Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Color Talk»Showcase Your Work»The Alphabet Palette Game! ❤

The Alphabet Palette Game! ❤

Create New Topic
Showing 41 - 60 of 1,992 Comments

Luna Rosa

I'm re-posting the new badge here but also, since we'll be starting our second go around the alphabet soon (and wasn't that quick!) I thought it might be helpful to list all the words so we don't accidentally use them again:

* Copy And Paste Badge Code

Apple
Boat
Chimp
Dancer
Enter
Flighty
Gulp
History
Indigo
Joy
Key
Lonely
Moon
Night
Owl
Precious
Quilt
Rose
Sweet
Travel
Universe
Velvet
Wacky
Xylophone
Yearning
Zebra

*We're up to Zebra, the person who makes that has to select a new A word.

p.s. I'm hoping these things are helpful but if anyone feels like I'm taking over or generally finds it annoying then please don't hesitate to let me know.

MiyuriScarlet

I agree, for X and Q, it would be nice if the word only have to contain the letter (in case we're running out of X and Q words, or can't remember any)... What about Z, anyway? Also, probably it would be nice to check the availability of colors with names that contain the word you want to challenge people with... Just in case there's no color with that word in the name. What do you think?

A_Zeal_of_Zebras

Next word: Aster

eighteyed

How about this?
If there are only 2 pages or less for any word, only one color word has to be in the palette, and the rest of the colors can relate to that word. Because it's not just alphabet frequency we are dealing with, but whether people named enough colors.

Or... just a thought. I don't always name my colors right away, maybe others don't either ... So people could name their unnamed colors to use in the palette. I have a ton of colors just named X, lol... that would fix the X problem! If you search for "x" with the quotation marks, using my lover name, you'll see them.

And I totally agree, checking your challenge word would only be fair to the next player. Although it would be a hoot to start a game with dirty tricks ^_^

grail143@gmail.com

I don't think q falls in the same category as x. I just searched queen, question, quirky, quit, quiet and quarter and all of them have plenty of pages. Even quiz and queasy have more than 2 pages. . .

I always check to see if the word I want to use has plenty of colors. .. I think that is a good idea.

aster

next word: bold

eighteyed

Well, I offer here and now, an unnamed color to anyone who falls short in this game. Just message me about it. Here they are.

Bold_Center

Next: Cat

o2bqueen

Drizzly_Day_Blues

Next word: Embrace

Suzana_K

Luna Rosa wrote:
I'm re-posting the new badge here but also, since we'll be starting our second go around the alphabet soon (and wasn't that quick!) I thought it might be helpful to list all the words so we don't accidentally use them again:

* Copy And Paste Badge Code

Apple
Boat
Chimp
Dancer
Enter
Flighty
Gulp
History
Indigo
Joy
Key
Lonely
Moon
Night
Owl
Precious
Quilt
Rose
Sweet
Travel
Universe
Velvet
Wacky
Xylophone
Yearning
Zebra

*We're up to Zebra, the person who makes that has to select a new A word.

p.s. I'm hoping these things are helpful but if anyone feels like I'm taking over or generally finds it annoying then please don't hesitate to let me know.

Thanks for the Badge, Luna! It's beautiful!

shahrizat77

Platonic_Embrace*

Next word: Freedom

eighteyed

Hashateria
Next Word:
Incident

Luna Rosa

Well, I offer here and now, an unnamed color to anyone who falls short in this game. Just message me about it. Here they are.

That's a very generous offer eighteyed, thankyou very much. I think with tricky letters/words we should just be a bit flexible and forgive people if they need to use other words relating to the topic or even if they need to create a colour of their own. It is a game after all and I think the most important elements are fun and creativity. And yes, checking the colour availability before you suggest a word is essential.

eighteyed

OrigamiMei wrote:
Can I reserve Jam?

I think so... but you have to give K.

OrigamiMei

Ok, I think I can do this. *cracks fingers* If I do something wrong, go gentle on me!

We_Be_Jammin

Next word: kite

TeamPeetaPresident

nope! you nailed it! ❤
OrigamiMei wrote:
Ok, I think I can do this. *cracks fingers* If I do something wrong, go gentle on me!

We_Be_Jammin

OrigamiMei

Woot woot! *high five*

TeamPeetaPresident wrote:
nope! you nailed it! ❤
OrigamiMei wrote:

We_Be_Jammin

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

actressrobert
actressrobert
Posted 4 hours ago
Hot_Hot_Nights
+
Fairy_Garden
=
Hot_Hot_Fairies
Fairy_Treetops
Dancing_Dust
AdvisorAnne
AdvisorAnne
Posted 5 hours ago
Just_Us

Night enfolds us
Us and them
Them (you know who)
Who? Mwah?
Mwah baby!

Next word: baby
M00nSlippers
M00nSlippers
Posted 5 hours ago
I went ahead and did Seahorse Girl's color.

Hot_Hot_Nights
All-Natural_Bee_Spit
M00nSlippers
M00nSlippers
Posted 5 hours ago
Smarter_Than_You_Too
M00nSlippers
M00nSlippers
Posted 6 hours ago
Frosted_Ocean
3 Above, 2 Below
Manicure_Check