Welcome. Here you'll find Palettes and Patterns, as well as a Blog, Trends and Forums to help guide your colorful business decisions..

Channels»Business»Forums»Business»The High ROI of Color»Your Business Colors

Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Your Business Colors

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 19 of 19 Comments

sundancer

Eskimo_Kissez
This is my logo!!! What do you think of the colors?

jennamclucas

That's great!

Here's my palette.
Sugar Face

My logo

It would be fantastic to see more business palettes and logos here! ;)

wbaggia

Here is our business colours!

Our Website

Trueflight

Based on my website's current color scheme:
Cupcake
Team

COLOURlover

Fun thread... This would be mine ;)

COLOURlovers

sundancer

COLOURlover wrote:
Fun thread... This would be mine ;)

COLOURlovers src=http://www.colourlovers.com/images/badges/p/59/59010_COLOURlovers.png

LOL COLOURlover, is this really a business? Do you make money off of it? How do you keep it going?

zimzala

Believe it or not (being on this site) I'm really struggling to find the right colour palette for my business... problem is I love so many styles and flavours of colours I can't commit! (Maybe i should just do a Google and change it every month :P)..

So many people are doing green these days, so that's out at least. Red tones are always safe, but i want something strong, funky and creative and entertaining... arch! Colour-block!

kriskropd

zimzala wrote:
Believe it or not (being on this site) I'm really struggling to find the right colour palette for my business... problem is I love so many styles and flavours of colours I can't commit! (Maybe i should just do a Google and change it every month :P)..

So many people are doing green these days, so that's out at least. Red tones are always safe, but i want something strong, funky and creative and entertaining... arch! Colour-block!

Orange is kind of funky and if contrasted right can appear pretty strong. Like green, it matches pretty well with neutrals if you balance it appropriately. Yellow also has the same kind of of cautionary kick that red has. However, unlike red, yellow I think only works with black and dark neutrals as it tends to blend in with lighter neutrals.

That's my opinion though, I'm no self proclaimed colour expert :) and I'm not taking into account the offset produced by color blindness (which could be detrimental to your design if you don't color-pick accordingly) as the range i mentioned is associated with most common types of color-blindess.

zimzala

Thanks. I had decided to go for an orange as the feature colour with brown and white supplementary, as these colours reflect the nature of the business well. Many other companies in my industry have red as the logo, and as tempted as I was (and I love reds), I wanted to step to the left a little - and this reflects our business model as well.

My issue now is which oranges/browns... dont want the brown too dark i dont think looking at this... more earthy than chocolate is the preference. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

This is what I've been playing with so far:
Colour Variants

zimzala

I'm thinking along these lines - comments and critique always welcome!

Zimzala1

kriskropd

zimzala wrote:
I'm thinking along these lines - comments and critique always welcome!

Zimzala1

I like it :O
I also liked on your color variant image these two matches by themselves #EB6027 and #736357 (the brown and orange palette on far right). However, I realize you have to incorporate contrast, so the darker and more saturated colors you chose seem like a good choice to me.

zimzala

Yeah I'm thinking the more saturated brown in my colour variant would be better.

zimzala

We're liking this better than #1 now
Zimzala_-2

blkscubadiva

It works. great site
wbaggia wrote:
Here is our business colours!

Our Website

aqualee

Gonna bring this old thread back to life! :) Here's the color scheme for my website:

Aqua_Lee_colorscheme

il morto

Used this colorscheme for my site --> teephoria
I added one more color, but maQ inspired it!
maQ

princesslulu

Hi everyone. I just joined this morning. Am looking for a color scheme for my website that will advertise English classes for adults. I want something that combines classy colors with a splash of something trendy and forward thinking. Your opinions will be appreciated.
http://www.colourlovers.com/palette/2419934/I_LOVE_waffle
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

Just Perfect Color
Just Perfect Color
Posted 1 hour ago
If you propose, I will support your shaming campaign so long as we can make branding irons, heat them up, and burn the imprints into the foreheads of those an angry mob decides are offenders.

