Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Color Talk»Lover's Lounge»HELP with researching artist Attiya Hussein

HELP with researching artist Attiya Hussein

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 6 of 6 Comments

Architela

I've just bought a painting and I want to find out about the artist and the context. I can't find anything through a Google search.

All I know: The artist is Attiya Hussein, and I believe he/she is Egyptian (maybe Cairo specifically). The painting is dated 1985, so fairly contemporary.

If you know anything about contemporary Egyptian art -- or anyone who knows -- please tell me and also spread the word. THANK YOU!

This is my painting:
m.jpg
The Rooster's Tale

ragtag

yeah Egyptian I guess.

Try using this as keyword

لوحة عطية حسين

I found a book about contemporary art in the Arab land, will not read it thou :-)
https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=G8OyAwAAQBAJ&pg=PA63&lpg=PA63&dq=لوحة+عطية+حسين&source=bl&ots=VcLfX-hgFF&sig=acpDibmZ1JDaaY6WnuC74zTUd1A&hl=en&sa=X&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=لوحة%20عطية%20حسين&f=false

ragtag

I can ask my Egyptian friend on Facebook :-) if I find something, I'll post here.

eighteyed

What a cool piece!

ragtag

My friend does not know =(

anyway it is pretty cool, love it too =) Just weird proportions I guess.
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

kittycheshire
kittycheshire
Posted
homeless_creature

Next: light up the sky
kittycheshire
kittycheshire
kittycheshire
Posted
I had already created a palette for Pascal so I'm just going to post that one ;)
Pascal_the_Frog

Next: Flit (from Pocahontas)
Lilith underground
ChequeredLily

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Colors

//View More ›

Latest Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Patterns

//View More ›