Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Color Talk»Lover's Lounge»Why does this have so many views?

Why does this have so many views?

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 8 of 8 Comments

ScienceFair

rotted_marble

It's bizarre! Nothing else I've done even comes close to number of views, but this one...It's just nuts! What could be the explanation for this? It seems so strange. If it was extraordinary in some way, then I could understand. Could it be some kind of glitch in the system? Any ideas? I'm stymied.

maryjd

Okay I might know why... if you look at this pattern for a long time you start to see faces, and bats and stuff. It's weird and like the shapes keep changing. It doesn't mean necessarily that any of that was put there on purpose, it's just because of the way our brains are wired to make sense of random shapes. My guess is someone out there is smoking crack every night and tuning into your pattern to wait for messages from aliens, demons or something. No it isn't me, or my cat.... BUWAHAHA!!

Luna Rosa

You're not going crazy (at least not alone, and isn't that a comforting thought:) It happens sometimes and I have no idea why. Like this one:
Under_The_Apple_Tree
It has has a fair few loves but the love : view ratio is way off. I assume it's just the colour pixies making mischief again:)

wist

Luna Rosa wrote:
You're not going crazy (at least not alone, and isn't that a comforting thought:) It happens sometimes and I have no idea why. Like this one:
Under_The_Apple_Tree
It has has a fair few loves but the love : view ratio is way off. I assume it's just the colour pixies making mischief again:)

This could be why your pattern has so many views:
http://pinterest.com/pin/21532904439949804/
I saw it there a day or two ago.

agathejs

same bizarre number of views ... I never share links of my CL anywhere so I can't explain it. I'll probably never know where it comes from.

Luna Rosa

Thanks for the link Wist. I've heard of pinterest before though I confess I'm not familiar with how it works. It's nice to see people liking my work, especially when they give me credit. However I'm thinking maybe the whole "view" count is a bit pointless and I've started a thread in the suggestion section here discussing whether or not it's even worth having. I personally don't think it is, though honestly it's not really an issue that keeps me up at night:)

Anomalin

Creations from Colourlovers show up on google if it has an unique name, my guess is lots of people have problems with rotting marble or something? But I like maryjd's theory a lot and will imagine that from now on for everything that has a huge viewcount.

ScienceFair

maryjd wrote:
Okay I might know why... if you look at this pattern for a long time you start to see faces, and bats and stuff. It's weird and like the shapes keep changing. It doesn't mean necessarily that any of that was put there on purpose, it's just because of the way our brains are wired to make sense of random shapes. My guess is someone out there is smoking crack every night and tuning into your pattern to wait for messages from aliens, demons or something. No it isn't me, or my cat.... BUWAHAHA!!

So...stoners. I can't stop chuckling at the idea of "Duuuuuuuuude...." I'm now going to imagine this getting passed around r/trees. Stoners. Yup, that's why I'm going with. Thanks maryjd! :)
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

always a time
always a time
Posted 11 hours ago
international_trend
maybe_someday
M00nSlippers
M00nSlippers
Posted 11 hours ago
Set_My_World_On_Fire
Tomato_Guts
SummerSolsticeGirl
SummerSolsticeGirl
Posted 17 hours ago
wow, Seahorse Girl's palettes really are gorgeous. If I were having a fall wedding or a winter wedding, I'd absolutely go with Bridal Belt.
SummerSolsticeGirl
SummerSolsticeGirl
Posted 17 hours ago
I was having so much fun here on CL that I forgotten my upcoming wedding was the reason that brought me here in the first place.

So, today, inspired by Seahorse Girl's palettes,

Bridal_BeltTolkien_Bride

I came up with this:
SSGs_WeddingPalette

I am pretty sure that is the blue I want. Now I just want to find a green and a silver that go well with it. The only difference in the following palette is the green.
SSGsWeddingPalette2

Any thoughts? Yay? Nay?
Hurricat
Hurricat
Posted 18 hours ago
Before_I_Go
Overruled

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Colors

//View More ›

Latest Palettes