Intellectual property claims, whether exact duplicates, are absolutely irrelevant given the nature of this site. Why in the world would you post things to a site like this hoping people, all over the world, would respect your rights? Some of them live in countries that do not have to by the way.

And how have you, save for your ego, been damaged by all this? You have lost millions of euros or dollars through plagarism on this site? Sorry, but you just seem too emotionally charged to be rational.

This is plain and simple, dangerous and stupid. Beyond that, as I have said before, you could really hurt somebody if you are wrong in your witch hunt. It is usually much to late to say sorry to someone when its over because, you know? They would be damaged goods from your crusade.

PS. Sorry I could not follow this discussion every minute for two weeks. Sometimes I have other places to visit and other sites on which to spend my time and attention. I really appreciated your observation though so I read all the comments over the two weeks. I think I am up to speed.

PSS. Shaming anyone builds the memories they will remember later; even if they survive the shaming, hazing, shunning or whatever you want to call it. Such encounters shape their lives and attitudes forever and always. They might forgive, but they will always remember.
Just Perfect Color
Just Perfect Color
Posted 1 hour ago
If you are talking about me, I am flattered. I have never been called both at the same time as I remember. Thank you so much!

If you are done breathing fire out your nose, and can ever possibly calm down? Could you bring yourself to listen to those trying to help you in this? May I suggest something to you? With fire extinguisher in hand? And a dragon slayer on the roof of my condo building?

If you are not already a member, think about joining the Graphic Artists Guild. It is one of the best artists' rights orgs in the US. Members get all sorts of benefits including legal advice (to a point) in a pinch. Lots of pattern repeat designers are members. You might get more enthusiasm there but not for a shaming campaign.
OrigamiMei
OrigamiMei
Posted 1 hour ago
That website is brilliant, Deslyn! Thank you for sharing it with us.

DeslynBrown wrote:
One website I use frequently is encycolorpedia.com. You might want to input your color there and then check out the pentadic or hexadic sections. This will give you different colors all around the color wheel that complement the original color in some way, and each color is of the exact same saturation and lightness levels, which is what I believe you're looking for. You would want to alter the "S" and "V", but not the "H". Here is an example of the color you gave here:

http://i59.tinypic.com/oa67g4.jpg
eighteyed
eighteyed
Posted 1 hour ago
My goodness, you are literal. As well as irrelevant. Bless your heart.
Just Perfect Color
Just Perfect Color
Posted 1 hour ago
Cool! But no patterns on this site offer graphics like in the original Batman series. Wow! Pow! and all that in starbursts and captions. They were what made Batman and Robin, the TV series great.

Would we be in trouble if we used any of those patterns? If not, I would totally be in for ideas, starting with "Holy snack cakes, Batman" if a new thread were started.

The sad but true point I was trying to get across is that proving someone stole your intellectual property is really tough and infringement suits, because they require so much "prior art" research and their components are so subjective? In spite of what you have heard, a very small percentage ever go to court. Yeah sure, Apple and Samsung are spending billions pis***g on each other. Want take a leap and guess who is ultimately paying for it all?

However, defaming or shaming someone on a public site like this? Easy to file the suit and with a slizzard attorney for the filing party, you are trapped. You have to defend yourself, even if the claims are off the wall "batsh*t" nutty.

From some degree of personal experience in these matters, but with nice contracts supporting my side, they were always no win---for either side. And my contract and intellectual property lawyers were really competent and good. They billed hours $375/hour though. A couple times I had to pay them to just respond to the complaint and just go to court, sit around for hours for the case to be called, and spend 10 minutes in front of the judge getting a dismissal.

Again, eighteyes, I don't see this thread going anywhere helpful for you. I completely support your emotions and passion for this issue. Just be careful.

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Business Colors

//View More ›

Latest Business Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Business Patterns

//View More ›