Welcome to our fashion color community. Here you'll find the latest fashion-focused Palettes and Patterns, as well as Blog, Trends and Forums to help you find the right look.

Channels»Fashion»Blog
A Friday Fashion Passion: Steampunk

A Friday Fashion Passion: Steampunk


The Steampunk Trend has been building such momentum for some time now. This vintage-modern abstract style garners the marriage between beautiful and sleek with a  mechanical-industrial flare, bordering at times on "trashy" if done wrong. It's a style of opposites meshing to make a fantastical smash to fashion.

Share this Post Pin It

I am so drawn to this ultra creative Steampunk trend, yet I'm not sure what to do with it in my every day life. I want it, but how? As a photographer and creative in general, I find myself meandering (ahem, wasting time) perusing all the steampunk crazed Pinterest boards dreaming up excuses to bring some Steampunk in to my life.

collection_steampunk

wedding dresses & jewels | red corset | necklace | globescale braheaddress | watch

What I love about this fun trend is that you can incorporate it in to anything! Visually it's super appealing, so applying it to some of your home decor is easy and simple and is almost an edgy version of "rustic" trends. Jewelry is easy to incorporate in to your every day style. And if you're really looking to make an impression host a Gatsby themed party. I am loving the beautiful dresses adorned in metals for weddings completely decked out in steampunk.

Steampunk takes on a modern twist to historic trends, like the medieval age collided with an industrial era.  Do you love this trend? Is it too gimmicky for you?


14 Comments
Showing 1 - 14 of 14 Comments

MsBunky

My dear Hubby and I are just getting involved in the Steampunk culture. We have two dear friends who enjoy dressing up and attending various Steampunk themed events in Victoria, BC and they were the ones to open that door for us.

I've bought all the pieces of a great costume, with the exception of a corset/bustier. I'll be doing that soon, and will then feel like I belong! Hubby is working on his costume ideas - I can't wait to see what he comes up with1!

Everything about Steampunk intrigues me. I'm really looking forward to learning more and participating more as well!

faith4faith

I love this so much! I saw that wedding dress on your Pinterest page and immediately re-pinned!

AreWeDelirious

Steampunk is such a gorgeous trend ! Think it might really be one of my favourite styles ever *^*

impossible--

Steampunk is really really cool, I've been a big fan of the style as well as the whole alternate history storyline thing.
Team

mollybermea

Seriously, it just draws you in!

impossible-- wrote:
Steampunk is really really cool, I've been a big fan of the style as well as the whole alternate history storyline thing.
Team

mollybermea

That sounds like so much fun! I feel like you could add endless detail to your costumes

MsBunky wrote:
My dear Hubby and I are just getting involved in the Steampunk culture. We have two dear friends who enjoy dressing up and attending various Steampunk themed events in Victoria, BC and they were the ones to open that door for us.

I've bought all the pieces of a great costume, with the exception of a corset/bustier. I'll be doing that soon, and will then feel like I belong! Hubby is working on his costume ideas - I can't wait to see what he comes up with1!

Everything about Steampunk intrigues me. I'm really looking forward to learning more and participating more as well!
Team

mollybermea

Did you click-through and see the other wedding dresses, so awesome. I if I was getting married all over again I'd certainly consider styling my wedding after the style. hah! I love it when guests get involved and everyone is asked to dress in-theme.

faith4faith wrote:
I love this so much! I saw that wedding dress on your Pinterest page and immediately re-pinned!

azhure09

i love ev'ry trend shown here.. «3
Team

Post a Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Search The Blog

Subscribe & Share

Our Latest Tweets

Latest Fashion Blog Posts

//View More ›

Tags

Latest Fashion Colors

//View More ›

Latest Fashion Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Fashion Patterns

//View More ›