Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Color Talk»Showcase Your Work»You Remind Me Of...

You Remind Me Of...

Create New Topic
Showing 321 - 340 of 463 Comments

KimmuSAMA

Summer.
Icecreams under a blue beach umbrella.

W_a_l_k_IN_PROGRESS!

xeenyth

A young girl's first bicycle, learning to ride it and the feeling of freedom when riding it especially in the evening.

Song_of_the_Moon

ycc2106

Are we supposed to also look at the title or just the colours?

Just looking at the colors & widths:
A slightly open door leading to a room with a red carpet

Looking at the colors only
Wet autumns leaves or grandpa's comfy armchair

With the title, widths & colors:
Sunrise on the moon

Peacock_Spider

KimmuSAMA

A school. Kids. They're sitting in red chairs. They're singing "the eensy weensy spider".
LOL :'D

Good~Night_♥_2

Sleepyjenny

you are my favorite.

g l e e * wrote:
A small girl with painted toes, twirling in a flowing sundress.
love_someone

Sleepyjenny

the first time I smelled rain, my favorite poem, watercolors, falling asleep in the morning
Comeback_Eventually

xeenyth

An unexpected meeting, some strange coincidences in the middle and finally, a budding of love.

Walk_with_me_{APC}

ycc2106 wrote:
Are we supposed to also look at the title or just the colours?

I'm pretty sure anything goes :)

ycc2106

KimmuSAMA wrote:
A school. Kids. They're sitting in red chairs. They're singing "the eensy weensy spider".
LOL :'D
Oh that is so cute!! I'm posting this on the palette page!
*Mwaaa* =D
-------------------------------------------------

Walk_with_me_{APC}

With the title:
A man's in love with a girl but he's too scared to tell her - the girl doesn't let him tell her. They stay close but never really get together..
=.(

Only the colors:
There's a flood in Buckingham palace, the queen is standing on the throne - literally standing. She's not scared, all the servants are there so she's just doing what she thinks a queen should do in such a situation.
xD

Daddy_Eyeball_[IFSP]

xOwllight

With the name: A single father dropping his only daughter off at her first day of kindergarten. He's worried sick, wondering if she'll make friends or not, and if she's ready for a first step in her life. He watches her join the throngs of kids before taking off for work, and she is on his mind all day long.

Just the colors - A modern yet comfy living room, with low sitting furniture and ottomans neatly situated around a dark mahogany coffee table.

Grown_Stronger

sec9586

Old sea vessels at dusk idly floating in the dock

Our_Little_Princess

ycc2106

Thank you Owly!
I like the father story!
BTW, did you listen to the music? Or is it only based on the badge?

May I play again? I really enjoy this! =)

With the name:
Depressed guy trying to be positive - he's telling him self bold encouraging stuff... but he knows deep down he won't manage to follow them.

and I now happen to see this which fits very well:
Dead_End_Dreams

Only the colors:
Sad memories

colors and without the widths:
Grown_Stronger
The steps going down to the cellar - this is what the spider hanging on the ceiling see's.

ycc2106

OopsI This was posted while I was writing
sec9586 wrote:
Old sea vessels at dusk idly floating in the dock

Our_Little_Princess

Answering now..

ycc2106

Colors & title
entry to a spoilt kids room

without the title
1900's, a woman a swimming suit in a changing room. She's making herself pretty to go swimming with her boyfriend. She's shy to go out side because it's the first time she's going to show her legs in public!

Tonga_Wooga

kinkajou888

Cold autumn day; someone just dropped their books, notebooks and all kinds of colourful pieces of paper in the mud (such a tragedy, look at those colours!).

Covered_In_Dust

3moDuDe

A worn-out brick red tin soldier standing in dust (as the title suggests!)
You know, like the black is the hat, then the red is the body, the grey is the legs, and the beige is the feet.
[3]_West_Egg

ycc2106

3moDuDe wrote:
A worn-out brick red tin soldier standing in dust (as the title suggests!)
You know, like the black is the hat, then the red is the body, the grey is the legs, and the beige is the feet.

