If you thought 2013 brought an exciting array of web design trends with the popularity of flat design and parallax scrolling, then this list is going to excite you even more. 2014 is going to be an awesome year for Web Designers making our website even more beautiful.
1. Mix and Match typography. Some of the best websites out there now have two or three different fonts making the page easier to read and more attractive.
Check out some fun examples of new fonts out there to add to your own project.
2. Large Hero Areas displaying a large beautiful picture with little text at the top of a website.
3. Heavier Focus On Mobile - Now that responsive Web design is all the rage, designers must focus on the mobile design first.
4. Videos In Place of Text - This trend is becoming more popular especially since the inception of the new HTML5 video tag. Why read about it when you can watch it?
5. Manipulated Images - In 2014, we will see more images with color overlays, blurriness, or even photoshop filters.
6. Dropping the sidebar - This pertains mostly to blog or magazine sites, but many are experimenting with dropping the sidebar all together allowing for more visual impact with content.
What are some of your favorite new trends?