Here you'll find the Palettes and Patterns to help make the best creative digital art decisions.

Channels»Digital Art»Forums»Business»The High ROI of Color»IP Rights - CL palette book

Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

IP Rights - CL palette book

Create New Topic
Showing 61 - 66 of 66 Comments
@Highwireart
I agree about the handwashing thing. The moment I opened it, I thought "Uh oh! fingerprints!"

The book is heavy and hardcover (reminds me of a college text book). It has a spiral but it's not exposed which is cool. I like that feature.

I'd say the pages are thicker than normal and the colours are pretty vibrant for a colour book. I have other colour theory books and this one is hands down the most "realistic."
I compared my palettes (and some others) in the book to them on the screen and they are fairly accurate, about what I expected. For example, I saw one palette in the book that looked very similar to my 'Curiosity Killed' palette and I thought, WTF?! So I looked it up on here and it was similar but noticeably different on screen.

The palettes are featured in circles with a white page background. I'm sure that affects the look of some of the palettes; especially since a lot of them were created when CL was still in its gray phase.
I don't know. I used to hang out here A LOT under the username Monster!, which I have since forgotten my password/email address too >< BUT, when I signed up again, recently, I was shocked to find that at least 1 of my works was used for the book. It's an HONOR! I started coming here, came back here and I will come back because I love this place; what I can do here, the love I get/feel and the people here make me return... and so truthfully, finding out about the book and being in it was a very nice surprise. I'm glad others enjoy/can enjoy/will enjoy what I made. Yeah, some notification (even if I was dormant) would have been appreciated but I'm not trying to fret. The fact is that the work is credited to the creator and it's nice to feel appreciated. <3
The book isn't just heavy. It's crazyass heavy like your science (phy/chem/bio combined) heavy. I'm not sure I like those circle things for the palettes, since sometimes I can't see the palette properly. but it's my opinion. plus, some palettes are really nice, but some aren't. Too straightforward? :/ oops, but tt's what i think though.
mujuuryoku wrote:
I found lots of palettes that I plan to look up and add to my favorites!

Me too! I had to have my laptop next to me as I went through the book so I could look up the palettes I liked.
It's funny though, the palettes of mine that were chosen for the book I don't really feel are reflective of "me". I would have chosen different ones. Maybe, if there's a sequel, we can suggest our own favorites to be included.
After reading all these comments about this book I know I want it. I'm very new to CL & like it very much. Certainly haven't been on long enough to comment on things yet but I sure do enjoy using CL, learning more everyday & loving it! Especially enjoy finding out a color I've been using is unnamed & I get to name it. Fantastic!
Just got in and getting out. GL 2 allk
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

paulsky555
paulsky555
17 hours ago
$$$$ Hot Hot Hot $$$$
You need fullz to register Create driver accounts spark driver, Contact me now
Telegram: @Paulsky555
paulsky555
paulsky555
17 hours ago
$$$$ Hot Hot Hot $$$$
paulsky555
paulsky555
17 hours ago
$$$$ Hot Hot Hot $$$$
paulsky555
paulsky555
18 hours ago
$$$$ Hot Hot Hot $$$$
paulsky555
paulsky555
18 hours ago
$$$$ Hot Hot Hot $$$$

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Digital Art Colors

//View More ›

Latest Digital Art Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Digital Art Patterns

//View More ›
X

Terms Updated

We’d like to inform you that we have updated our Terms of Use. The most substantive changes are:

This platform was acquired by a joint venture in Israel.
changes have been made to the relevant jurisdiction for disputes which may arise out of your use of the platform.
Changes made to the monetization of users’ creations and the ability to opt out from your account settings.

Please view the revised Terms here. If you don’t mind anything there, then you don’t need to do anything. Your continued use of the platform will constitute your acceptance of the latest version of the Terms. If you disagree with anything there, you can terminate your account within seven days from today.