Welcome to our fashion color community. Here you'll find the latest fashion-focused Palettes and Patterns, as well as Blog, Trends and Forums to help you find the right look.

Channels»Fashion»Forums»Fashion»Haute Hues»Your Favorite Makeup Colors To Wear?

Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Your Favorite Makeup Colors To Wear?

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 20 of 63 Comments

Pennington

This is mostly for the females I guess. I love make up and the art behind it. What's everyone's favorite colors? Current, all-time, or both. I LOVE to play with color. I recently bought a taupe called "Satin Taupe" from M·A·C that I love to wear with my purples. That would be my current favorite.

bunigrl33

I'm experimenting now with mineral makeup (trying to get away from all the toxic chemicals in regular makeup). My eyes look best in shades of purple (which brings out the blue) or green (which makes them look really green). I like the versatility of the loose powder but it's tricky to apply.
My favorite lipcolor is Clinique's Different Grape, which is a deep mauve. I haven't found a non-toxic equivalent yet, I'm still looking.

Faeleia

SQUEE!!!!1!!!!!!!!

I love purples and golds, or any colour with golden sheen cos i have an olivey skin (asian) so golds look good on our skin much better than silvers.

I actually own a NAKED palette from Urban Decay and I LOVE THE COLOURS. It's so pigmented and uhmazing.

Plus, I love anything glittery and in the browns, taupes or mauves, so I would sometimes get some japanese or korean makeup - they are well known for their glittery eyeshadows, albeit natural colours. My eyes just fly to glitters and i would literally grin at shiny things. it's dumb, but :D

O M G heartgush

oriona

I LOVEEEEEE Purples and browns on my eyes, even when they say brown colors are not good for brown eyes, I think they work great on mine, but definitely all purple, mauve, lilac and "eggplant" shades are the ones that I love most in the whole world. Even when I have plenty of those I keep getting those colors when I shop... can't help it, i love them!!!
Fucsias and pinky colors are good on my lips, i guess it's because of my skin color and type... I have tried mauves and browns on them but they make me look much more older.

beautifullyprac

Clinique eye shadow in Desert Sun is my ultimate go-to color. It's a softly shimmering nude in a subtle golden/cream shade of bronze. For cheeks, it's Clinique's soft pressed powder blush in Totally Tawny. It's a very neutral color with just a hint of chestnut. As for the lips, I adore MAC Cosmetics Pro Longwear Lustre Lipcolor in Boss Brown. It's "a chocolate bronze with pearl lustre". As a matter of fact, those are the colors I'm wearing in my profile pic!

AcidBubblegum

On my eyes,I love gold and purple,it really brings out my green eyes.Red and chocolate brown look gorgeous too,and if you're scared of red eyeshadow,try a red-toned brown smokey eye!When i do a smokey eye,I like dark,intense forest green (i got light blue/gray-ish eyes),intense bronze and matte red.If you have green eyes,purple eyeliner looks amazing,brings your eyes out beautifully.And neonpink eyeshadow looks totally amazing too :)
I have extremely pale cool-toned skin,and cold pink-ish purple (like sakura from MAC,in the quite cute collection) looks amazing,so i love purple blush.For school/work i wear either a cool-toned pale baby pink,a peachy pink with gold shimmer (Like Orgasm from Nars),or a bright,cool-toned purple based baby pink when i'm in the mood for brighter colours.
On Lips for school/work i like a light coral,a pale baby pink (Creme Cup from Mac!) or just a dazzleglass by Mac,my favorite colour is baby sparks.When i'm just going out or in the mood for colour,i adore light purple lipstick!It looks fabulous on pale skin.But I love a good old bright red lip too.

carcinocatnip

I love gold. Love love love my soft, warm, thick gold eyeliner. I love plain soft pink for cheeks. For lips, I usually just go all natural, just lemony lip balm.

AntiqueGlitter

Black winged eyeliner and MAC Viva Glam V lipstick (check out my profile; I actually made the same exact shade as MAC Viva Glam V!). I also like to add shimmery white eyeshadow on the inner corner of my eyes and occasionally some taupe matte eyeshadow on my lids (similar to Satin Taupe, as you've mentioned).
Red, orange, and purple lipsticks are also favorites of mine when I want to look bold and stand out.

MissGibbon

I also wear mineral makeup, it just makes the most sense to me. Everything you put on your skin ends up in your body, so I make sure it's pure enough that you could eat if you wanted to. (Even though that wouldn't be too tasty. :P ) I have hazel eyes, so I like wearing browns, greens, dark blues, purples, golds... My current fav is olive green. :)

I also love peachy blush and red lipstick! :)

KarlEmmanuelCamasis

I suggest if you are white-like, apply shimmering sheens like golds, browns and coppers. As well as dark, vivid colors like purple and pink. If you are medium-like, add colors like white, light colors such as powder hues. Green and blue is recommended.

Sagersaurus

Definitely Golds. Usually I stick to a pretty neutral color scheme; brown eyeliner, peach eyeshadow, light lip balm (always burt's bees:) Whenever I'm dressing up though, I tend to go with gold and dark browns for my eyes. I've been playing around with orange and yellow shadow, which really makes my gray blue eyes pop. I'll wear my school colors sometimes- purple and gold- and during the winter I like doing charcoal grays with a light peach undertone with white on the inner corner of my eyes.

glindathegoodwitch

I found this make up picture in the photo gallery and searched the image and found this to be the predictions for the upcoming fall trends in makeup. I love all these colors but there is not a color on the palette I created that I actually own. I read somewhere in here about the white and noted the white is part of the palette as well as the golds you mention.

Fall_Make_up_trends

jingledance2

I luv a great smokey eye, and any shade of brown for lip color.

