Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Color Talk»Lover's Lounge»Don't feed the trolls, please.

Don't feed the trolls, please.

Create New Topic
Showing 361 - 371 of 371 Comments

clearcreek6

I feel the same and I have so much hate against who ever is doing this. Let's just say if I found out who this was and I were to run in to them in real life, they would not have a good day. I just try very hard not to be negative online. I don't want to hurt anyone. Luckily I have been notified about what is going on and that it will be stopped soon. That is all in going to say.

Souldew98

Well, it looks like the site is finally back up and running, at least. One little positive thing.

But I'm hopping on my Sarcasm Saddle here because I still have plenty of salt to spill.

I think I've arrived at a solution: go to the servers, light some sage* and cleanse the whole room, because I'm really starting to think this site is cursed or something.

*Not quite sure if it would actually just fry the servers instead.

But in all seriousness, there isn't just a spammer problem with this site: there's a people problem. I don't think I'll ever understand why such horrible people are attracted to this site...and I don't think I want to. There are people on here who really should be banned forever, and it's a bit disappointing to see the lack of management and appropriate punishment. If any of these people did these things in real life, they would face the consequences of their actions, but apparently on the Internet all common decency is kicked to the curb and rudeness, hatred and even threats are the norm. It's sad to think that people actually think that their actions don't hurt real people. Somehow having masks to hide behind brings out the very worst and true natures of people.

This is not a platform for hatred and disrespect. This is not a free-for-all advertising site. This is not a social media service.

This is a site about colors and people who enjoy them.

This is the last place I ever would have expected to find the scum of the earth, yet here they are.

Back to the Sarcasm Saddle..you're really improving my faith in humanity, Internet jerks. In fact, I think I'm getting a clearer picture of the depths of depravity every day. Thanks for shattering my inherent trust in others.

And Clearcreek...sorry, but you and what army? What do you mean by "it will be stopped soon"? Are you the secret Internet police or something? You're coming off as being awfully pretentious. None of us have been able to stop this mess, so I don't see how you'll find a way to magically fix it.

*rides horse off into the sunset*

Seems like a fitting ending to this rant.

clearcreek6

Not me, the founders of this site. Like you said, none of us know how to fix this. I just know the people running the site will fix it. They said so.

Lilith underground

You were talking of the server, correct? I am talking about the people issue soul dew mentioned. I am beyond sick of dealing with it...

clearcreek6 wrote:
I feel the same and I have so much hate against who ever is doing this. Let's just say if I found out who this was and I were to run in to them in real life, they would not have a good day. I just try very hard not to be negative online. I don't want to hurt anyone. Luckily I have been notified about what is going on and that it will be stopped soon. That is all in going to say.

clearcreek6

Yes. But again, yes, it is very annoying.

Lilith underground

Updated: the sockpuppets just keep'a comin'

sock-puppet.jpg

The many incarnations of "Caroline"
Licorice104 - "Caroline", actively ripped off other people's art. Still on ColorBuffs as Caroline. She has violated the rules of CB and created a second account as Oddly. This persona rips people off as well: https://colorbuffs.com/pages/item/index.php?type=P&id=11573
https://colorbuffs.com/pages/item/index.php?type=P&id=11574
https://colorbuffs.com/pages/item/index.php?type=P&id=11569
https://colorbuffs.com/pages/item/index.php?type=P&id=11570
Wintermoods - "Carly", harassed a new member until they left.
The whole mess can be read here: http://www.colourlovers.com/pattern/template/396121/Lustre#comment-63910
SkimmerSky - "Ennio", on this account, she actively catfished a female member into falling in love with this male persona. Once decided to "steal" my profile picture and use it to make a palette, then claimed that it was just a coincidence.
Jbean - "Jim" catfished the same female member. Tended to go batshit for no reason.
LadyMoore
Pink Ruby
(All of the above accounts, minus Wintermoods, were deleted at the same time when "SkimmerSky" was called out as Caroline here.)
OrgasmicArt - "Charlie", deleted a few days ago when confronted about the fact that she were using the profile pic from my old account and using a name similar to OrigamiMei, but, again, it was just a coincidence

Currently Active
vikingbyheart
FatBlueBitch
InkdeLArt
Jadore vie
Mariafvx
CapriciousWinds
~Capucine~
La Belle Époque™
NickyNicholsII

Without a doubt, "Caroline" is behind all accounts listed above.
A couple of other "members" are suspicious-looking but no concrete proof has surfaced (yet) showing that "Caroline" is behind those accounts.