=)
Did you see the pic?
Covered_In_Dust
Lovely palette kinkajou!

Playing 3moDuDe now...

ycc2106

[3]_West_Egg
A kid's room, a chemistry kit for kids - many colorful test tubes with smoke coming out
The kids takes the green tube and poors the liquid in a potted plant in the corridor...
OMG!! It's moving! A plant monster! @@

xD

Balcony_Flowers

g l e e *

A coke can used for target practice by various kids, resulting in a bunch of dents and scratches over the red paint.
Poor soda cans; I always feel the urge to straighten them out when there's a visible dent, though they usually end up looking even worse by the time I'm through with them.
multiple_choice

sec9586

Popcorn buckets at the movie theater and Junior Mints. Mmmm :D

Organics

ycc2106

A stylish apartment of a designer, all wood and natural colors. Everything is carefully thought - it's perfect... nearly too much that it feels kinda cold, like if nobody lived there.

Russian_CaravanRussian_Caravan
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

Trixxie
Trixxie
Posted 4 hours ago
Hey Darius - thanks for all the work to get the spammers under control. So happy to hear there are things in the works! I am enjoying working in new ways on CL while things are being implemented.

Wildfire2013 - No one can post any badges or links at this time. Just comments (text). That is part of the process of getting rid of the spammers. We all miss seeing the
badges. But they'll be back at some point! :)
OrigamiMei
OrigamiMei
Posted 5 hours ago
This made my day. Thank you so much, Bubs! ♡♡♡♡♡

COLOURlover wrote:
Hello Friends. Yes, the captcha for comments and disabling of links is frustrating... but we're fighting an unpleasant fight against spammers that have had free reign to spam the crap out of this site the past couple years... also who likely shut it down for a couple weeks with a DDoS attack. We've implemented some heavy handed things like the captcha to combat the spam... this isn't a long term solution, but thoughtful solutions that allow creative good intentioned folks to continue sharing the love, while preventing spammers who have a ton of resources, is not quick. It was only a several months ago that I took the site back from Autodesk and I'm working with a team that will have the resources to start making improvements and helping this awesome group of people get back to the community they love.
huege
huege
Posted 5 hours ago
Thank you for the update Darius.

I find the captcha thing slightly frustrating (mostly because I am part robot on my mother's side), but I'm delighted with the reduction in spam.

Now if you could just make a captcha algorithm that uses Colourlover patterns instead of photos, we'd be all set....click all the patterns with butterflies, click the florals, etc :)
YersiniaP
YersiniaP
Posted 9 hours ago
New user, MelVaglibielo, left a very rude comment on someone's palette:
http:// w w w.colourlovers.com/palette/4509745/Pinks#comments (without the spaces)
YersiniaP
YersiniaP
Posted 9 hours ago
Thank you very much for commenting here.
It really means a lot.
Especially since I know you have other things on your mind at the moment.

No matter what problems CL is going through, I am happy to stick with it and bear a few temporary unpleasantnesses. CL is definitely worth it.
But getting a heads-up like this is important to me because it lets me know the people in charge do care, about us and the site.

So, as I said, thank you, with my sincerest gratitude.

COLOURlover wrote:
Hello Friends. Yes, the captcha for comments and disabling of links is frustrating... but we're fighting an unpleasant fight against spammers that have had free reign to spam the crap out of this site the past couple years... also who likely shut it down for a couple weeks with a DDoS attack. We've implemented some heavy handed things like the captcha to combat the spam... this isn't a long term solution, but thoughtful solutions that allow creative good intentioned folks to continue sharing the love, while preventing spammers who have a ton of resources, is not quick. It was only a several months ago that I took the site back from Autodesk and I'm working with a team that will have the resources to start making improvements and helping this awesome group of people get back to the community they love.

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Colors

//View More ›

Latest Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Patterns

//View More ›