Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Color Talk»Showcase Your Work»Random Color Name Generator

Random Color Name Generator

Create New Topic
Showing 781 - 800 of 840 Comments
Breast_Cancer_Mounth
Fight_The_Cancer
Nosy_Neighbors
Indigo_Poodle
Love_Takes_Time
Money_Fraud
Countryside_Pool
2 from me:
Seaweed_Pursuit
Wheatgrass_Of_Life
Ill_Tip_My_Hat
2 new ones from yours truly:
Moonglow_Gumdrop
My_Own_Solitude
From this palette:
Fleece_Solace_(Hex)
2 from me (the second one is tweaked for comedic effect):
You_Are_Boticelli
I_Am_Delusional
GiveItTheGreenLight
2 blues from me :
Nightglow_Fluff
Kimono_Vs._Curaçao
Beach_Glass
Rorschach_Queendom
undersea_futurism
Steve and all the other forum-ites,
Today I found one of my forum color creations was picked as The Daily Random Color Challenge, so I'm posting this as a big thank you to you all:
RC1851

This is part of the Daily Random Colour Challenge

Tuesday, October 13th 2015, the colour is:

Moonglow Gumdrop #AEE89C

Moonglow_Gumdrop

PS: Items using past IFRC colours can be submitted to the ANYRC page

Enjoy,
-John Schindler
johnnycakes wrote:
Steve and all the other forum-ites,
Today I found one of my forum color creations was picked as The Daily Random Color Challenge, so I'm posting this as a big thank you to you all

That's awesome!! Thanks for sharing. It's a really pretty color, and I love the name. Congrats!
Run_For_The_Hills
Dance_Or_Die
Supernova
Wrapped_Around
Wild_Plumberry
Haven't been here in a long, long while. Here's one from me. :)
Daydream_Grey
Creative output is needed in many ways when it comes to color names.
Tell me what you think?
Mix-a-lot wrote:
Tell me what you think?

Hi there,
Honestly, I'm going to level with ya. When you're on here as long as a lot of us, coming up with names can get repetitive. That's one of the reasons a lot of us use the generator, when we look for a new name. Right now, I have a few hundred colors without names, sadly. But when I first joined? I always took time to think of names for everything. But being creative is definitely not a bad route to go.
Mix-a-lot wrote:
Tell me what you think?

Hmmm... I don't quite understand what you're asking. The Random Color Name Generator is just one of many ways to come up with color names. It's fun (sometimes funny) and can help get someone past a creative block.

The way I use it is to first generate a color name that inspires me, and then to create a color to go with that name. That still takes some creative thinking. The relation between words and colors can sometimes have hidden layers of meaning. It can be surreal or thoughtful or beautiful or crass or just plain funny. Or stupid. Sometimes I get into a mood where I want to create the stupidest possible color names on ColourLovers.

In any case, I definitely think that it can encourage people to think outside the box when it comes to naming colors. I mean, really, what's so interesting or creative about calling a color DAECF1 or "Blue Sky"?

Anyway, for those who are interested, I've posted an update to the Generator. It's been a few months since I've posted an update, so several hundred new words have been added. Enjoy!!

As always, thanks to all for sharing your thoughts and creations in this forum. ColourLove to you all! xoxo

- Steve
I understand. Just to level with you as well that having other tools like a word
generator can be cool. Making up brand new words is just an idea to use.
civilian_shitcake victorias_predator tiny_custard valentine_crime urbane_asphyxia

this was fun!
infectious wrote:

this was fun!

Glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for posting your creations. I had a good laugh at a couple of them. :-D
two more because i just laughed a little too hard at these, even though i'm not sure why they're so funny LOL

complex_bologna
saltwater_buffet
Blessed_Biohazard
Fairmont_Honeydrip
Emerald_Oxymoron
Hamster_BBQ
Unisex_Coffee
Crossbred_Icicle
Sea-grey_Chiffon
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

paulsky555
paulsky555
4 hours ago
New Update Info Fullz 2024 Social Security Number ( SSN ) Driver License ( DL ), Scan Scan front and back DL SSN
Fullz info SSN DOB DL with hight Credit Score
New Method 2024 for withdraw Money, Make Money
Sell info fullz SSN + Dob + DL – Sell Info Fullz Dead UK USA- Sell Cvv
Sell Info Fullz Company USA Uk Ca Fresh 2024
Telegram: Paulsky555
paulsky555
paulsky555
4 hours ago
New Update Info Fullz 2024 Social Security Number ( SSN ) Driver License ( DL ), Scan Scan front and back DL SSN
paulsky555
paulsky555
4 hours ago
paulsky555
paulsky555
4 hours ago
paulsky555
paulsky555
19 hours ago
UPDATE Bulk Fullz info USA-UK-CA-GER
Best Money Transfer Cashapp-Paypal

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Colors

//View More ›

Latest Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Patterns

//View More ›
X

Terms Updated

We’d like to inform you that we have updated our Terms of Use. The most substantive changes are:

This platform was acquired by a joint venture in Israel.
changes have been made to the relevant jurisdiction for disputes which may arise out of your use of the platform.
Changes made to the monetization of users’ creations and the ability to opt out from your account settings.

Please view the revised Terms here. If you don’t mind anything there, then you don’t need to do anything. Your continued use of the platform will constitute your acceptance of the latest version of the Terms. If you disagree with anything there, you can terminate your account within seven days from today.