Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Color Talk»Lover's Lounge»Merry Christmas & Happy New Year's 2012-2013

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year's 2012-2013

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 14 of 14 Comments

Gasp365

Hi everyone,

I want to wish everyone a Very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year's! I have a lot to be grateful for. Thank you CL team for creating this wonderful place for us to enjoy. And thank you CL community for allowing me to share the fun with you. Hope we'll have some more next year!

Much Love, ~ Pink

P.S. Want to share your Christmas wishes too? Post them right here! =]

Merry_Christmas_♥

earlgrey

What a lovely thing to do, dear Pink! I'm delighted by your infinitely kind soul. Sounds lofty, no? But it couldn't be more true, too.

Invited here by you yourself, I'll add my twopenn'orth wishes as well.
May this Christmas be bright and cheerful and may the New Year begin on a prosperous note! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, dear Colourlovers!
... And dream in million of colours. – Ola
Christmas-like_dream

PS. As a child brought up mainly by Disney tales, I totally love these sketches which you posted in!

Edit: Patterns gratis :D

OrigamiMei

My Christmas wish was to find some closure to a very difficult situation and that is what I got: a major load lifted off of my heart and chest. This is a real gift.

My wish for the community is that we can mend from the losses we've had recently and we can continue to grow and flourish as friends and as artists. ♥ Oh, and hopefully the contest issues will be resolved.

Actually, I have one more wish: that I had mailed the packages containing Christmas gifts to my family in America weeks ago. No..I had to wait until Christmas was 3 days away. x_x Oh well, better late than never, yeah? :D

Happy holidays, everyone. Hope each and every one of you has an amazing time this season.

Love,
Heather/Mei

P.S. I'll have sugar cookies for everyone in a little bit...if my husband stops eating them as soon as they pop out of the oven!

Faeleia

^_________^ Great everyone's in the HAPPY HOLIDAY CHRISTMAS SPIRIT!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE~

Shyster☆

I ain't in much of a Christmas spirit myself, kinda really down.

BUT HEY, Merry Christmas.

obligatory_Christmas

...you want a REAL present? well shoot. umm, well... I did start a blog dedicated to posting free music. I should go find some more to post. but you can still check it out. http://emmalikestoshare.tumblr.com/

MissGibbon

Just finding this now?? Okay Merry Christmas Everyone!! <3 May it be healthier and happier than mine. (Sick yet again with a flu) =.=

CHRISTMAS_2012

freeflight

What a nice idea!! Only one of the many reasons I love this community so much!!

Here's wishing everyone the happiest of holidays, and a happy, healthy new year!!
we_wish_you...

twister

peaceful holidays

♥♥♥Wishing all of you the happiest holiday season ever, and a joyous and colorful new year!♥♥♥

schojea

wishes13

a peacefull,happy ,healthy and colourful New year to all CL.

a_star_in_the_woods

stonyarc

Best wishes for everyone

agreen

Good wishes to everyone.

FairyPartiesSydney

I love those christmas colors. Keep the festivities going!
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

Just Perfect Color
Just Perfect Color
Posted 1 hour ago
If you propose, I will support your shaming campaign so long as we can make branding irons, heat them up, and burn the imprints into the foreheads of those an angry mob decides are offenders.

Intellectual property claims, whether exact duplicates, are absolutely irrelevant given the nature of this site. Why in the world would you post things to a site like this hoping people, all over the world, would respect your rights? Some of them live in countries that do not have to by the way.

And how have you, save for your ego, been damaged by all this? You have lost millions of euros or dollars through plagarism on this site? Sorry, but you just seem too emotionally charged to be rational.

This is plain and simple, dangerous and stupid. Beyond that, as I have said before, you could really hurt somebody if you are wrong in your witch hunt. It is usually much to late to say sorry to someone when its over because, you know? They would be damaged goods from your crusade.

PS. Sorry I could not follow this discussion every minute for two weeks. Sometimes I have other places to visit and other sites on which to spend my time and attention. I really appreciated your observation though so I read all the comments over the two weeks. I think I am up to speed.

PSS. Shaming anyone builds the memories they will remember later; even if they survive the shaming, hazing, shunning or whatever you want to call it. Such encounters shape their lives and attitudes forever and always. They might forgive, but they will always remember.
Just Perfect Color
Just Perfect Color
Posted 1 hour ago
If you are talking about me, I am flattered. I have never been called both at the same time as I remember. Thank you so much!

If you are done breathing fire out your nose, and can ever possibly calm down? Could you bring yourself to listen to those trying to help you in this? May I suggest something to you? With fire extinguisher in hand? And a dragon slayer on the roof of my condo building?

If you are not already a member, think about joining the Graphic Artists Guild. It is one of the best artists' rights orgs in the US. Members get all sorts of benefits including legal advice (to a point) in a pinch. Lots of pattern repeat designers are members. You might get more enthusiasm there but not for a shaming campaign.
OrigamiMei
OrigamiMei
Posted 1 hour ago
That website is brilliant, Deslyn! Thank you for sharing it with us.

DeslynBrown wrote:
One website I use frequently is encycolorpedia.com. You might want to input your color there and then check out the pentadic or hexadic sections. This will give you different colors all around the color wheel that complement the original color in some way, and each color is of the exact same saturation and lightness levels, which is what I believe you're looking for. You would want to alter the "S" and "V", but not the "H". Here is an example of the color you gave here:

http://i59.tinypic.com/oa67g4.jpg
eighteyed
eighteyed
Posted 1 hour ago
My goodness, you are literal. As well as irrelevant. Bless your heart.
Just Perfect Color
Just Perfect Color
Posted 2 hours ago
Cool! But no patterns on this site offer graphics like in the original Batman series. Wow! Pow! and all that in starbursts and captions. They were what made Batman and Robin, the TV series great.

Would we be in trouble if we used any of those patterns? If not, I would totally be in for ideas, starting with "Holy snack cakes, Batman" if a new thread were started.

The sad but true point I was trying to get across is that proving someone stole your intellectual property is really tough and infringement suits, because they require so much "prior art" research and their components are so subjective? In spite of what you have heard, a very small percentage ever go to court. Yeah sure, Apple and Samsung are spending billions pis***g on each other. Want take a leap and guess who is ultimately paying for it all?

However, defaming or shaming someone on a public site like this? Easy to file the suit and with a slizzard attorney for the filing party, you are trapped. You have to defend yourself, even if the claims are off the wall "batsh*t" nutty.

From some degree of personal experience in these matters, but with nice contracts supporting my side, they were always no win---for either side. And my contract and intellectual property lawyers were really competent and good. They billed hours $375/hour though. A couple times I had to pay them to just respond to the complaint and just go to court, sit around for hours for the case to be called, and spend 10 minutes in front of the judge getting a dismissal.

Again, eighteyes, I don't see this thread going anywhere helpful for you. I completely support your emotions and passion for this issue. Just be careful.

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Colors

//View More ›

Latest Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Patterns

//View More ›