Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Color Talk»Showcase Your Work»Random color generator

Random color generator

Create New Topic

Recent Discussion Comments

eighteyed
eighteyed
Posted
Well, I found out pretty fast that trying to recruit thousands of followers was going to be an obsessive labor requiring most hours of my available time, and I had better and more fun things to do. Like weeding. Dishes. Scrubbing the toilet.

needsomedaylight wrote:
eighteyed wrote:
I used to blindly follow tens of new people back in the (I think) pre-sock puppet days just to see if I could begin to approach the numbers of Skyblu2u, which is hopeless, I quickly learned.

You can't possibly reach the numbers of Skyblue2u. Especially not the love and fav count. With her army of 45+ sock puppets she'll outnumber you any time.
faith4faith
faith4faith
Posted
Lady_Dragon_Killer
Sir_Dragon_Slayer
YersiniaP
YersiniaP
Posted
That young member in question just... followed me, a minute later unfollowed me, then randomly loved three of my creations. >.<
I am still not inclined to follow, oddly... ;)
needsomedaylight
needsomedaylight
Posted
eighteyed wrote:
I used to blindly follow tens of new people back in the (I think) pre-sock puppet days just to see if I could begin to approach the numbers of Skyblu2u, which is hopeless, I quickly learned.

You can't possibly reach the numbers of Skyblue2u. Especially not the love and fav count. With her army of 45+ sock puppets she'll outnumber you any time.
eighteyed
eighteyed
Posted
Well, I have a message for very young followers, you're not likely ever to match long term members in followers. It's not that we're so great, it's just that the site is just not that active anymore, and that people have been building up their numbers for years and years, some since 2005. I've been here since 2011, and 1/5 of my followers are probably spammers. Another 1/5 are people who deleted their accounts and left, and aren't available to anybody anymore. More are people who made accounts and were active for a while, didn't delete, but rarely or never visit now. Some are people I followed first. Either because I liked their work, or because they were new and needed/ deserved encouragement. I used to blindly follow tens of new people back in the (I think) pre-sock puppet days just to see if I could begin to approach the numbers of Skyblu2u, which is hopeless, I quickly learned. I don't do that anymore because it depresses me to blindly follow people some of whom turn out to be jerks or deceivers. The rest of my followers I earned with making artwork and being pleasant, that's the best way.

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Colors

//View More ›

Latest Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Patterns

//View More ›