Recent Discussion Comments

Trixxie
Trixxie
Posted
Hey Darius - thanks for all the work to get the spammers under control. So happy to hear there are things in the works! I am enjoying working in new ways on CL while things are being implemented.

Wildfire2013 - No one can post any badges or links at this time. Just comments (text). That is part of the process of getting rid of the spammers. We all miss seeing the
badges. But they'll be back at some point! :)
OrigamiMei
OrigamiMei
Posted
This made my day. Thank you so much, Bubs! ♡♡♡♡♡

COLOURlover wrote:
Hello Friends. Yes, the captcha for comments and disabling of links is frustrating... but we're fighting an unpleasant fight against spammers that have had free reign to spam the crap out of this site the past couple years... also who likely shut it down for a couple weeks with a DDoS attack. We've implemented some heavy handed things like the captcha to combat the spam... this isn't a long term solution, but thoughtful solutions that allow creative good intentioned folks to continue sharing the love, while preventing spammers who have a ton of resources, is not quick. It was only a several months ago that I took the site back from Autodesk and I'm working with a team that will have the resources to start making improvements and helping this awesome group of people get back to the community they love.
huege
huege
Posted
Thank you for the update Darius.

I find the captcha thing slightly frustrating (mostly because I am part robot on my mother's side), but I'm delighted with the reduction in spam.

Now if you could just make a captcha algorithm that uses Colourlover patterns instead of photos, we'd be all set....click all the patterns with butterflies, click the florals, etc :)
YersiniaP
YersiniaP
Posted 2 hours ago
New user, MelVaglibielo, left a very rude comment on someone's palette:
http:// w w w.colourlovers.com/palette/4509745/Pinks#comments (without the spaces)
YersiniaP
YersiniaP
Posted 2 hours ago
Thank you very much for commenting here.
It really means a lot.
Especially since I know you have other things on your mind at the moment.

No matter what problems CL is going through, I am happy to stick with it and bear a few temporary unpleasantnesses. CL is definitely worth it.
But getting a heads-up like this is important to me because it lets me know the people in charge do care, about us and the site.

So, as I said, thank you, with my sincerest gratitude.

COLOURlover wrote:
Hello Friends. Yes, the captcha for comments and disabling of links is frustrating... but we're fighting an unpleasant fight against spammers that have had free reign to spam the crap out of this site the past couple years... also who likely shut it down for a couple weeks with a DDoS attack. We've implemented some heavy handed things like the captcha to combat the spam... this isn't a long term solution, but thoughtful solutions that allow creative good intentioned folks to continue sharing the love, while preventing spammers who have a ton of resources, is not quick. It was only a several months ago that I took the site back from Autodesk and I'm working with a team that will have the resources to start making improvements and helping this awesome group of people get back to the community they love.

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Colors

//View More ›

Latest Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Patterns

//View More ›