Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Color Talk»Showcase Your Work»The ColourLover Above Me

The ColourLover Above Me

Create New Topic
Showing 841 - 860 of 1,271 Comments
This is so yummy-looking! I could eat up the colors like a big bowl of fruit salad. However, when you look at the colour names, they tell a different story. I love when things look like one thing, but upon further inspection are something else. It's like analyzing poetry.
kill_me_off_*
Faeleia wrote@TCLAM:
i like this one of anna banana's:
Jolly_VS_Cool
ISN'T IT COOL? I love subtle, and yet i like how the black and darker colours give the palette a strong presence. blue and yellow is also awesome, and this is the kind of paletting technique that i wish to eventually learn. :) plus, it has red! i'm a red whore, so all is said and done.

*i hereby give permission for the next person to do another's person's palettes instead*
*throws wildcard*
Wow! Thanks Fae. That's kind analytical - do you always look at palettes like that?

chope xOwllight
Let me look at this better
Ghostwhite_LavenderGhostwhite_Lavender

You need to view this in big to get it's effect
I'll put it here but please go to the page

This reminds me of the taste of some asian salads - fresh and with some aromatic herbs.
This is salad with tarbot and wasabi dressing:
Salad with tarbot and wasabi dressing
oh gosh! That looks so goooooooooooood!
Why do palettes always make me hungry! ??
What can be said about The Banana that hasn't already been said? I don't know, because I haven't read all the way through the thread. They've made such awesome templates that I keep encountering...

Noisy_Machines_[t]Diaper_OrigamiSPLONK_[t]
This_Is_Planet_Earth
This one is interesting on several levels. Looking at the first three colors, gives a completely different feel than the last three. The green bridges the gap perfectly. All of the colors share the same name. I've made palettes like this before so I know what a challenge it is to choose just the right ones and arrange them just so. The first four colors are quite earthy, but the dark purple on the end is a pleasant surprise. And it makes a type of rainbow, but with brown instead of red. A+
oh these are lovely! They date back to 2008 when there wasn't much choice in patterns

all made from the same palette:
So_Cold
These colours feel cold in emotion more than temperature. Melancholic, the heart/heat seem to have died out.. how sad! =.(
Btw the the 1 colour bunigirl made is titled 'No happy medium'

Skating got Photobucket

I specially like this one
Frost
I've played so many times, the next person does not need to play me. I give him the right to play anybody he wishes!
ycc2106. so sweet of you to post the old patterns in such a lovely grouping. so, i am getting the feeling, you had a different name before and were here in 2008 when i started. let me know if you care to. no biggie. thanx again.
Adults_Are_Kids_w_$

Ok, I've never played before, so here goes. I chose to feature this palette by Highwireart- I think it's gorgeous. It makes my heart smile and I can't even explain why. Great job!

Thanks_Highwireart

Dreamland_Explained
patternfanatic wrote:

Ok, I've never played before, so here goes. I chose to feature this palette by Highwireart- I think it's gorgeous. It makes my heart smile and I can't even explain why. Great job!

Well it is only appropriate to share a heart singing palette from your collection in return ...

pf.shoreline

I love shorelines and the mix of sand, shells, rocks and pounding waves ... your palette not just makes my heart sing but I can hear the heart of those deep dark waves humming along too.
Sunset_Lighthouse

Gorrrrrrgeous colors pulled from a great picture! I love sunsets, and I love lighthouses, so this just seems so relatable to me personally. I love the fade from left to right against the stark blue color. The colors are just so well put together! :) Good job!
patternfanatic wrote:
Adults_Are_Kids_w_$

Thanks_Highwireart

Dreamland_Explained

Love the palette you chose! =D

But I think you maybe mixing games up (I've also done it! ^^')
This one you only present an item - This is the game where you choose a palette and make a pattern: Your palette, My Pattern

and careful, there are more similar games!

