Welcome to our fashion color community. Here you'll find the latest fashion-focused Palettes and Patterns, as well as Blog, Trends and Forums to help you find the right look.

Channels»Fashion»Forums»Fashion»Haute Hues»Fashion Design BookSoftware for 9YO

Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Fashion Design BookSoftware for 9YO

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 4 of 4 Comments

Just Perfect Color

I need to find a birthday gift for a little girl, 9 but beyond her age, who is really intent on becoming a fashion designer. Does anyone know of a nice book. drawing/tracing set or software that might be appropriate? Lean toward hands on or DVD? She draws well for age and has an amazing natural sense for color combinations.

I would also like to find her a primer on the industry outlining different career paths within it but that is appropriate for her age.

ExeeDani9

The Project Runway sets are great for aspiring designers. They're at Toys R Us, and my sister and I both love it. There are many different sets you can buy, but I suggest the Fashion Design Projector Set.

tumatal

here my favorite
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

Wildfire2013
Wildfire2013
Posted
I get what is being done is to fight spammers, BUT I'm having an atrocious time trying to post comments.... it seems to be happening every time I try to copy and paste the code for the item I'm commenting on.
Fire
COLOURlover
COLOURlover
Posted
Hello Friends. Yes, the captcha for comments and disabling of links is frustrating... but we're fighting an unpleasant fight against spammers that have had free reign to spam the crap out of this site the past couple years... also who likely shut it down for a couple weeks with a DDoS attack. We've implemented some heavy handed things like the captcha to combat the spam... this isn't a long term solution, but thoughtful solutions that allow creative good intentioned folks to continue sharing the love, while preventing spammers who have a ton of resources, is not quick. It was only a several months ago that I took the site back from Autodesk and I'm working with a team that will have the resources to start making improvements and helping this awesome group of people get back to the community they love.
sunshine-lollipops
sunshine-lollipops
Posted 21 hours ago
I guess our default strategy now is ctrl+a, ctrl+c on a comment just in case we lose it without it being posted. Last week I had to re-write a comment 3 times before I learned. :P
sunshine-lollipops
sunshine-lollipops
Posted 1 day ago
eighteyed wrote:
My one wish through being patient while the bugs are worked out and the spammers run off is that management would make a short statement.

Definitely.
YersiniaP
YersiniaP
Posted 2 days ago
I am all for being patient while much needed changes are made to the site, but the complete absence of communication is very disturbing.
I feel it is a lack of respect towards the community to just leave us worrying and guessing every. bloody. time.

We have sat out weeks of CL not working because of DoS-Attacks, we've experienced several (for us: surprise) shut-downs as updates were implemented, we have grappled with the buggy fallout of many of these updates - and never a comment, a warning, a heads-up, an anything from anybody in charge.

Are we not worth being informed?

And now I sit and wait to see if this comment will actually be posted. I have not been able to comment anywhere, not even my own profile, for days.

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Fashion Colors

//View More ›

Latest Fashion Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Fashion Patterns

//View More ›