Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Color Talk»Lover's Lounge»Hello again old friends... (The Future of COLOURlovers)

Hello again old friends... (The Future of COLOURlovers)

Create New Topic
Showing 21 - 40 of 43 Comments
I absolutely agree that we need a block feature.
I also think we need to put to bed a certain IP address because a certain someone is making the CL experience rather unpleasant for quite a few of us.

watery wrote:
Hey Darius.

I am thrilled to be back and if I can be of any help, do any design work, please let me know.

I wish we could have a more safer site. Block people if we can, or stop notifications from certain people. Everybody has so many different accounts and it's not a safe place to be.

I have been bullied, insulted, manipulated on Colourlovers with multiple account on different occasions. Me and another friend too. We need to have a much safer place. Maybe just by blocking people or reporting their profiles.
I am not sure who you are referring to but I wish I could block certain people who have bothered me in the past or enjoy mocking others online.

OrigamiMei wrote:
I absolutely agree that we need a block feature.
I also think we need to put to bed a certain IP address because a certain someone is making the CL experience rather unpleasant for quite a few of us.

watery wrote:
Hey Darius.

I am thrilled to be back and if I can be of any help, do any design work, please let me know.

I wish we could have a more safer site. Block people if we can, or stop notifications from certain people. Everybody has so many different accounts and it's not a safe place to be.

I have been bullied, insulted, manipulated on Colourlovers with multiple account on different occasions. Me and another friend too. We need to have a much safer place. Maybe just by blocking people or reporting their profiles.
Hi Luna, (Hi everyone!):
I also wanted to renew my sponsorship. However whenever I click that button on my home page, it takes me to my profile page, but no option to renew sponsorship appears.
Darius, can you assist me with this if you get a moment?
Thanks
I'm a little late responding to this because I've been away but I'd just like to add my voice to the chorus of people singing about what a glorious thing you have done Darius! Just the fact that you care enough about this community to buy it back is both heartwarming and inspiring and I'm sure we can all be patient and grateful for any updates you can manage.

In the meantime, I'm wanting to renew my membership, both to help contribute and to get rid of ads. Are we able to this or has it been suspended? I can't seem to find the link anywhere.
There seems to be a resurgence of the forum and palette spam in the last few days. I just wondered if something was different.
Probably the fix it team hasn't had a chance to make a part-time appearance.
Okay. Thanks! I thought that when they switched servers that they had made it harder for the spammers/bots/computers to post.
Team
The switch of servers was not in any way to remove spam. It was to greatly reduce the cost of running the site so that Darius can continue to run it on his own dime. I am looking to address the spam issues by including better captcha functionality on creating content like palates, colors, etc, in addition to account creation. In addition to that, if someone who uses the site regularly would be willing to be a moderator, we could help not only programmatically stop it but also retroactively stop anything that still slips through the cracks.
Thanks for answering! Better captcha would be excellent! I'll be glad to keep my trap shut & let you work on that.
There are plenty of people on this site who've been chomping at the bit to be allowed to be moderators. With sufficient guidelines as to how and what they would be doing, that would be a great help to the site! Thanks very much, Matt!
Would you like for those willing to help to loveNote you? Or, when you are at the point where moderator(s) could be used will you just issue a 'call' for volunteers?
mattwallington wrote:
The switch of servers was not in any way to remove spam. It was to greatly reduce the cost of running the site so that Darius can continue to run it on his own dime. I am looking to address the spam issues by including better captcha functionality on creating content like palates, colors, etc, in addition to account creation. In addition to that, if someone who uses the site regularly would be willing to be a moderator, we could help not only programmatically stop it but also retroactively stop anything that still slips through the cracks.
Personally, I'd like to see some kind of consensus nomination for moderators. Many people will volunteer, but some are more diplomatic than others. I do not volunteer myself, because I don't want the role, but I would like to see some quieter members who have demonstrated years of service to the site put forward. Just saying.
I agree. I feel that neutral individuals would be the best choice for moderators.

