My_Intentions

+

Textured_Moonlight

=

Textured_Intentions

Textured_Intentions
riyamain
riyamain