Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Color Talk»Lover's Lounge»Community
Showing 21 - 22 of 22 Comments

g@bor

It's nice to read your thoughts, Miyuri. ;) And revisiting the pretty much emotionally driven ones of mine I realize they sounded way more know it all than originally intended.

I also do realize you guys are experiencing a real problem but for whatever reason I opted for the glass half full standpoint. It could well be because as a new member it's a promising community to engage with and for some reason I feel even a single thank you badge more personal than what I'm used to all over the interwebz today. Obviously I don't have the contrast you with any history have so I'm a classic case of ignorance is bliss and I know that from the first word.

Just some food for thought, though, many quiet people full of love and a need for interaction is just many quiet people full of love and a need for interaction, alone. It depends on you what this community becomes.

grail143@gmail.com

I'm pretty new here as well, and have no history to compare to, but I have to say, I've never in all my years on the internet (which started with a 56k modemon a machine running windows 95 that had a super big 1GB hard drive) felt at home in a community. ColourLovers is literally the first community where I have felt at home. I too get giddy every time I get a notification or a note or even if one of my colours is used by someone. I literally cried when dear hana passed away, even though to the best of my reckoning we never crossed paths. I worry about ycc2106, even though the last time she was online, I had not even discovered CL yet. I ColourStalk Durratino, Anonymuse, eighteyed, and Fra. patiently waiting for their next great works of art. . .

Maybe the community is too big - when compared to five years ago. . . maybe it is hard to connect with other people in a meaningful lasting way, but I love this place and feel true value in my presence here and am in constant awe of the incredible people here and the beautiful ways in which we have to get to know them in a deeper way than any other place we could meet them.

g@bor wrote:
It's nice to read your thoughts, Miyuri. ;) And revisiting the pretty much emotionally driven ones of mine I realize they sounded way more know it all than originally intended.

I also do realize you guys are experiencing a real problem but for whatever reason I opted for the glass half full standpoint. It could well be because as a new member it's a promising community to engage with and for some reason I feel even a single thank you badge more personal than what I'm used to all over the interwebz today. Obviously I don't have the contrast you with any history have so I'm a classic case of ignorance is bliss and I know that from the first word.

Just some food for thought, though, many quiet people full of love and a need for interaction is just many quiet people full of love and a need for interaction, alone. It depends on you what this community becomes.
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

sunshine-lollipops
sunshine-lollipops
Posted 6 hours ago
Tinkers_Island

Fountain_Blue Light_Mint
faith4faith
faith4faith
Posted 9 hours ago
I wish haluk would come back.
Kim100
Kim100