Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Color Talk»Lover's Lounge»Having Fun Naming Colors? :)

Having Fun Naming Colors? :)

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 14 of 14 Comments

danpuzzle

I recently discovered Colour Lovers.com and the first time I saw it I was hooked on it because a get a chance to name colors which is actually Fun :)

By the way, Please Check out and Puzzle Skratch! Page on Facebook thanks! :D

silverbirds

Yeah! I agree! I think it is really fun! The most of the time I absolutely invent the names of the colors and these names often make me laugh because they make no sense and some of them sound really funny! I imagine all of us saying, for example:

"I bought an amaioio t-shirt."
Amaioio" />
"Look how beautiful my new mamipapi trousers are!."
Mamipapi" />

Hahaha, yeeeeeah!

Vanilla Angel Imp

I'm so un-creative with naming. >w<

danpuzzle

hahaha thats funny silverbirds! :) i'm using my "named" colors as reference in mixing paints :)

danpuzzle

Vanilla Angel Imp wrote:

don't over-think about the name :) i always put "Puzzle" on my colors to have my trademark :)

MakSim

Vanilla Angel Imp wrote:

It's ok Imp. I usually name my pallets after people (such as Nyusha) and colors after a song or lyrics from a song. The only exception is "Platye" from my "Marina Maksimova" Pallete... Platye (the dark green) means 'dress' in Russian...and Platye is the color for the dress. Naming colors in foreign languages is great too. :) Hope this helped.

maza548

its awesome how you can name a color, the red one its for love the yellow its for jealous hahaha its great

ちょわ もさ

when you have named some 1000 colors, I suppose we should be tired of naming the colors !

sundancer

I'm running out of color name ideas! LOL

ちょわ もさ

sundancer wrote:
I'm running out of color name ideas! LOL

I never run out of that. I keep it simple.

STRiPESandShades

I like picking color names wondering what poor sap will end up making a palette/pattern with them:

Firefly_Butt
AbductedBytheDutch
What_She_Said

Also, "Color Me Impressed"!
Impressed

thicket

I love naming the colours. I like to pretend I'm naming makeup. :P Sometimes I think about getting the various micas & creating my own makeup palettes named after the colours I've made.

STRiPESandShades

CL should make a makeup line! Or find a company that will do custom eyeshadow palettes and team up so we can wear our creations!

thicket wrote:
I love naming the colours. I like to pretend I'm naming makeup. :P Sometimes I think about getting the various micas & creating my own makeup palettes named after the colours I've made.
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

WendyAndBuster
WendyAndBuster
Posted
love_you_forever.
+
waiting_to_live.
=
waiting_for_love.
WendyAndBuster
WendyAndBuster
Posted
love_in_your_eyes.
+
to_live_forever.
=
love_you_forever.
WendyAndBuster
WendyAndBuster
Posted
to_live_forever.
+
waited_forever.
=
waiting_to_live.
ColourPhreak
ColourPhreak
Posted 9 hours ago
Same here and for others also...posted in Lover's Lounge that Seamless Studio won't upload anything to CL. About 5-6 days ago I tried to upload a pattern I created and it won't upload. Have even tested Seamless Lite on here to see if it would work and no luck. Unfortunately it doesn't look like there is anything being done to fix it....no admin has even acknowledged that there is a problem.I just hope it gets fixed soon.

oneflowerchild wrote:
For some reason I cannot seem to save my patterns, pattern templates, nothing, it won't let me save anything. I'm getting very frustrated. UGH! I create a pattern or a pattern template and I click on save, and a little circle appears and just spins forever! Can someone help me please? I sent an e-mail to contact CL. but I have not gotten a reply. I have a few things that I created the first day I signed up, but ever since that 1 day I have been unable to save anything. Please, any help would be appreciated. TYVM Tammy.
Trixxie
Trixxie
Posted 17 hours ago
When I am using Google Chrome, I get those weird ads - mostly crap stuff like "We can't believe they kept this secret so long" or "2017 Vehicle Study" like Yersinia was describing.

So I tried using other browsers. With Safari and Firefox browsers I get the regular "ad choice" ads that we have normally been seeing.

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Colors

//View More ›

Latest Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Patterns

//View More ›