Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Color Talk»Advice & Critiques»Please help me make my hideous kitchen look a little better!

Please help me make my hideous kitchen look a little better!

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 3 of 3 Comments
My kitchen's color scheme was horrid when we bought the house, but I didn't realize it would be so expensive to remodel the whole thing. So unfortunately, we have to keep the dark blue counter tops and the farm-house wood panel walls. We are only going to paint the cabinets and choose new tile for the floors, but I need help picking out colors that complement the hideousness that is already there. We also want to make the room look bigger, as it is not a large space.

Here are the colors that we are not changing. The walls are very textured wood panels that have both grey and light brown tones, which are:

over-processed

fair_trade

This is the color of the counter tops, which I wish we could change but it's just too expensive!
jfk_assassin_date

We're looking for 2 colors, one for the cabinets and one for the tile floor. Thanks in advance for your help!
I always like the look of white cabinets for something like a blue countertop. It always looks fresh. Regarding tiles, well I don't know what your budget or preferences are like... but I think the slate look would be really nice. It has blue but it also has a nice orangey brown to it too. But that may be too expensive. Lowes.com has it for $2.09/sq ft. Homedepot.com has a pretty tile- Marazzi Montagna Belluno- that is variegated browns for $1.75/sq ft. On flooranddecoroutlets.com they have a porcelain tile called Casablanca nights which is dark brown and black . That one is a $1.39/sq ft. But I think the look of laminate wood flooring can be really pretty. This website has a cherry 3 Strip Laminate that is $0.59/sq ft. It is a nice golden color. I don't know if this helps at all. But here you go. I created some palettes and tagged them Kitchen Blues.
These are really great, thank you! The 3rd palette seems to fit well with the way my kitchen is. I appreciate all of your help, thanks!!!
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

Skiffy
Skiffy
46 minutes ago
So... is this site failing? There's so many things "the sphinx server has broken" Or is all this just "normal"?
paulsky555
paulsky555
3 hours ago
2024 UPDATE GOOD SELLER
CVV - FULLZ INFO - DL PHOTO - FULLZ DEAD
HOT AND FRESH UPDATE
Telegram: @Paulsky555
paulsky555
paulsky555
3 hours ago
2024 UPDATE GOOD SELLER
HOT AND FRESH UPDATE
paulsky555
paulsky555
3 hours ago
2024 UPDATE GOOD SELLER
HOT AND FRESH UPDATE
paulsky555
paulsky555
3 hours ago
2024 UPDATE GOOD SELLER
HOT AND FRESH UPDATE

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Colors

//View More ›

Latest Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Patterns

//View More ›
X

Terms Updated

We’d like to inform you that we have updated our Terms of Use. The most substantive changes are:

This platform was acquired by a joint venture in Israel.
changes have been made to the relevant jurisdiction for disputes which may arise out of your use of the platform.
Changes made to the monetization of users’ creations and the ability to opt out from your account settings.

Please view the revised Terms here. If you don’t mind anything there, then you don’t need to do anything. Your continued use of the platform will constitute your acceptance of the latest version of the Terms. If you disagree with anything there, you can terminate your account within seven days from today.