Welcome to our fashion color community. Here you'll find the latest fashion-focused Palettes and Patterns, as well as Blog, Trends and Forums to help you find the right look.

Channels»Fashion»Forums»Fashion»Haute Hues»Opposites Contrast!

Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Opposites Contrast!

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 1 of 1 Comments

TiffsArt

Bold vs Pastel Old and New, Retro, Gothic and Conservative Ect!
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

M00nSlippers
M00nSlippers
Posted 20 minutes ago
Be_There_For_You
+
soft_living
=
Beauty_Is_Born_Today
M00nSlippers
M00nSlippers
Posted 30 minutes ago
Where_Dreams_Take_Us
always a time
always a time
Posted 1 hour ago
Click_to_follow
+
fall_sunset
=
follow_the_daylight
eighteyed
eighteyed
Posted 3 hours ago
What I think happened in this case was that I had been making a series of color blends using pourpre.com. I had a theme going using my own templates and some by atriarief, and had picked several in advance. I pasted in the color hexes straight from pourpre into a particular template, rather than making a pattern from the palette. That leaves the impression on someone viewing the pattern that there isn't a palette with those colors, so I paste the palette badge in afterwards. I think this person made her palette from one of my patterns before I edited the badge in, thinking there wasn't a palette and no one would notice. I remember distinctly being annoyed that there was a duplicate palette almost instantly.
Here's the forum I was posting my blends in:
http://www.colourlovers.com/forums/1,2,6541/Palette_Blends?page=2#comments
praxicalidocious
praxicalidocious
Posted 4 hours ago
eighteyed wrote:
Huh. That has got to be a really rare event, though. And the palettes are not perfectly identical. Motive is everything. I suppose it's a lesson to pick 1LP and inspiration colors from different pages, because random often isn't random.

It's true; I think most of the time it is much more deliberate - and going in to sneakily change the colours after the fact kind of proves that there is a lack of regret, only a fear of culpability.

When I realized what happened I thought it was worth mentioning here - mostly because I had always thought it couldn't happen by accident.

I know that I am going to be a lot more careful when I build 'loved colour' palettes from now on.

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Fashion Colors

//View More ›

Latest Fashion Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Fashion Patterns

//View More ›