Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Color Talk»Lover's Lounge»Having Fun Naming Colors? :)

Having Fun Naming Colors? :)

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 14 of 14 Comments

danpuzzle

I recently discovered Colour Lovers.com and the first time I saw it I was hooked on it because a get a chance to name colors which is actually Fun :)

By the way, Please Check out and Puzzle Skratch! Page on Facebook thanks! :D

silverbirds

Yeah! I agree! I think it is really fun! The most of the time I absolutely invent the names of the colors and these names often make me laugh because they make no sense and some of them sound really funny! I imagine all of us saying, for example:

"I bought an amaioio t-shirt."
Amaioio" />
"Look how beautiful my new mamipapi trousers are!."
Mamipapi" />

Hahaha, yeeeeeah!

Vanilla Angel Imp

I'm so un-creative with naming. >w<

danpuzzle

hahaha thats funny silverbirds! :) i'm using my "named" colors as reference in mixing paints :)

danpuzzle

Vanilla Angel Imp wrote:

don't over-think about the name :) i always put "Puzzle" on my colors to have my trademark :)

MakSim

Vanilla Angel Imp wrote:

It's ok Imp. I usually name my pallets after people (such as Nyusha) and colors after a song or lyrics from a song. The only exception is "Platye" from my "Marina Maksimova" Pallete... Platye (the dark green) means 'dress' in Russian...and Platye is the color for the dress. Naming colors in foreign languages is great too. :) Hope this helped.

maza548

its awesome how you can name a color, the red one its for love the yellow its for jealous hahaha its great

ちょわ もさ

when you have named some 1000 colors, I suppose we should be tired of naming the colors !

sundancer

I'm running out of color name ideas! LOL

ちょわ もさ

sundancer wrote:
I'm running out of color name ideas! LOL

I never run out of that. I keep it simple.

STRiPESandShades

I like picking color names wondering what poor sap will end up making a palette/pattern with them:

Firefly_Butt
AbductedBytheDutch
What_She_Said

Also, "Color Me Impressed"!
Impressed

thicket

I love naming the colours. I like to pretend I'm naming makeup. :P Sometimes I think about getting the various micas & creating my own makeup palettes named after the colours I've made.

STRiPESandShades

CL should make a makeup line! Or find a company that will do custom eyeshadow palettes and team up so we can wear our creations!

thicket wrote:
I love naming the colours. I like to pretend I'm naming makeup. :P Sometimes I think about getting the various micas & creating my own makeup palettes named after the colours I've made.

sundancer

STRiPESandShades wrote:
CL should make a makeup line! Or find a company that will do custom eyeshadow palettes and team up so we can wear our creations!

Ahahaha!!! I'm way ahead of you. I actually proposed this A WHILE back and only one person responded. Origamimei. My business is Eskimo Kissez and i make custom bath, body, and beauty products. My idea was to have a color naming contest for my eyeshadow on colourlovers and the winners got the eyeshadows named with their colors and won free eyeshadow but maybe no one saw my post. In fact, i can't even find it myself!

Here's my website
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

DarkBlueMe4Ever
DarkBlueMe4Ever
Posted 1 hour ago
Shinning_Sparkles_♥

+

Trapped_In_Repose

=

Shiny_Trap
Psycho Jello
Psycho Jello
Posted 1 hour ago
Searching...
+
Sugar
=
Sky_Dancer
DarkBlueMe4Ever
DarkBlueMe4Ever
Posted 3 hours ago
Jzhuc_CLAD

+

Hello_2014

=

Hello_Jzhuc!

Hello_Jzhuc!
DarkBlueMe4Ever
DarkBlueMe4Ever
Posted 3 hours ago
Natural_Hues
rosych33ks
rosych33ks
Posted 3 hours ago

(Blue honestly it's a game not a race, give me a second to put some thought into what I'm making before you skip over me. D:)

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Colors

//View More ›

Latest Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Patterns

//View More ›