Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Color Talk»Showcase Your Work»Pattrn: access all CL patterns on Android

Pattrn: access all CL patterns on Android

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 2 of 2 Comments

lucasr

Hi all, I've just released the first beta of Pattrn, an app that gives you easy access to all patterns created by the COLOURlovers community. You can browse through the latest and more popular patterns and search by keyword or color. You can also keep a list of your favorite patterns and use them as your Android wallpaper.

Pattrn is free and has no ads. I created it just for fun. Feedback is welcome. Install it from Google Play:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.lucasr.pattrn

I hope you enjoy!

lucasr

Slippers wrote:
This is awesome! Thank you

Glad you like it! Feedback is always welcome btw :-)
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

waterway
waterway
Posted 37 minutes ago
you ladies really need to chill. you realize this is the internet and everything will get copied and duplicated. A lot of people come to colourlovers to pick palettes for their visual identity projects and even home decor. I, myself have received numerous links from my clients for palettes from the web to use in their branding projects. I had my palettes set to 'allow commercial use' in my previous account because people will use these palettes anyway. If you don't want something to be copied, don't post it on the internet and really, what's the worse that can happen if a palette is copied. I don't get it.
helenabl
helenabl
Posted 48 minutes ago
How about when you are being wrongly accused?

Just Perfect Color wrote:
"Directly copying another designer’s color scheme might be considered lazy. In some cases, it can even be considered copyright infringement. A recent case involving Seven Towns, the makers of Rubik’s Cube, versus Dayan, demonstrates that while color schemes themselves can’t be copyrighted, the order and placement of colors can be. It’s why Dayan replaced its orange with purple."

Most of the examples shown so far show colors in a different order than the original palette. While the original palette could be protected, and the creator might have a claim of infringement if it were copied exactly, once the colors are rearranged it is considered a different palette. There is no violation, at least legally. Sadly this is true no matter how obvious the similarities.
helenabl
helenabl
Posted 49 minutes ago
Stop harassing me.

timanttimaarit wrote:
I got this passive aggressive message today:
To:timanttimaarit
Date:09-15-2014

Hello,
A while back you accused me of copying a palette. Well I have answered you accusation. I'm here to wish you find lots of love and inspiration in your life. I have lots of both and have no need to copy anyone's work, or worse, to go around the internet accussing others without any evidence. Try using your time to study and search for reference, that's what has allowed me to make great design, which has payed all my bills for the last 15 years.

I guess she was writing about this post of mine:

timanttimaarit wrote:
(◕〝◕)Miah
moldypetunia
moldypetunia
Posted 1 hour ago
Test_Eyes
+
the_dreamer_disease
=
dreamy_eyes
Rex-chan