Some common characteristics among accounts and profiles
- Profile pictures of people who have been edited (overlays, filters, etc.) in a way to make them untraceable on image searches.
- Detailed personal descriptions in profiles, but this isn't always the case.
- Quotes in the profile. Lots and lots and lots of quotes. Especially sappy, art- and love-related quotes.
- Misuse of 's and seeming inability to distinguish between to and too.
- Over-familiarity with the site and other members, for someone who claims to be new.
- Extreme paranoia.
- Gifs, typically of the tacky variety.
- Loving and commenting excessively on older palettes and patterns, especially those created by certain members who are most likely their sock puppet accounts.
- Creates poetry and storytelling palettes in attempt to "speak" to people they feel are persecuting them.
- Often sends love notes to anyone who will listen in an attempt to make people think they're being bullied/persecuted/harmed in some way when, in fact, that isn't the case.
- Pretty much anything you can envision an attention addict doing.
- Copies orher people's work but changes colors in subtle ways so that the hex codes arent exactly the same but it is stll obvious that they are attempting to rip off someone else's work. Basically cheap knock-offs of the art they profess to love so deeply.
- Loves to be a victim. They seem to revel in the role.
- Goes completely wonky when confronted.

The reasons for posting this
1. I got my ass blasted the last time I had information like this and didn't share. The Hana drama taught me my lesson.
2. It's ridiculous and insane. Not even going to sugarcoat it. Unless this person has a genuine mental disorder, they have to be a troll.

Lilith underground

I am going to ask a certain someone nicely to please not rip off people's work (and I know they are reading this.) If there is any decency left, please do the respectful thing and at least leave an "inspired by" in the pattern description.

Lilith underground

Exciting and exciting movies? I dont know if I could stand that much excitement.

YersiniaP

I'm posting this here instead of starting a new thread, so more of you will see it:

I coincidentally found out this morning that the user wildheartzzzz http://www.colourlovers.com/lover/wildheartzzzz
has copied a palette of mine. They lightened it up some, but I found it by absolute chance because she kept one color exactly like in mine:
Strange_Tale

I've just browsed her palettes and found another one of mine, this one copied exactly, only two colors swapped places:
The_Great_Plague_III

Now I know there is nobody we can turn to in this case, but the reason I am posting this is that a LOT of their palettes look eerily familiar. Go and check, if you will, if they've plagiarized you too.

Worf Thaddeus

Come back to CB, Yersinia. There are admins who will listen and do their best to help. The site is slowly improving.

YersiniaP wrote:
I'm posting this here instead of starting a new thread, so more of you will see it:

I coincidentally found out this morning that the user wildheartzzzz http://www.colourlovers.com/lover/wildheartzzzz
has copied a palette of mine. They lightened it up some, but I found it by absolute chance because she kept one color exactly like in mine:
Strange_Tale

I've just browsed her palettes and found another one of mine, this one copied exactly, only two colors swapped places:
The_Great_Plague_III

Now I know there is nobody we can turn to in this case, but the reason I am posting this is that a LOT of their palettes look eerily familiar. Go and check, if you will, if they've plagiarized you too.
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

Worf Thaddeus
Worf Thaddeus
Posted
This site is still so broken. I cannot post to my own page or some other users' pages. Still a lot of spam. Captchas broken in places.

And those *horrible* ads...can't block them on desktop now.

The glory days for CL are gone.

www.colorbuffs.com is my preferred home now.
eighteyed
eighteyed
Posted 21 hours ago
Whoah, did anybody else spot the new width features on the basic palette maker?
At least, on the desktop browser version. Cool!
YersiniaP
YersiniaP
Posted 2 days ago
Skyblue2u wrote:

Oh. I am so glad I saw your comments. I thought it was just me going nuts about the apostrophe thing. I just tried to use on in a pattern description and lost the whole pattern. I cannot even post the poem that is so much a part of the palette because it contains an apostrophe.

It took me a long time to figure out, why I could not seem to post one specific pattern last week. I must have tried five or six times, it was never saved, while the ones before it and after it were.
Eventually I realized the only thing that was different was the apostrophe in the title.

It seems to be true for comments as well. Nothing gets through that contains an apostrophe.

I am using a diacritic in place of the apostrophe at the moment, that seems to do the trick.

I really hope someone somewhere is working on all the bugs and glitches and other things wrong with CL, or will be soon. It is rather depressing here at the moment! :(

Anyway, I am glad you saw my comment and I could help!
Skyblue2u
Skyblue2u
Posted 2 days ago
YersiniaP wrote:
Huh, newest glitch: Photocopa refuses to publish a palette when I use an apostrophe in the title.
When I save the palette without the apostrophe, it publishes just fine, but it will also not let me edit the title to correct the spelling.

EDIT: Also will not save a comment when you use an apostrophe.
That explains a lot.
Only, it does not. WTF?

Oh. I am so glad I saw your comments. I thought it was just me going nuts about the apostrophe thing. I just tried to use on in a pattern description and lost the whole pattern. I cannot even post the poem that is so much a part of the palette because it contains an apostrophe.
DanielHeller
DanielHeller
Posted 4 days ago
As you know there are many writing services are working online to help students with their academic writing. Custom essay writing service is one among them. If you struggle with your paper then seek help from the custom writings, their professional writer will help you write highest quality essay within the given deadline. If you get professional writing assistance then you can engage your time for other work. You no need to worry about your writing task. Experienced writer will deliver you the highest quality essay paper on time.
https://www.writemyessayz.co/

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Colors

//View More ›

Latest Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Patterns

//View More ›