Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Color Talk»Lover's Lounge»Favorites, Followers, where?!

Favorites, Followers, where?!

Create New Topic
Showing 21 - 29 of 29 Comments
I didn't say they're trolling because they don't know where loves and faves are. My statement was made because they were complaining about something that was obviously cleared up a long time ago and they took the initiative to find this post, which has been dormant for almost a year, yet they supposedly don't know how to find loves and faves. I found it hard to believe. Plus I didn't notice that Liebling had cleared up the issue.

I've already explained the reason behind my response. And I've cleared it up with him via love note. :)

Faeleia wrote:
.... It's probably a bit aggressive to say someone is trolling because they don't know where the loves and faves are. At least 'fromcolourlovers' sounded sincere in their question. the picture feels a bit hurtful too.

Can't expect everyone to know CL as well as most of us do when we spend hours and hours here looking at colours ^^;
I wanted to get to my faves quicker and so I posted the hyperlink on my profile page. However this should be easier.

I think that it would be much more logical if the icons up top on the profile page would lead to a page showing all the favorites, and all the palettes, and all the colors etc..

The numbers show the Total Count. And the titles are all in Plural Form. So it's very logical when each icon would lead to a page showing a collection rather than a single piece.

OrigamiMei wrote:
they took the initiative to find this post, which has been dormant for almost a year, yet they supposedly don't know how to find loves and faves.

"Seach engines". You know, you enter some seach words, something comes up, you click. This thread is apparently wery well indexed.

I found it hard to believe.

No comment.
OrigamiMei wrote:
Here's a question for you: what would you change to make the interface better, in your opinion?

Hey wonderful, good question.

Short answer: a few menu items in the interface or a few additional buttons in the top bar would be enough to solve what is discussed here. Easy. This site's global design is quite outstanding, so I would not want that to change.
Gasp365 wrote:
IThe numbers show the Total Count. And the titles are all in Plural Form. So it's very logical when each icon would lead to a page showing a collection rather than a single piece.

Or even simply a visual sign that the Total Count is clickable.

That's a worldwide convention: if something is clickable, make it known visually. As it is, there is no reason to click one of these numbers.

Actually, that little modification is probably both the easiest to do, and the most useful.
Woot. Making progress. :D
I agree that making it known that the numbers are clickable is a good idea.I also think it's a great idea to have more icons on the top bar. If not more icons in the top bar, perhaps a couple of short cuts in the drop-down menu under the username in the top right corner.
Those three things are not mutually exclusive. And most importantly, do not compromise the site design, which I think is exceptionally good.

The visual feedback for the clickable bits of a site is expected, and for good reason. It's absurd to believe your site visitors will decide to spend their *whole* lives here, in *your* site. They all visit many sites. If you think your site has good content (obviously the case here), then help the visitor concentrate on the content, not on site manipulation. And don't ask her to remember, oh, that little bit here does not seem clickable, but actually it is, and this is where my own faves are hidden.

As for the top icons and the user drop-down menu, they are already assigned to the user, they "belong" to her, so they are a natural place for possible additions to user functions.

About the faves, loves and such, placing them where they are now was, I think, the best way. Or will be, if someone is reading and is willing to add a little something for visual feedback 8-D

Cheers all.
OrigamiMei wrote:
perhaps a couple of short cuts in the drop-down menu under the username in the top right corner.

now that you said that, I really want this. I'd LOVE to be able to easily access my stuff from any page, not just my profile. and it could be done if shortcuts like that were made.

it's hilarious and maybe a little sad that I never thought about it before but WOW.
We should have an easy access panel with all the customizable shortcuts we need. With maybe a floating or slide in and out panel with notification too
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

paulsky555
paulsky555
$$$$ Hot Hot Hot $$$$
You need fullz to register Create driver accounts spark driver, Contact me now
Telegram: @Paulsky555
paulsky555
paulsky555
$$$$ Hot Hot Hot $$$$
paulsky555
paulsky555
$$$$ Hot Hot Hot $$$$
paulsky555
paulsky555
$$$$ Hot Hot Hot $$$$
paulsky555
paulsky555
$$$$ Hot Hot Hot $$$$

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Colors

//View More ›

Latest Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Patterns

//View More ›
X

Terms Updated

We’d like to inform you that we have updated our Terms of Use. The most substantive changes are:

This platform was acquired by a joint venture in Israel.
changes have been made to the relevant jurisdiction for disputes which may arise out of your use of the platform.
Changes made to the monetization of users’ creations and the ability to opt out from your account settings.

Please view the revised Terms here. If you don’t mind anything there, then you don’t need to do anything. Your continued use of the platform will constitute your acceptance of the latest version of the Terms. If you disagree with anything there, you can terminate your account within seven days from today.