Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Color Talk»Lover's Lounge»Seriously?

Seriously?

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 9 of 9 Comments
Does this site have any real admin now? And if so, what are they doing? The blog is mainly irrelevant and plagiarized material. The person claiming to be an editor hardly seems legit. The ad situation is bad. The site layout is bad. I can no longer create palettes on my phone or on my laptop.

I miss messing around with colors here! I’ve been away for a while because of an incredibly busy life and because I had hoped that the site would get straightened up. Could someone please do something to improve CL so those of us who wish to come back and play can do so?
Third try trying to reply to a post. Not even going to bother posting the screenshot of my ad-choked profile page.
That worked. So "Some HTML OK" is no longer true.
I doubt the ads will go away. I was on one of American Women's pattern pages yesterday. Pattern is called "Touché" and the stock images that popped up to page left that were tagged with that name were of women naked from the waist down. And one of the ads above that featured a discussion about how long marijuana stays in your system. This is a new low.

Apparently there is an admin called Ana. Try contacting her.
I feel so sorry that CL became such a mess... Tbh, I have no idea who is in charge of this site, but whoever they are, I hope they'll notice how everyone is disappointed with what it became and try to adress the most important issues. I don't say that everything has to be fixed in one day, but it would be great to have some kind of response in which they say if they are wiling to improve the site acknowledging community's voice.
Hey Panina, Worf, Glenna, and Kotomi! Great to see some familiar faces (er, names! :P) The admin that you spoke of, Glenna, is the one I find suspicious. I don't believe she/he/whatever is actually a member of the CL team. The biggest red flag for me is the fact that this person doesn't have a "team" badge across their user icon. Every other staff member is identified as being part of the team. And secondly, this person hasn't logged in to CL for over a month. That seems strange to me!
P.S. Is the "fave" button missing for anyone else?
I'm digging this out again...

Worf Thaddeus wrote:
I doubt the ads will go away. I was on one of American Women's pattern pages yesterday. Pattern is called "Touché" and the stock images that popped up to page left that were tagged with that name were of women naked from the waist down. And one of the ads above that featured a discussion about how long marijuana stays in your system. This is a new low.

Same problems here, the stock photos are sometimes some kind of a weird joke. Something was simply called 'me'. Why do I get stock photos containing nudity there? Or a color named 'faint stain' is represented by an image tagged... domestic violence. And it shows a person lying on the floor with bloody hands and a knife. Yeah, I know I can just laugh it off, but it kinda takes from the pleasant experience of looking on a creation. Besides, I've brought my younger sister to this site recently and she's a little disturbed by stuff like that...

And the ads! I have nothing against not-malicious, not-popup ads - if I'm not paying for the service, it's a fair deal to see ads here and there. But this ones are just of the worst kind - some weird illegal betting and gambling, sites luring you for 'free money, no working', women in questionable poses, 'we-have-some-weird-medicine-so-we'll-show-you-sick-internal-organs' type of things...

OrigamiMei wrote:
P.S. Is the "fave" button missing for anyone else?

There is nothing wrong with my fave button, but I have no notifications or notes buttons which is pretty annoying >:( Also recent forum posts summary on the left doesn't work well with longer posts since then they're clipping through each other.

All in all, no one cares for this site anymore and it's sad. Some people were recommending some alternative colour site, but I can't access it since it doesn't meet European criteria anymore. Sorry for bringing this negativity back but I hate this kind of situation when you can only look at it and roll your eyes.
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

eighteyed
eighteyed
{spill_your_soul}
+
Not_A_One_of_Them
=
Illegal_Outsource
eighteyed
eighteyed
Sorry, set my default to rights reserved a while ago. You should be able to copy now.
sparrowandcompass
sparrowandcompass
for some reason i can't copy the badge code for Nap At Dusk ?
http://www.colourlovers.com/palette/4578250/Nap_At_Dusk

2 above + 3 below
plum_fine
=
{a_fine_nap}
sparrowandcompass
sparrowandcompass
what a fun word!
{jellybean}
next: kitchen
sparrowandcompass
sparrowandcompass