eighteyed wrote:
Personally, I'd like to see some kind of consensus nomination for moderators. Many people will volunteer, but some are more diplomatic than others. I do not volunteer myself, because I don't want the role, but I would like to see some quieter members who have demonstrated years of service to the site put forward. Just saying.
I assume Matt is talking about keeping down the tide of spam. If the moderator(s)' role is limited to removing obvious spammers that would be great. From reading past forums when there were administrators, they didn't seem to step in over just differences of opinion that arose. I don't think that would change.
But, if some spammer/bot started with the 'download this' 'stream that' 'buy this cut-rate medicine' spam-junk, that could be dealt with.pronto.
mattwallington wrote:
I am looking to address the spam issues by including better captcha functionality on creating content like palates, colors, etc, in addition to account creation. In addition to that, if someone who uses the site regularly would be willing to be a moderator, we could help not only programmatically stop it but also retroactively stop anything that still slips through the cracks.
mattwallington wrote:
In addition to that, if someone who uses the site regularly would be willing to be a moderator, we could help not only programmatically stop it but also retroactively stop anything that still slips through the cracks.

I have offered my services to be a moderator more than once. I'll put that offer out once again. I'd be happy to take on that role - I have the time and have been a long time member.

Matt, please send me a note if you'd like to talk more about the role as moderator.

Thanks in advance for all the great work!
Trixxie :)
Team
My point for moderators is to help combat the spam. This is Darius' decision as the site is his, I just help out. Darius will have to make the decision on when/who, etc. My guess is that he would be happy to have moderators but we will have to wait to see what his thoughts are there. I'm guessing he would also be very diplomatic in any approach that is taken (cause we love that guy right?).

Darius, Please jump in here on the moderation topic when you can.

Thanks,
Matt
Thanks for the spam-fighting & moderator info, Matt! I really really appreciate your taking time to respond to this thread. Thanks for your help.
I agree with faith4faith and would like to thank You too for preserving ths site from spammers and also for enjoying my free time coloring!Thank You so much!!

Best warm regards ,
H.
Awww I just realized we will be loosing Photocopa. This is unfortunate as most of us love it :-(
Watery, all we have to do is build a miniscule color picker into the site, where we can load an image address, just as we do into photocopa, see the picture and harvest the colors off of it just as we do anyway, and not have to store the image. I use one I found and installed in my browser (firefox). It's called Rainbow, and I learned about it years ago from ycc2106. If we wanted to start a forum thread just with URLs of great images to share and discuss, we could do that today. If people want to download elsewhere and then display an image on the site from another image host, such as imgur or photobucket, they can and do that already.
Oh that's cool. I thought we would lose it completely .
eighteyed wrote:
Watery, all we have to do is build a miniscule color picker into the site, where we can load an image address, just as we do into photocopa, see the picture and harvest the colors off of it just as we do anyway, and not have to store the image. I use one I found and installed in my browser (firefox). It's called Rainbow, and I learned about it years ago from ycc2106. If we wanted to start a forum thread just with URLs of great images to share and discuss, we could do that today. If people want to download elsewhere and then display an image on the site from another image host, such as imgur or photobucket, they can and do that already.
Wouldn't a simple re-captcha help a little? Normally I am not a fan of those either, but I miss my colour love!
Edit: My reading skills are bot-like. Glad it's in the making and I hope it helps.
eighteyed wrote:

Do you know of a Chrome variant of Rainbow?
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

ShiversTheNinja
ShiversTheNinja
From what I can gather the Sphinx server has been down for over a month and the forums are inundated with spam. I want all my old patterns back but I can't even view my profile. What is going on? Was the site abandoned?
paulsky555
paulsky555
Hot Service – Today New Update

Fullz SSN DOB DL USA
Fullz CA + SIN
Sell info fullz SSN + Dob + DL – Sell Info Fullz Dead UK USA

Telegram: Paulsky555
paulsky555
paulsky555

Fullz SSN DOB DL USA
Fullz CA + SIN

paulsky555
paulsky555

Fullz SSN DOB DL USA
Fullz CA + SIN

paulsky555
paulsky555

Fullz SSN DOB DL USA
Fullz CA + SIN

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Colors

//View More ›

Latest Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Patterns

//View More ›
X

Terms Updated

We’d like to inform you that we have updated our Terms of Use. The most substantive changes are:

This platform was acquired by a joint venture in Israel.
changes have been made to the relevant jurisdiction for disputes which may arise out of your use of the platform.
Changes made to the monetization of users’ creations and the ability to opt out from your account settings.

Please view the revised Terms here. If you don’t mind anything there, then you don’t need to do anything. Your continued use of the platform will constitute your acceptance of the latest version of the Terms. If you disagree with anything there, you can terminate your account within seven days from today.