Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Color Talk»Lover's Lounge»a lot of views - without loves

a lot of views - without loves

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 8 of 8 Comments
I am not sure how many active members there are - but my palettes get 2-3, max 11 likes per day and 100 views. I understand there will be some who simply don't like to add it to their love list - I see palettes got 3000 likes.
I don't think any palette gets 3000 loves in a day anymore, without a glitch. Those days ended before 2011. Numbers like that are a cumulative running total.
Many people who use this site are professionals, who use color in business. They are not into the social aspect. They are simply looking for website color or newsletter/brochure inspiration, something like that. Others are lurkers, who may not have an account at all, but simply check in once in a while to look. Some are using the site on the ColorSchemer App (although many fewer all the time, because it's so buggy now), or through colorschemer.com, or even Pinterest, where there is an additional layer removing them from your button, or interacting with you. Some of us have been here for an awfully long time and have seen thousands of palettes go by, and while we may enjoy new palettes very much, it takes a lot to move us even to clicking, because we've seen most combinations before. My bad, if that's me. In any case, what I'm trying to say is don't let it bother you. Make palettes for yourself, and as you go along, you will get greater loves. Get to know people here and you will win greater loves. But you can have a fantastic palette with very few loves. I have tons of those. Social validation doesn't mean quality at all. Just saying.

Lately, some of my palettes have been getting a lot of views with very few likes, and I wonder who those people are. My feeling is they are not regulars on the site. But who knows?

For example:
Magic_Lithograph
Synthetic
Hoyden_Values
yes - this is what I was thinking too - with so many views // very few likes - it is interesting to see who are these people viewing so much. Clicking love on a palette takes as much time as clicking view the palette.

Maybe the administrators can find a way to like the palette without viewing like a small heart button under the palette.
Well, it's that way on the app... on the app you can even look at the color names, You can heart it, but you can't post anything on the palette. I hope someday someone updates the app... but I doubt it. You could request a feature like that on ColorBuffs.com, where they are working on their mobile version of the site along with the full site. It's run by colourlovers who had good reason to think CL would shut down, in the bad old days before Darius bought the site back from AutoDesk.
Why is this an issue again? Didn't we have a similar thread a while back?

CL is not a popularity contest, or at least it shouldn't be.
Sure it's nice when your creations are loved, but the main focus should be on having fun and being creative, and not on "why are other people getting more likes than meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?!!???"

I don't mean the OP personally with this, but a lot of younger members (I noticed we've had an influx of teenagers again lately) do not seem to grasp that this is not the place to run around begging people for likes and follows.
why are you so aggressive and rude?!

I have been a member for the past 5+ years and I'm just saying that I like to have a more thriving community where people support each other and have fun. It has nothing to do with popularity. When someone's work is appreciated - it is more fun.
miss.lucky wrote:
why are you so aggressive and rude?!

I have been a member for the past 5+ years and I'm just saying that I like to have a more thriving community where people support each other and have fun. It has nothing to do with popularity. When someone's work is appreciated - it is more fun.

I was neither aggressive nor rude.
I stated my opinion of people fretting about the number of loves they receive.
Like I wrote above: I don't mean the OP personally with this... ,
the OP being you, I was not talking about you, but members asking others to like their creations.
Some people are just talking about the issue because they find it interesting, and may not have read past threads. How depressing to have to consider all prior threads, especially under the spam, before posting anything. It is interesting, though, to have, say, 90 views but no likes. What does it mean? It at least means you're doing something right, because they clicked. We can't make them love. It's a tough, jaded crowd, though, to be sure.
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

paulsky555
paulsky555
13 hours ago
$$$$ Hot Hot Hot $$$$
You need fullz to register Create driver accounts spark driver, Contact me now
Telegram: @Paulsky555
paulsky555
paulsky555
13 hours ago
$$$$ Hot Hot Hot $$$$
paulsky555
paulsky555
13 hours ago
$$$$ Hot Hot Hot $$$$
paulsky555
paulsky555
14 hours ago
$$$$ Hot Hot Hot $$$$
paulsky555
paulsky555
14 hours ago
$$$$ Hot Hot Hot $$$$

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Colors

//View More ›

Latest Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Patterns

//View More ›
X

Terms Updated

We’d like to inform you that we have updated our Terms of Use. The most substantive changes are:

This platform was acquired by a joint venture in Israel.
changes have been made to the relevant jurisdiction for disputes which may arise out of your use of the platform.
Changes made to the monetization of users’ creations and the ability to opt out from your account settings.

Please view the revised Terms here. If you don’t mind anything there, then you don’t need to do anything. Your continued use of the platform will constitute your acceptance of the latest version of the Terms. If you disagree with anything there, you can terminate your account within seven days from today.