Highwireart wrote:
ycc2106. so sweet of you to post the old patterns in such a lovely grouping. so, i am getting the feeling, you had a different name before and were here in 2008 when i started. let me know if you care to. no biggie. thanx again.
That's funny because you're not the 1st person to say so! I did come a long time ago for a short while, but I didn't interact socially. At that time I was too busy, and then forgot my username and password.
Do you remember the name of that person?
elizabethjean wrote:

Gorrrrrrgeous colors pulled from a great picture! I love sunsets, and I love lighthouses, so this just seems so relatable to me personally. I love the fade from left to right against the stark blue color. The colors are just so well put together! :) Good job!

Sorry this was just to serendipitous to miss ... my sunset lighthouse was waiting on the shoreline for a sunrise ...

Waiting_on_a_Sunrise

I am not a blend expert but I cannot help wondering if there is not a blend trying to escape from these three palettes?
Jean Auel, although I was very disappointed by the turn of the story and gave up disgusted (at the 3rd book)- the begining had many fascinating facts.

I much prefer the palette!
Auel_Painted_Caves
This reminded me of the mammoth hunting & cooking chapter - 1) the preparation & wait, 2) the hunt, 3) the kill, 4) the cooking and at last 5) the eating! =)
ycc! I end up with you again darling...hehehe now I must search through your gorgeous palettes once more!
And I chose....*drumroll*
Kabuki_Make-up
This one....*sighs* it's so pretty! Although my iffy palette feels hurt for not winning that day of RC xD The blues are so soft and warm and that hard-colored brown contrasts it all so perfectly! Love it!
Thank you sweety!
I didn't see... but as they're both RC palettes with good scores, they're displayed in the group highlights ! Here on page 4:

only 5 loves different.. who knows what time will do?

I'll wait or it'll be me again for the next player.
Just to make things clear: Next person plays erisnx!
Okee, I'll join in. Have mostly been lurking this thread here and there.

But I had to share my love for this palette:
Perfect_Prince

It just grabs me every time I see it pass by somewhere. And I go check it out again. 8] I love the warm colours in it. And that orange standing out is just perfect. Fantastic palette!
This one caught my eye because of the pretty colors. The purple on the end is such a contrast to the pale greens, and instead of weighing the palette down, it seems to lift it up instead.
Flatulence
But when I saw the title, my reaction was "OMG!"
The conversation in the comments section is hilarious.
Oooh, how gloriously gentle!

Winter_Sunset

This is just beautiful. I almost want to snuggle up and pet it... it reminds me of cashmere and chinchillas and delicate spring almond blossoms.
Our_Room_4

Love this, it feels so natural.
+Love the saturation contrast between old page (beige) and snowflake (blue)
It has a very calming effect on me, it just feels good! Cosy, secure...
If this is real room, I'd love to see a picture of it!

Also seeing the other in the series makes me think the colours came from photo taken with natural light, no flash, no artificial light.
Our_Room_3Our_Room_2Our_Room_1
.. if there's a source image, I'd really love to see it!
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

paulsky555
paulsky555
8 hours ago
$$$$ Hot Hot Hot $$$$
You need fullz to register Create driver accounts spark driver, Contact me now
Telegram: @Paulsky555
paulsky555
paulsky555
8 hours ago
$$$$ Hot Hot Hot $$$$
paulsky555
paulsky555
8 hours ago
$$$$ Hot Hot Hot $$$$
paulsky555
paulsky555
8 hours ago
$$$$ Hot Hot Hot $$$$
paulsky555
paulsky555
8 hours ago
$$$$ Hot Hot Hot $$$$

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Colors

//View More ›

Latest Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Patterns

//View More ›
X

Terms Updated

We’d like to inform you that we have updated our Terms of Use. The most substantive changes are:

This platform was acquired by a joint venture in Israel.
changes have been made to the relevant jurisdiction for disputes which may arise out of your use of the platform.
Changes made to the monetization of users’ creations and the ability to opt out from your account settings.

Please view the revised Terms here. If you don’t mind anything there, then you don’t need to do anything. Your continued use of the platform will constitute your acceptance of the latest version of the Terms. If you disagree with anything there, you can terminate your account within seven days from today.