Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Color Talk»Showcase Your Work»The ColourLover Above Me

The ColourLover Above Me

Create New Topic
Showing 1,081 - 1,100 of 1,233 Comments

Saya4

Pennington wrote:
MORPH_-_First_Memory
Love the play on greens and red there with the burgundy at the end. Very earthy!

Pennington wrote:
MORPH_-_First_Memory
Love the play on greens and red there with the burgundy at the end. Very earthy!

I get a warm feeling from it. Love it

sailmakers

@saya4 you were supposed to pick a palette from the person who last commented to rate! but since you didn't, i'll do it.
h_e_a_r_t_b_r_e_a_k
this palette. is. gorgeous. i love how it incorporates both light and dark colours in such an elegant way! the widths are perfect, and it is just overall very pleasing to the eye. good job! c:

Faerenach

soulgazing

This palette reminds me of cherry blossoms reflecting in a pond - very fitting, for this time of year! There's a beautiful contrast of the flirtatious pinks and that profound blue-green-grey of "Almost there"... I love it!

zombiedisco

Skys_On_Fire

Huge fan of how this combo plays out. I really enjoy the purples and almost charcoal orange hues. :D Really, really good job!

logikul

I just pick my favorite palette from the last poster, yes?
forging_mystics
These colors are absolutely PHENOMENAL together. I'm normally not a fan of mint green and I tend to hate purples that are so desaturated, but WOW. This is a wonderful blend of the two! Also, this is one of those palettes, with one of those perfect, "matching" names, that sort of slams into you upon first glance and when you look closer, you just can't describe how it's making you feel. (I don't know that this happens to other people...but colors get to me like this ALL the time, not even just on CL.)

Piahr

l_i_s_t_e_n_to_me.
This palette grabbed my attention right from the first look. Smooth, mellow, seashore colors with just a quiet pop of orange and turquoise. Then I noticed the title "Listen to me." A request, a plea, a command? This is one of those wonderful creations that the artist makes and then, when it's put out in public, the viewer is compelled to bring something personal to it – making it more than what it was. I love the orange – it speaks of a determined resolve that is incredibly strong, despite the first impression. Nice one!

Faerenach

Citrus_Frost
Best_Dressed_Zest

The pattern hooked me, but the palette is worth looking at twice too. It's preppy but grounded, modern but old-school retro, eye-catching but laid-back. And looks comfortable with itself, which is pretty impressive considering all the contradictions I just listed! Very nice indeed!

roverraven

(bump!)

( Lol! x) Yeah, I was looking for this... )
MORPH_Platonic
This is lovely- so soft, but rich and elegant. |) The first three colors blend really pretty, and those jewel-tone colors at the end really make it... GOIGOUS! ha-ha. x)

WinterLover

The one thing that I love about roverraven's pieces is that you can absolutely see that there is no fear of color, whatsoever! That being said...

think_of_you_*

I really love this! It evokes the lingering of thinking of a person as well as the hesitance that someone may have when they are admitting what they are thinking about. And the warmth of the colors definitely make me think that these thoughts are good thoughts, no matter how embarrassing they may be. ;) Great job on this one!

mangowasabi

piecesof...
The choice of colours in this palette is completely perfect! The blend between the two greens is gorgeous, like you're looking at gold through a glass bottle. The soft dark blue adds a touch of melancholy while the other colours are kind of warm and beachy. It's just a lovely palette to look at ♥

zombiedisco

Night_Moves

I'm in love with the blends! I think it's really daring to use "blacklight purple" and hot pink, it's fantastically showcased! Edgy and fabulous, it has the spark of attitude that draws me in.

sailmakers

sugar_cookie
this is such a great light combination of brown and pink! it's so soft and refined, and the simple elegance of the palette just really caught my eye.

Pennington

dusty_night
Reminds me of Michael Jackson's Thriller video. That's one of my faves ever. So this is great! ;)

roverraven

Slow_Graceful_Flow
I love this. |) It's so pretty, and yes, graceful. Those colors are just so great together, and they transition beautifully... that bright golden yellow in there kind of pops out and gives it this up-and-over kind of feel, for lack of better words. It's kind of like a speed bump, I guess, I mean it's dimensional and stands out. I'm doing a horrible job of explaining this wonderful phenomenon, so I think I'll just stop there, ha-ha. @_@;
Beautiful. Gorgous. AMAZING. |D

Pennington

For_You_*
There is something so serene and peaceful about this that just makes me feel so at ease. It's like the sweetest gift!

elizabethjean

Foolish_Game
I absolutely love this, SO much. The colors, wonderful. The blend, beautiful. The widths, amazing. Just like stupid little foolish games we go through in life, it's subtle at first, then exciting somehow, and dark. Great job :)

zombiedisco

Le_Cirque

How crazy awesome is this? The starkness of the pea green looks really good with the electric blue! As if that was beautiful enough, add the warm purple at the end to make it look wondrous! Super job!

Pennington

Wondergirl
Love this! It has a super hero kinda vibe but also a girlie super hero. She's a bright successful woman. The red gives this energy while the green gives it certainty. Lovely!

WinterLover

I really love this palette, mostly since I can really relate to it this morning! :)

Morning_Chill

So beautiful and perfect blends. And that color "chilly" makes this palette for me. Flawless in every way, this definitely deserves to be one of the top 10 palettes here at CL.
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

faith4faith
faith4faith
Posted 1 hour ago
Loving_Every_Moment
3 Above, 2 Below
Waves_and_Currents
=
Ocean_Photography
Sesora79
Sesora79
Posted 2 hours ago
Oh, shoot! My bad! ^^;
Seahorse Girl wrote:
Hi Sesora... You're supposed to make a palette using my color "Lil Aussie" in this thread.

Sesora79 wrote:
Opal_Moon
Moon_River
g@bor
g@bor
Posted 5 hours ago
You're welcome, hope you like the new stuff. :)
Seahorse Girl
Seahorse Girl
Posted 6 hours ago
Hi Sesora... You're supposed to make a palette using my color "Lil Aussie" in this thread.

Sesora79 wrote:
Opal_Moon
Moon_River
Padmaraga
Padmaraga
Posted 15 hours ago
Autumn_Equinox
+
Lotus_Leaf
=
Java_Paradise

Latest Articles