Pennington

glindathegoodwitch wrote:
I found this make up picture in the photo gallery and searched the image and found this to be the predictions for the upcoming fall trends in makeup. I love all these colors but there is not a color on the palette I created that I actually own. I read somewhere in here about the white and noted the white is part of the palette as well as the golds you mention.

Fall_Make_up_trends

That is one of my favorite palettes ever. I love the way you portray it in your own palette.

jingledance2

Shattered would look great on my eyes.

KarlEmmanuelCamasis

More tips:

Purple, pink and sweet smoky hues are great with neutral face cosmetics for that vivid, neutral balance. Finish it off with light hue lipstick. This is though, perfect for medium to white complexion but try experimenting, maybe I might be wrong. For the medium to brown-beige complexion, color your facial features with regal but sophisticated tones like golds, browns, bright whites and sweet citrus colors like greens. This gives you still a pretty but fierce, fun look. Finish it off with bright-beige and up-to-white toned blush, sweet tones are also recommended for that sweet down-to-earth princess. Finish it off with sweet yet creamy color of your lipstick choice.

glindathegoodwitch

i have an idea...all us girls will just load right up in our cars and come spend the day with you ...I could use a new perspective on me. I l love to have others do make overs because seeing through others eyes sometimes opens a new you.
A few years ago I was a Mary kay rep and I was afforded the opportunity to go to the National Convention in Dallas Texas. Most of the tours were at the Mark Kay Ash head quarters and the history behind the whole business is amazing. Seeing old styles and make up and what all Mary Kay did for women of that era is remarkable. She was more than make up. I did not appreciate the business side of her mind until I toured her corp head quarters and worked with research and development on some new products. I was totally fascinated at the line of Dr's and team that R and D had on board. Back many years ago I think Mary Kay was hard on many women and their complexions. But after due-diligence and continued effort they managed to change that noted less than positive remark. When I signed on with them it was mainly to help my friend to make leader of our group and get my make up at 50% off ...but i had the best skin and flawless overall complexion that i had ever had. After using the Microderm Abrasion and the eye firming cream (both immediately changed what I saw) i was hooked. I wear very little make up and in the summer I usually wear only mascara and lipstick because I am very olive and dark. I did a color palette on my skin from head to toe one time and this is how dark it was...

KarlEmmanuelCamasis wrote:
More tips:

Purple, pink and sweet smoky hues are great with neutral face cosmetics for that vivid, neutral balance. Finish it off with light hue lipstick. This is though, perfect for medium to white complexion but try experimenting, maybe I might be wrong. For the medium to brown-beige complexion, color your facial features with regal but sophisticated tones like golds, browns, bright whites and sweet citrus colors like greens. This gives you still a pretty but fierce, fun look. Finish it off with bright-beige and up-to-white toned blush, sweet tones are also recommended for that sweet down-to-earth princess. Finish it off with sweet yet creamy color of your lipstick choice.

AdeliaJane

I like to wear heavy/dark eye makeup with pale colors on my lips. I absolutely love nude lipstick. Pale pink, fleshy peach, things like that.

For eyes, I like black of course. I also like navy blue, mauve, and champagne colors as well as purple, which really makes my brown eyes pop.

I like shimmer, a lot. Anything shimmery wins me over. I like to highlight with a shimmery vanilla/champagne color instead of white. I think it looks better with my yellowy Asian skintone.

My favorite blush is Lancome's Blush Subtil in "Shimmer Mandarin Sky"
It's a beautiful orangey-peach blush with a gold shimmer.
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

sunshine-lollipops
sunshine-lollipops
Posted 12 hours ago
I guess our default strategy now is ctrl+a, ctrl+c on a comment just in case we lose it without it being posted. Last week I had to re-write a comment 3 times before I learned. :P
sunshine-lollipops
sunshine-lollipops
Posted 15 hours ago
eighteyed wrote:
My one wish through being patient while the bugs are worked out and the spammers run off is that management would make a short statement.

Definitely.
YersiniaP
YersiniaP
Posted 2 days ago
I am all for being patient while much needed changes are made to the site, but the complete absence of communication is very disturbing.
I feel it is a lack of respect towards the community to just leave us worrying and guessing every. bloody. time.

We have sat out weeks of CL not working because of DoS-Attacks, we've experienced several (for us: surprise) shut-downs as updates were implemented, we have grappled with the buggy fallout of many of these updates - and never a comment, a warning, a heads-up, an anything from anybody in charge.

Are we not worth being informed?

And now I sit and wait to see if this comment will actually be posted. I have not been able to comment anywhere, not even my own profile, for days.
amyanneerickson
amyanneerickson
Posted 2 days ago
Came back after being gone for 2 years to this disappointment, Also, once again, experienced issues with Seamless Light errors. Captchas are a pain in the butt (especially when they make you click though 3 pages of pics); however, I understand the need for them.
howla
howla
Posted 3 days ago
Trixxie wrote:
Have you tried another browser, like Google Chrome? I just tried Firefox and BPM (basic palette maker) worked fine and BPM also worked fine with Chrome. How about Photocopa? Have you tried making palettes that way? I'm just trying to help - I know it can be frustrating.

I understand you are. We're all frustrated. :)
I seemed able to make a basic palette in IE, but some of the pages on the site (like the homepage and login) take so long to load that they occasionally just lock up and stay blank. Other ones load quickly. I don't have Chrome on this computer, - I'd have to try it later on my laptop when I can access it.

TBH, I don't think I ever used Photocopa for my palettes. It never quite did what I wanted, and 90% of my palettes aren't based off photos.

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Fashion Colors

//View More ›

Latest Fashion Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Fashion Patterns

//View More ›