Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Color Talk»Lover's Lounge»CL Pattern Thievery

CL Pattern Thievery

Create New Topic
Showing 181 - 190 of 190 Comments

Quijotesca

I wouldn't recommend disabling right clicking because it just causes headaches and there are ways around most scripts. I use my right click menu for navigating sometimes and it's how I access several extensions that have nothing to do with saving images. If I run into a roadblock, I just fire up the Firefox "Right to Click" extension and move on.

I'm more baffled by the fact that Creative Commons licensing was implemented, and yet the API completely ignores the "not for commercial use" option. I don't want to set all of my patterns to "All Rights Reserved" because I want people to use them. I don't want people to be charged for them by anyone, and that includes the site itself.

Gasp365

@ Quijotesca - Yes this has been part of the topic. Please read the backlog of this thread to understand why we've moved on to come to this point in the conversation.
Otherwise we keep going in circles.

American Women

This portion of CL thievery is brought to you by Pi!

Quijotesca

@Gasp365 - I'm pretty sure no one else is saying blocking right clicking is a bad idea, and that was my main point. I'm just seeing people saying it's a good idea.

OrigamiMei

Couldn't a block be applied to the site that specifically prevents right-clicking on photos rather than all content? Please forgive my ignorance. I don't know a lot about coding and scripts and such.

Gasp365

@ Quijotesca - Oh I should have clarified that I was referring to a licensing and copyright discussion we had and how we got to this point in the conversation.

GabsGiggles

Well.. I guess we can't continue fighting against external thieves when inside the community is ''allowed'' to do it. Double standard...

OrigamiMei

Never give up on what you believe is right, Gabs.

GabsGiggles

I don't ''believe'' this is right. THIS IS right. Norms are norm, laws are laws. No ''appreciations'' can change anything,,, But it would be hypocritical to speak on behalf of CL when people do the exact same thing :/
This is sad.
OrigamiMei wrote:
Never give up on what you believe is right, Gabs.
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

Padmaraga
Padmaraga
Posted 3 hours ago
Reserve
M00nSlippers
M00nSlippers
Posted 4 hours ago
Overflow
+
A_Star_Shines_For_Me
=
Sky_Stretches_Deep
M00nSlippers
M00nSlippers
Posted 4 hours ago
Overflow
Water_Take_Me

I love Florence And The Machine. My favorite song is "Rabbit Heart" but that one is also good. They're all good, really.

Next Song: Fitz & The Tantrums, "Fool's Gold"
M00nSlippers
M00nSlippers
Posted 5 hours ago
Cant_Stop_Now
+
Walking_on_Sand
=
Ill_Come_Running
DarkBlueMe4Ever
DarkBlueMe4Ever
Posted 5 hours ago