Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Color Talk»Showcase Your Work»Pattrn: access all CL patterns on Android

Pattrn: access all CL patterns on Android

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 2 of 2 Comments

lucasr

Hi all, I've just released the first beta of Pattrn, an app that gives you easy access to all patterns created by the COLOURlovers community. You can browse through the latest and more popular patterns and search by keyword or color. You can also keep a list of your favorite patterns and use them as your Android wallpaper.

Pattrn is free and has no ads. I created it just for fun. Feedback is welcome. Install it from Google Play:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.lucasr.pattrn

I hope you enjoy!

lucasr

Slippers wrote:
This is awesome! Thank you

Glad you like it! Feedback is always welcome btw :-)
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

letitgo7
letitgo7
Posted 5 hours ago
And had a wonderful time. Wendy and her husband took me there, hey have such a nice place and her husband Bill is really nice too. I've been so depressed so it it was very therapeutic to go!
eighteyed
eighteyed
Posted 9 hours ago
1. I don't care whether you support my campaign or not. Besides, thoughts of witch hunts, branding irons, welts, etc. are perverse, those pictures all come from you, I deny them. My ultimate rebuke, after a lot of explaining, and encouragement, tells someone I can't respect their actions because they violate my code of honor, after which I ignore them until they shape up. I don't go any further. So it's best you don't participate in the proposed action. If that is the way you think, I certainly would never hire you for faculty in a private school.

2. Damages in euros etc. I am not discussing. I'm talking about Art. Best practices, and originality. If someone doesn't care about those after mild and mannered discussion, when you confront them with date stamped proof of their actions, then I cannot further respect them as an artist. I'm free to speak my mind about that. That doesn't mean I want them to quit the site or go jump off a bridge, certainly not hang them. That just means I know how they behave going forward, and I'm free to form an opinion about them. People can form whatever opinion about me in return, based on my art, actions and deeds. I've worked hard to become an asset to this site. I like to think I have earned respect because of it. But I never count on it.

3. I don't care whether you could follow every minute of this discussion for two weeks. I don't care that my discussion about and endorsement of appropriate shame appears in a forum that appears around the world. That's what public forums are for. People should be able to speak their minds, right or wrong, and be able to freely make mistakes, or conversely, excellent points. When a topic has had no action for two weeks, you should understand it's a dead topic. If you revive it, you beat a dead horse, or you're trying to begin a new horse beating. I bet you didn't even look at the date. That is on you.

4. You are correct that memories attatched to shaming are carried for a long time, that is my point. "If my mother had caught me doing such a thing, she would have tanned my behind." "My old teacher would have had a heart attack." "My grandparents would be rolling in their graves." "My sister would have been so disappointed in me," etc. Those are generally good lessons, that we have internalized, admitted to, and grown past. Administered to us by people who care.
Just Perfect Color
Just Perfect Color
Posted 11 hours ago
If you propose, I will support your shaming campaign so long as we can make branding irons, heat them up, and burn the imprints into the foreheads of those an angry mob decides are offenders.

Intellectual property claims, whether exact duplicates, are absolutely irrelevant given the nature of this site. Why in the world would you post things to a site like this hoping people, all over the world, would respect your rights? Some of them live in countries that do not have to by the way.

And how have you, save for your ego, been damaged by all this? You have lost millions of euros or dollars through plagarism on this site? Sorry, but you just seem too emotionally charged to be rational.

This is plain and simple, dangerous and stupid. Beyond that, as I have said before, you could really hurt somebody if you are wrong in your witch hunt. It is usually much to late to say sorry to someone when its over because, you know? They would be damaged goods from your crusade.

PS. Sorry I could not follow this discussion every minute for two weeks. Sometimes I have other places to visit and other sites on which to spend my time and attention. I really appreciated your observation though so I read all the comments over the two weeks. I think I am up to speed.

PSS. Shaming anyone builds the memories they will remember later; even if they survive the shaming, hazing, shunning or whatever you want to call it. Such encounters shape their lives and attitudes forever and always. They might forgive, but they will always remember.
Just Perfect Color
Just Perfect Color
Posted 11 hours ago
If you are talking about me, I am flattered. I have never been called both at the same time as I remember. Thank you so much!

If you are done breathing fire out your nose, and can ever possibly calm down? Could you bring yourself to listen to those trying to help you in this? May I suggest something to you? With fire extinguisher in hand? And a dragon slayer on the roof of my condo building?

If you are not already a member, think about joining the Graphic Artists Guild. It is one of the best artists' rights orgs in the US. Members get all sorts of benefits including legal advice (to a point) in a pinch. Lots of pattern repeat designers are members. You might get more enthusiasm there but not for a shaming campaign.
OrigamiMei
OrigamiMei
Posted 11 hours ago
That website is brilliant, Deslyn! Thank you for sharing it with us.

DeslynBrown wrote:
One website I use frequently is encycolorpedia.com. You might want to input your color there and then check out the pentadic or hexadic sections. This will give you different colors all around the color wheel that complement the original color in some way, and each color is of the exact same saturation and lightness levels, which is what I believe you're looking for. You would want to alter the "S" and "V", but not the "H". Here is an example of the color you gave here:

http://i59.tinypic.com/oa67g4.jpg

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Colors

//View More ›

Latest Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Patterns

//View More ›