Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Color Talk»Lover's Lounge»Create Your Own Fabric

Create Your Own Fabric

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 15 of 15 Comments
woah! woah! woah!!!!

Thanks so much for posting this! So many people have told me my art would make good fabric and this gives me the option for doing that!
I've been looking for something like this! I've been experimenting and found out, however, that subtle muted colors don't work very well. I was trying for this color (one of liddle_r's, as it happens):
manifest_the_mystery
but couldn't come close. I'll just have to try working in brighter colors, then.

You can download swatches for Illustrator and Photoshop that contain the subset of colors.
It's a cool idea but at $32 per yard ...
Thanks for that good information, Just Perfect Color. I'd love to have swatches of the patterns I've created. If I could sew (or, rather, if I were willing to spend time sewing), I think I'd make placemats and napkins using my own designs.
liddle_r wrote:
woah! woah! woah!!!!

Thanks so much for posting this! So many people have told me my art would make good fabric and this gives me the option for doing that!

I've seen your squiggles and I agree! I'm imagining curtains and throw pillows. :)
GreenMyEyes wrote:
Thanks for that good information, Just Perfect Color. I'd love to have swatches of the patterns I've created. If I could sew (or, rather, if I were willing to spend time sewing), I think I'd make placemats and napkins using my own designs.

I think napkins and placemats could be really nice! I wonder if one could do just the ColourLovers palettes and not just pattern repeats? Maybe you could put them on Etsy or something and make some moola.
I was so excited to see that you can get your patterns in fabric now! There are quite a few patterns I made that I wanted to make little things out of as I plan the re-design of my living space, and now I can ^^.
I've tried both Spoonflower and Karma.

Color: Karma has one big plus: it uses reactive dyes and can print everything in the CMYK color set. Spoonflower had a limit gamut -- pretty large, but lacking particularly in browns. And sometimes gradient effects don't work as well as you would wish.
Cost: Spoonflower is less expensive, particularly because you can order swatches. Quality was good on both.
Location: Spoonflower's presses are in the US, but Karma uses presses in China.
Other Services: Karma can arrange for your designs to be made into tablecloths, scarves, bags, etc. (for a fee) ; as far as I know, Spoonflower doesn't offer this.

Just like everything else in life, each one has some advantages and some disadvantages.

For a Christmas present, I used Karma to make a tablecloth out of one of my designs; I then reversed the colors in the same design and had them make napkins. The recipient loved them -- or at least said she did, which is all that counts. :^)
So glad to see this post. Thank you. The info is fantastic.

As for the cost of fabrics, that depends on the quality of the fabric. Everyday fabric at places like JoAnne's Fabric or Hancock Fabric is less expensive because of the quality. It's good, but not the kind quilters normally use. Unless it's designated as a quilt shop quality fabric.

On the other hand, if you go into a shop specifically for quilters that carries "quilt shop quality fabric" it will be more expensive. It's heavier weight. The dyes are better. The quality of the image is better.

That is because professional quilters do not want to spend months creating a quilt with lower quality fabric. Only the best will do.

Hope that helps. I suggest you compare the look and feel of these fabrics for yourself sometime. It's really an education.

CP
How's about this spear boy on a fabric-rug maybe?!
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

paulsky555
paulsky555
11 hours ago
---------- Welcome To My Store ----------

REAL INFOS FULLZ SSN DOB + DL ( DRIVING LICENSE ) Fresh 100% for all state ( FL,CA,UT,TX,MN,PA,OH...etc)-

UPDATE 2024 SELL Driver's License Document(front+back+ssn)-Document Social Security Number USA (Telegram: paulsky555)

Telegram: @paulsky555 - ( Name: Mr. Paul ) - Working 24/7

Fomat Fullz : Fullz Name DOB SSN Adress City State Zip + DLWe provide fullz with 100% fresh quality and no resale

You can use it to open an account, etc... depending on your qualifications and working style

FULLZ INFO SSN DOB + CREDIT SCORE ( 700-800 ) WITHOUT DL

Sell original DL Scan Front, Back + SSN number USA ( front and back + SSN Number ), selfie...

We have country EU ID Card and DL SCAN : Netherland, Spain, Sweden, France, Romania,Sweden,Poland,UK,Latvia Litva...ETC ( front and back ), selfie..

Request your country ! sex...ETC

100% fresh quality and no resale

You can use it to open an account, etc... depending on your qualifications and working style

Take advantage of it !!!

Sell Dead Fullz Uk + NIN + DL / US All Bank

Sell Fullz CA + SIN

_________Contact Us________

Thanks!!!!
paulsky555
paulsky555
11 hours ago

REAL INFOS FULLZ SSN DOB + DL ( DRIVING LICENSE ) Fresh 100% for all state ( FL,CA,UT,TX,MN,PA,OH...etc)-

UPDATE 2024 SELL Driver's License Document(front+back+ssn)-Document Social Security Number USA (Telegram: paulsky555)

Fomat Fullz : Fullz Name DOB SSN Adress City State Zip + DLWe provide fullz with 100% fresh quality and no resale

Sell original DL Scan Front, Back + SSN number USA ( front and back + SSN Number ), selfie...

We have country EU ID Card and DL SCAN : Netherland, Spain, Sweden, France, Romania,Sweden,Poland,UK,Latvia Litva...ETC ( front and back ), selfie..

Take advantage of it !!!

Sell Fullz CA + SIN

Thanks!!!!
paulsky555
paulsky555
11 hours ago

Take advantage of it !!!

Sell Fullz CA + SIN

Thanks!!!!
paulsky555
paulsky555
11 hours ago

Take advantage of it !!!

Sell Fullz CA + SIN

Thanks!!!!
paulsky555
paulsky555
1 day ago
Update bulk data of 20,000 full
Update DL scan 15,000 2 sides
All are new and fresh
telegram: Paulsky555

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Colors

//View More ›

Latest Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Patterns

//View More ›
X

Terms Updated

We’d like to inform you that we have updated our Terms of Use. The most substantive changes are:

This platform was acquired by a joint venture in Israel.
changes have been made to the relevant jurisdiction for disputes which may arise out of your use of the platform.
Changes made to the monetization of users’ creations and the ability to opt out from your account settings.

Please view the revised Terms here. If you don’t mind anything there, then you don’t need to do anything. Your continued use of the platform will constitute your acceptance of the latest version of the Terms. If you disagree with anything there, you can terminate your account within seven days from today.