Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Color Talk»Lover's Lounge»A CL-based tumblr

A CL-based tumblr

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 15 of 15 Comments

circeus

The demise of the Transmonster website has forced me to figure out a new weird project since my Word of the Day palettes could obviously not continue. I always felt CL patterns have been underrecognized, so I took it upon myself to start a tumblr for them: Patternalism.

May you find crazy stuff on there.

ETA: Recently (late January), Tumblr has altered their posting system. This has made me unable to use the badges anymore, although I want to say that I DO still credit the Colourlovers who made these patterns by using the Tumblr source links. I have not yet figured out a satisfying way to include the information in the layout.

Shyster☆

oh, that is really neat! :D

MissGibbon

wow that's awesome!

eli@

Just saw that you posted one of mine on tumblr earlier this month. Thank you for the honor.

circeus wrote:
The demise of the Transmonster website has forced me to figure out a new weird project since my Word of the Day palettes could obviously not continue. I always felt CL patterns have been underrecognized, so I took it upon myself to start a tumblr for them: Patternalism.

May you find crazy stuff on there.

cameo

Wow, that's really nifty!

wist

I saw one of my colorings of Praxicalidocious' template Tesseract on there! Thanks!

praxicalidocious

Wist pointed me here; so thanks to both of you. :)

A thought: In the absence of badges, I'd really love it if you would be so kind as to tag the name of the colourist and the template maker along with the other description tags.

Great idea, and i look forward to seeing your future picks.

circeus

praxicalidocious wrote:
A thought: In the absence of badges, I'd really love it if you would be so kind as to tag the name of the colourist and the template maker along with the other description tags.

That's actually not a bad Idea, and I'll to implement it the best I can.

eighteyed

Yes, please include the template maker, otherwise your average viewer will see the misattributed design out of context of CL, and think that the colourist created the graphic. As one who spends many hours creating graphics, it irks me to become totally removed from my copyrighted creation in the eyes of someone outside the site. Thanks!

circeus

I've tagged all the "new" posts without badges, and will tag all future posts, but I almost certainly won't be adding the tags to older posts. I hope it's understandable that doing that to ca. 1300 posts would be far more than I can do.

eli@

It was very considerate to go through the trouble to recognize all the people who contributed to the work. It would be nice if all that info just came with, but alas. Anyway, I know you are just posting stuff you like and didn't have to do it so on behalf of all the grateful for being chosen... Thank you.

praxicalidocious

Thank you, Circeus! I'd only been hoping to have the new 'badge-less' posts tagged.

I really, really appreciate it. :)

circeus

New update: It turns out that Tumblr still serves the old posting page to IE, so using a user agent spoofer lets me upload badges again (though they're not going to show up on the page until almost 3 weeks from now.)! I'm not stopping petting up user tags, though.

faith4faith

That is quite the collection! Found some new patterns to love, and I saw my Doodly Doo pattern on there as well. :) Thanks!
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

DarkBlueMe4Ever
DarkBlueMe4Ever
Posted 3 hours ago
Ninja_Maid

+

Absent:_weirdo123

=

Weird_Ninja

Weird_Ninjabroken_ninja
M00nSlippers
M00nSlippers