Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Color Talk»Lover's Lounge»Don't feed the trolls, please.

Don't feed the trolls, please.

Create New Topic
Showing 361 - 366 of 366 Comments

clearcreek6

I feel the same and I have so much hate against who ever is doing this. Let's just say if I found out who this was and I were to run in to them in real life, they would not have a good day. I just try very hard not to be negative online. I don't want to hurt anyone. Luckily I have been notified about what is going on and that it will be stopped soon. That is all in going to say.

Souldew98

Well, it looks like the site is finally back up and running, at least. One little positive thing.

But I'm hopping on my Sarcasm Saddle here because I still have plenty of salt to spill.

I think I've arrived at a solution: go to the servers, light some sage* and cleanse the whole room, because I'm really starting to think this site is cursed or something.

*Not quite sure if it would actually just fry the servers instead.

But in all seriousness, there isn't just a spammer problem with this site: there's a people problem. I don't think I'll ever understand why such horrible people are attracted to this site...and I don't think I want to. There are people on here who really should be banned forever, and it's a bit disappointing to see the lack of management and appropriate punishment. If any of these people did these things in real life, they would face the consequences of their actions, but apparently on the Internet all common decency is kicked to the curb and rudeness, hatred and even threats are the norm. It's sad to think that people actually think that their actions don't hurt real people. Somehow having masks to hide behind brings out the very worst and true natures of people.

This is not a platform for hatred and disrespect. This is not a free-for-all advertising site. This is not a social media service.

This is a site about colors and people who enjoy them.

This is the last place I ever would have expected to find the scum of the earth, yet here they are.

Back to the Sarcasm Saddle..you're really improving my faith in humanity, Internet jerks. In fact, I think I'm getting a clearer picture of the depths of depravity every day. Thanks for shattering my inherent trust in others.

And Clearcreek...sorry, but you and what army? What do you mean by "it will be stopped soon"? Are you the secret Internet police or something? You're coming off as being awfully pretentious. None of us have been able to stop this mess, so I don't see how you'll find a way to magically fix it.

*rides horse off into the sunset*

Seems like a fitting ending to this rant.

clearcreek6

Not me, the founders of this site. Like you said, none of us know how to fix this. I just know the people running the site will fix it. They said so.

Lilith underground

You were talking of the server, correct? I am talking about the people issue soul dew mentioned. I am beyond sick of dealing with it...

clearcreek6 wrote:
I feel the same and I have so much hate against who ever is doing this. Let's just say if I found out who this was and I were to run in to them in real life, they would not have a good day. I just try very hard not to be negative online. I don't want to hurt anyone. Luckily I have been notified about what is going on and that it will be stopped soon. That is all in going to say.

clearcreek6

Yes. But again, yes, it is very annoying.

Lilith underground

Updated: the sockpuppets just keep'a comin'

sock-puppet.jpg

The many incarnations of "Caroline"
Licorice104 - "Caroline", actively ripped off other people's art. Still on ColorBuffs as Caroline. She has violated the rules of CB and created a second account as Oddly, a psychiatrist obsessed with Machiavellianism to the point of highlighting it on her profile.
Wintermoods - "Carly", harassed a new member until they left.
The whole mess can be read here: http://www.colourlovers.com/pattern/template/396121/Lustre#comment-63910
SkimmerSky - "Ennio", on this account, she actively catfished a female member into falling in love with this male persona. Once decided to "steal" my profile picture and use it to make a palette, then claimed that it was just a coincidence.
Jbean - "Jim" catfished the same female member. Tended to go batshit for no reason.
LadyMoore
Pink Ruby
(All of the above accounts, minus Wintermoods, were deleted at the same time when "SkimmerSky" was called out as Caroline here.)
OrgasmicArt - "Charlie", deleted a few days ago when confronted about the fact that she were using the profile pic from my old account and using a name similar to OrigamiMei, but, again, it was just a coincidence

Currently Active
vikingbyheart
FatBlueBitch
InkdeLArt
Jadore vie
Mariafvx Still ripping off people's creations.
CapriciousWinds
~Capucine~
La Belle Époque™
NickyNicholsII

Without a doubt, "Caroline" is behind all accounts listed above.
A couple of other "members" are suspicious-looking but no concrete proof has surfaced (yet) showing that "Caroline" is behind those accounts.

The reasons for posting this
1. I got my ass blasted the last time I had information like this and didn't share. The Hana drama taught me my lesson!
2. People need to be aware of who and what they are supporting when they press the love button. We could love as freely as we wanted when COLOURLovers wasn't SOCKPUPPETlovers but that isn't the case now.
I'm pissed off with not being able to love the creations I see because it may boost the ego of a potential psychopath, and since the admin won't do anything about it, the community has to take the matter into our own hands. Please let us preserve what remains of our community by not supporting those who actively deceive others.
3. It's just fascinating! That anyone has time and energy to keep up with literally dozens of personas is mind-blowing and noteworthy. If this person put as much effort and creativity into doing something worthwhile, they would do some pretty awesome stuff in life.
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Colors

//View More ›

Latest Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Patterns

//View More ›