Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Color Talk»Showcase Your Work»The ColourLover Above Me

The ColourLover Above Me

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 20 of 1,233 Comments

Faerenach

Time to pat some backs!! I'm hoping that this thread will flourish, and become a lovefest of colour sharing.

The concept is simple. Look up the palettes/patterns/colours of the most recent poster (aka, the one above you!) and post any of their work that you love, and describe why you love it.

Let's share some colourlove!

koala988

Awww, what a sweet idea! I'm always up for a love-fest :D

I love this one:

CLC_Worst_Camp_EVER

Why? Well just look at it!! :D

I think it's lovely. The subject matter isn't quite as enjoyable lol..I've had a couple of bad camp experiences in my time LOL, all rainy and icky and too cold to swim, who loves that? But it's a fun inspiration, and brings up happy summer camp memories :)

But the palette itself is just stunning. I love how the colours are muted but still quite bold. And that blue-y grey at the end is fantastic. I wouldn't have thought to put that there, but it's a great idea! It works wonderfully, and really finishes the whole thing off right.

Beautiful job :D

eggsu

it was really hard to pick but...

Theres_a_Chance

totally stuck out to me. it's weird, though, since i'm usually a fan of gradients.

i'm not exactly sure why i like it so much but i mean, come on, you can't call it anything less than beautiful. the colors go together so well and the widths are wonderful. all i can say is "i wish i would have though of that."

lulu*

great idea of a thread! :)

ok my pick...
The_Daydream

i instantly loved this because of the soft yellows and the name... i thought the name is totally right! and being a daydreamer prectically all the time hehe i just had to love it! i think it shows how melancholy and happiness and all kinds of thoughts blend on our daydreamer heads

:D

alex789

White_Winter_Hymnal

Tough choice, but this grabbed me today. It's absolute Melbourne winter crap outside, its been drizzling all day, & I've got three dogs waiting for walkies. Looking at this reminded me of the day, and that I have a fireplace and a couple of good bottles of red available, so I'm about to light a fire and then lie on the couch with a good book and a drink.

Lulu 05

lighter_shades

I like how the bright green next to the rusty orange buzzes, then the dusty colours set off that pattern more subtly. The earth tones are pleasant, but have a great twist. Almost retro, this palette brings out harmonies between brights and neutrals.

Lovely palette, Alex

MissGibbon

between_the_tones

so hard to decide! wow lovely colors. I love the widths and the alternating colors, it really makes this pop. Sort of like how the dark blue is like a background for the reds to sit on! I love seeing colourlovers who explore widths and creating different depths and feels. Lulu 05 has alot of beautiful stuff though. <3 I found a new lover to watch! :)

liddle_r

mad_scientist

I love how fresh and clean this feels. And of course the name is super fun! It really jumped off the page for me!

GreenMyEyes

faded_grief

I love these soft, muted colors so much. I love the strength of the purples, and the dreaminess of the greens. Sadness perhaps, but paired with hope.

ventilatorblues

Virginia_Woolf

the name first caught my attention - virginia was a very interesting woman (i've read some of her books and liked them). i also associate her with blueish shades and this palette has nice blues with a little greyish tone and the light green that makes it special. and the widths are great.

mierlagypsy

I am SO EXCITED that I caught this thread at ventilatorblues!! It took me a while, but I finally settled on this palette
shot_a_man_in_rheno
Here is why:
(1) All of her palettes have amazing, evocative, usually music-inspired names - and this is one of the best
(2) She has a fantastic sense for how to use contrasting colors
(3) Her palettes always have something a little unexpected, something that I wouldn't think of myself - like "strawberry," the bold pink here. The unexpected touches ALWAYS work beautifully.

alpen

vintage_ink

I love the soft warm colours in this palette - the way it blends is just perfect! It also reminds me of being at the beach on a warm day!!

annajak

cheshire_cat

Love how the colours blend here and widths are perfect, plus I love cats... (also cheshire cats!) :)

bunigrl33

HBday_Angelafaye!_:D

I love the soft lavenders and the way the thin, pinky-mauve center stripe gives the palette depth.

Faerenach

Bruised_Moon

Oh so lovely... I love the dark, inky grey-blues, and I love how 'uncertainty' pops out like a Van Gogh night sky. Plus, I absolutely love morphs, and I think bunigrl33's done a beautiful job with this one!

reverbe

Evening_Mood

I really like palettes that utilize colours that seem too muted to be striking at first glance, and then deftly sews them together into a portrait where each colour shines its hue on the other. It's like watching dusty prism reflections on a wall . . . I could just look at it all day.

lightningmccarl

Boho_Hobo

first of all, i adore the name! yay hobos :D
also, the oranges/red/yellows strike a lovely chord with the navy and light blue, and this palette is so bright and happy

it's a yay palette :)

Eliza D.

I love everything about this palette. The widths are perfect, and all of the colors melt into each other. I also love how you name all of your colors to go along with the title of your palette. Makes me want to indulge a little right now <3

i_n_d_u_l_g_e

twinkletwinkle8

wow.. it's hard to choose! everything is so amazing! i guess i'd have to pick this as my favorite, though. love!

Pink_Sunset

Eliza D. wrote:
I love everything about this palette. The widths are perfect, and all of the colors melt into each other. I also love how you name all of your colors to go along with the title of your palette. Makes me want to indulge a little right now <3

i_n_d_u_l_g_e

Faerenach

*thought I'd bump this up*
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

AlineDam
AlineDam
Posted 4 hours ago
700_Hugs_*+[T2]_Big_500_*=

Big_Hug_*

BigHug*

DarkBlueMe4Ever
DarkBlueMe4Ever
Posted 8 hours ago
Ninja_Maid

+