Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Color Talk»Advice & Critiques»editing templates

editing templates

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 3 of 3 Comments

sophiarosehips

Hi,
Is it possible to edit a template once it's saved? I've created a couple of templates that I like but that have some errors I'd like to correct.
Thanks for any replies.

praxicalidocious

Short answer: not directly.

The only way to edit templates with seamless lite is if you get in the habit of saving all your layers as a 'shape' before you publish. It's a little icon that IIRC looks like a pentagon with a plus sign. Then you can open that shape in a new template, size it, alter it and republish the updated version.

It's a little easier if you purchase Seamless Studio - you can simply download your original template .ssf from the site, open it, edit it and re upload it.

Unfortunately, that means you can't change your existing templates unless you made a shape backup. ...Trust me, I feel your pain. :)
Team

mollybermea

I have been away for a little while... but just to chime in here, there is a post on using the shapes tool here in the blog that I did when we first launched it - there is a helpful video on using it: http://www.colourlovers.com/web/blog/2011/09/21/seamless-lite-new-features-custom-shapes-shape-galleries-how-to

Hope that helps Prax also had a great answer. :) m.
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

Seahorse Girl
Seahorse Girl
Posted 3 hours ago
Frozen★
+
pool_party
=
Frozen_Seahorse
DarkBlueMe4Ever
DarkBlueMe4Ever
Posted 3 hours ago