Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Color Talk»Lover's Lounge»Red- color of love

Red- color of love

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 17 of 17 Comments

Elena Iuliana

Is red really the color of love for you??

ちょわ もさ

yes. rgb is the color of love.

hannahdowker

yes it is for me that happens to be my faveoret color

MakSim

I would say yes- usually. Wait-when would I say no? Hmmm. Maybe purple too?
Легенда_о_жар-птицу

hannahdowker

i think the color red means passion <3

Elena Iuliana

Thanks for answering to my topic... I see the opinion concerning the red tone, but how about red lipstick ? I sincerely love it!

Jay KingSta!

Red is my favorite color in the whole world. It symbolizes so much to me. I reminds me that God Loved us so much that he would have his son die for us before letting our souls perish into darkness. He would go through so much pain and suffering that no human who ever lived could still have a strong spirit after experiencing. Just to save us all from our sins.

Elena Iuliana

Your perspective seems interesting as well. I didn't think that red can be also perceived from the point of view of god!

Jay KingSta!

Elena Iuliana wrote:
Your perspective seems interesting as well. I didn't think that red can be also perceived from the point of view of god!
Yes, thank you. different colors can mean different things when you relate them to the bible.

hannahdowker

yes but if you look back at all the stories that jesus told then his owrds are like a coat of many colors :)

Elena Iuliana

I wanted to know only some opinions concerning the color of love...

Elena Iuliana

and still waiting for more opinions...

earthyspring

For me it is PURPLE!!!
♥ ♥ ♥

Elena Iuliana

why do you say purple is the color of love for you? is it just your favorite color or whenever you see it you associate it with your feelings?

earthyspring

it is one of my favorite colors and I think it beats red when it comes to love...
♥ ♥ ♥

webcreations

Red is symbol of love that y it is mine favorite...
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

sundancer
sundancer
Posted 1 hour ago
I saw this palette of mine and thought it would be perfect for this new pattern that I absolutely fell in love with by Weirdy.

Imagination

And I didn't notice until I was done making it that this color is called...

The_Beast
wist
wist
Posted 3 hours ago
Exploding_Cosmos
+
Ø_you_havent_seen
=
explodingØ

The yellow is not 1/2 way between the colors, it is 2/3 way to the brighter yellow.
A z u r e
A z u r e
Posted 3 hours ago
such_a_typical_lie.
+
nós.
=
we_lie.
áfrica*
áfrica*
Posted 5 hours ago
P A L E T T E     B L E N D

South_Hampton★❛_KOREAN_GIRL_❜
❛_BREAKAWAY_❜
UPtimist
UPtimist
Posted 5 hours ago
Look, guys, let's not talk bad about Hana, okay? I know you're only speaking of your own experiences and I know that what happened was pretty shocking, but it's just... honestly, it's not fair. And it's a bit offensive. You're talking about someone with, as I understand, mental illness. I'd really hope for some empathy. And not just for her, for the people in here, too. I'm pretty sure that while people have mainly gotten over the incident, there are a lot of things that can be said that still can hurt people and cause emotions to flare up again. And I'd bet that it can sound pretty condescending and insulting to those who really were (or even are, I'm not sure) her close friends. Nothing good can come out of it, so please, let's try to just leave that be. I'm not saying the whole incident should be a taboo, but just try to be kind to everyone.

Anyways, you touched on some subjects there that were, I think, very good points. And since people are talking about this anyways, I'll give a quick take even though I said I wouldn't. I think the whole change can be summed up with one word: commercialization. I'm sure it was done with the best intentions, but unfortunately some of those intentions were bound to take away from the community as it had been.

It's hard to explain, but slowly the whole essence of the site changed in many ways. It used to feel like everyone was in it just for the colors - both the community and the people behind the website. Jeeze, those people were a part of the community. Seamless (especially Studio; Lite was still so limiting that it was still just about fun and experimenting with its limits) made people care much more about things like IP and flooded the site with so much you couldn't follow anymore. The contests brought in competitiveness (which resulted in a bad mix with people protecting their patterns and everything) and caring about winning, etc. Then, we got the Creative Market, which finally killed all CL original content. Every article is nowadays about something to do with selling Community Market or other such products. Also, I have no idea who is in charge anymore, haven't for a couple years.

So, when originally we had a smaller, tightly-knit community of people doing colour stuff with very limited tools (just a few original patterns to colour and the palette tools), we then got flooded with content (that brought and created a larger, more disinterested, competitive crowd) on a site that had no longer catered to the little community's love for colour but rather for a designers' market.

When I came to the site, you could always thank someone for loves, they would respond back, you'd chat a bit, getting followers was a big deal - a hundred was a lot. Nowadays, there's just too much. These things don't matter anymore, people thank each other so that they can just get more clicks on their palettes. I do still meet lovely people here on occasion, and I love all the people I've gotten to know here over the years (and some have become honestly my most cherished, intimate friends that mean the world to me) - but nowadays the site is for me more a place to talk to those people than to actually love the colours. I do do that on occasion, but very rarely.

But like o2b so well put it, sometimes the community comes back, sometimes it fades away. Internet is a fickle beastt (is that even the right saying? :P)

áfrica* wrote:
Those of you who have been here longer than I have (I don't think I ever got to 'meet' Anna, for example), what do you think was behind the popularity of CL back then? Could we recreate some of it now? Were there more challenges that got people excited, for example? Were the people behind CL more active back then (it seems they're somewhat inactive now since there's quite a bit of spam going around)?

I loved CL in 2013 and I still love it now two years later, but if there was a way to bring more joy back to CL & have more people share their creativity again, I'd love to try it out ☺ It's the people who make CL so enjoyable after all, for me, at least.
To try to very shortly summarize my impression (that I said above but it might get lost): I think it was the small community, working with limited tools. It brought the inventivenes in people, which also meant that people worked together more building on each others' work :) (In love and harmonyyyy.... :D) And then later, as o2b so perceptively noticed, the work of Anna (ycc) and others who introduced and hard-workingly kept up those fun community games

And I still always have Cesaria Evora playing in my head when I see your name <3 ^^

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Colors

//View More ›

Latest Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Patterns

//View More ›