Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Color Talk»Showcase Your Work»PALETTE BLEND GAME

PALETTE BLEND GAME

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 20 of 2,920 Comments

bezzalopoly

This game is based on my palette blend thread.

You take ANY PALETTE from the person who posted last (don't forget to give love).
Then you take one of your own palettes that looks similar in mood, brightness, hue, whatever...

Next you take the two palettes and MIX THEM TOGETHER to make a new palette! You do this colour by colour, keeping the original order.

So the first colour of your palette and the first colour of the other person's palette get mixed together to become the first colour of your new palette.
Do the same with the second colours, third colours, and so on...

Here are some sites that are good for mixing colours with hex codes:
http://www.colorhexa.com/
http://meyerweb.com/eric/tools/color-blend/
http://pourpre.com/chromograf/en/

Thanks goes to the lovely Luna Rosa for making this badge for us!

* Copy and paste badge code

bezzalopoly

So I'll start with an example.

The_Eleventh_Doctor
+
Salty_Sunrise
=
Eleven_Sunrises

EmilyR

Churning_Out_Cream
+
Wingtip
=
Creamy_Wings

This is really fun, what a great idea!

Shyster☆

I think this kind of thing is more fun to do with palettes that aren't so similar, though...
candy_necklace
Sweet_Treat
well_I_tried.

edit: oh whoops, I guess I was a little late :'> sorry about that.

EmilyR

That's okay, I'll do one for both of you. c:
Under_Your_Skin
+
Pearls
=
Pearls_on_Your_Skin

Jimmy_T.
+
Simple_is_Best
=
Jimmys_Best

bezzalopoly

You're quite right, it's really fun to see what the difference makes!

Shyster☆ wrote:
I think this kind of thing is more fun to do with palettes that aren't so similar, though...

Here's my entry:
A_Bell_Jar_Life_1
+
Sir_Vienna
=
Viennese_Bell_Jar

kiliasty

Smile_Symea

+

cranberry_cocktail

=

oh_dear....
Well this is interesting...

wondercake

This is such a fun idea!
Walk_Heather
+
Sun_Blinded_Magic
=
Walk_In_The_Sun

bezzalopoly

I hope everyone has been giving love to these wonderful creations~

Weird_Addiction
+
Top_of_the_World
=
High-Class_Addiction
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

DarkBlueMe4Ever
DarkBlueMe4Ever
Posted 2 hours ago
Coast_To_Coast

+

Bird_Art

=

Coasting_Bird
Just Perfect Color
Just Perfect Color
Posted 2 hours ago
"Directly copying another designer’s color scheme might be considered lazy. In some cases, it can even be considered copyright infringement. A recent case involving Seven Towns, the makers of Rubik’s Cube, versus Dayan, demonstrates that while color schemes themselves can’t be copyrighted, the order and placement of colors can be. It’s why Dayan replaced its orange with purple."

On your other concern, simply attributing something to the creator does not give you the right to use it. All rights accrue to the creator (except in work-for-hire situations). It sounds like you got permission so the creator extended you some rights to use the works. You should be fine. It is always a good idea to get rights assignments in writing. This is especially true if you did plan to use works for your own commercial gain. Doing so avoids "he said, she said" conflicts later on.

The creator may of course request payment or royalties for use of the work. The rights to use it are only as broad as the creator releases to you---first edition, use on Tmblr, unlimited rights, etc. The creator may insist on a nearby credit or attribution. Again, I don't see you in trouble give the way you have approached this.
Just Perfect Color
Just Perfect Color
Posted 3 hours ago
"Directly copying another designer’s color scheme might be considered lazy. In some cases, it can even be considered copyright infringement. A recent case involving Seven Towns, the makers of Rubik’s Cube, versus Dayan, demonstrates that while color schemes themselves can’t be copyrighted, the order and placement of colors can be. It’s why Dayan replaced its orange with purple."

Most of the examples shown so far show colors in a different order than the original palette. While the original palette could be protected, and the creator might have a claim of infringement if it were copied exactly, once the colors are rearranged it is considered a different palette. There is no violation, at least legally. Sadly this is true no matter how obvious the similarities.
DarkBlueMe4Ever
DarkBlueMe4Ever
Posted 3 hours ago
Arctic_Mouse
DarkBlueMe4Ever
DarkBlueMe4Ever
Posted 4 hours ago
Shedding_Leaves

+

Opal_Necklace

=

Opal_Leaves