Vote for Your Favorite Graft Concepts Case Designs

Vote for Your Favorite Graft Concepts Case Designs

For the last week we've seen an incredible amount of creative designs for our Graft Concepts Hard Case Contest. Today, submissions for the contest are officially closed and now it's time to give some love to your favorite case designs.

The team at COLOURlovers wants to give a huge shout out to the creative minds over at Graft Concepts who have made this contest possible. Graft Concepts is an innovative company who focuses on creating unique and iconic products through creative problem solving. The company focuses on crafting beautiful iPhone cases that are elegant and provide a great user experience.

What makes the Graft Concepts Leverage Case different from other iPhone cases out on the market is it's unique design and customizability. Unlike other cases on the market, this case features interchangeable backplates, enabling a variety of options with just one case. We're so excited that the COLOURlovers community has had this incredible chance to create backplates with unique and colorful designs for the Leverage Case.

There have been 2,528  entries and now it's time to vote. Click to send through some Love to your favorite entries to they have a chance at some awesome prizes!

What do your votes mean?

The Graft Concepts team will select the First Place. The winning design will be available for sale on Graft Concepts, and the designer will receive royalties for sales of their design.

Like other COLOURlover contests, the Second, Third, and Fourth Place runners up will be selected based on Loves from the COLOURlovers community.

Prizes

1st Prize: Two cases of their own design and the credit card backplace, a royalty agreement, and a medium Wacom pad.

2nd through 4th prize: Two cases of their own design and the credit card backplace and a royalty agreement.

The winning designs will be eligible to be manufactured and sold through the Graft Concepts store.

Only winning entries can be used for manufacture and sale, but the client can approach any of the contest participants after the contest has completed via a Love Note if they are interested in their designs.

+++++++

Click to Vote

liddle_r

This was very cool. I liked how quickly and easily I could see my designs on the product. It made me appreciate the patterns I had created and to see how others were flawed. Very useful. Also, I am glad to know that Graft Concepts knows they can approach folks after the contest is over.

Hannah Daviau

Surely the voting proces must be more fluent and easy than it appears at first glance?? Browsing all 2500+ entries is one thing - but to browse them, 9 at a time, randomly selected, so that you will *very* soon see repeat apperances, long before you can possibly have cycled through all the entries. Say it isn't so? Surely there is a way to rifle through them systematically and in a sequence?? How else am I to know that I saw them all for sure??? That I really had the oppertunity to choose amongst ALL the entries and make my selection(s)??

NightMagic

I loved the idea of the contest, but I agree with Hannah. It should be easier to see all the entries.

liddle_r

Hannah, I agree the system you are describing is a little crazy. One option is to go to one of the patterns used for one of the cases. (I will provide an example below.) Once you are on that page you will see that it has a tag on it "graft-concepts-leverage-hardcase". If you click on that tag it will take you to a list of what I believe is all of the entries. Hopefully I am not wrong on this!

British_Spy

liddle_r

Well, hmmm. That doesn't really do what you want it to though because unless the person put the phone case badge in the description of the pattern there doesn't appear to be a way to get to the place to vote.

mobooksnart

type graft-concepts-leverage-hardcase into the search patterns- and you can actually search yourself in that area- hope that helps-

Hannah Daviau wrote:

Weirdy

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but if these are being printed, won't the resolution of the pattern images be too low at only 200 pixels?

I'm mostly asking this out of curiosity, but I also wonder if the resolution or size of the images are manipulated will this affect the appearance of any "transparent" objects in a pattern.

Weirdy

Just in addition to that, I'm not really aware of the manufacturing process for these cases, but how is the colour conversion from RGB to print (cmyk I assume?) going to be managed? Could dramatically affect some patterns.

Weirdy wrote:

liddle_r

Weirdy, I am pretty sure the pattern templates are vector-based. I know initially they were .svg or at least that is the file type you needed to make one. (long time ago) So, the original should be vector and therefore ok. Not sure about the RGB conversion.

Weirdy

Yes they do start as SVGs, but if these raw files are going to be used to print, I'd worry that if the resolution and scale is going to be increased it could really affect the transparent objects. Not to mention highlight all the little flaws that the lower resolution helps hide!

I also wonder if the vector pattern files are still available in the background of this website why pattern makers can't download them, or fix them once published on the site. Having limited knowledge in web design though, I'm not going to pretend that I understand how that all works!

But, as a print designer I'm very curious about this, because these kinds of issues are something I come across all the time and have to try and work around. Also, seeing the production of patterns on this site is really set up for on screen use, if it would be great if we could download the patterns we colour in a more print friendly format.

liddle_r wrote:

liddle_r

I hadn't thought about the transparency issue. I don't work with transparencies. But, that could definitely create some issues.

praxicalidocious

Weirdy: I printed this design before(It's my current Gelaskin case actually). The striations on this one were still fine enough that it still antialiased pretty well. (YMMV, of course.)

❤Hibiscus_Stripe

Also, template designers can download the vectors from the site; while logged in, check for the .svg and .ssf links under any version of one of your patterns or templates. (Including those coloured by others.)

praxicalidocious

Hannah Daviau wrote:

CLICK HERE to see all entries, sorted by loves

CLICK HERE to see all entries, sorted newest -> oldest

Feel free to change the settings on the search page for your preferred parameters. :)

praxicalidocious

liddle_r wrote:

A love on the regular pattern page is the same as a vote. :)

...Alternatively, if you are like me and want to see the case mockup, take the pattern identifier:
Between_Now_and_Then

(In this case, 3831656...)

....and drop it at the end of this url:
www.colourlovers.com/contests/graft-concepts/leverage-hardcase/

Hope that helps!

Weirdy

Well that is interesting... For some reason I had it in my head that downloading the templates didn't work. Lets hope I was misinformed and didn't just make that up myself!

I think I'm probably a bit too entrenched in the rules surrounding artwork for print production, but this kind of resolution increase sets off alarm bells in my head. But when I think about it, the colour conversion is the part that would worry me most. Trying to maintain colour consistency across different colour spaces and print methods is a large part of what I do at work, so I would say I'm overally uptight and picky about that though...

I think some time wasting experiments at work today are in order!

praxicalidocious wrote:

❤Hibiscus_Stripe

praxicalidocious wrote:

❤Hibiscus_Stripe

garlin75

I am so confused. I thought the voting was over. It said the contest would end on the 30th but voting is still open. Does anyone know what is going on?

ArrayOfLilly

It's closed, but the love button remain active after the contest. The entries are simple patterns now. I can love last year contest entries. To be an entry in a contest means technically only a tag in the pattern's description, nothing else.

I asked the team for a blog post about public voting result for express our appreciation to the winners. I think, some unexpected thing happened because maryamTaheri maintained the communication until August 29 and this is the date of her last login (I watched yesterday...). It's strange.

ArrayOfLilly

Update: post is in progress. :-)

garlin75

Congratulations! And thank you for your answer. I thought they would be awarding 2nd, 3rd etc by now based upon the loves. I also wondered if the contest entries went away once it was done. Is there a way to get my designs removed from this site? And congratulations

ArrayOfLilly

Yes, I read the same as you and I think, this will happen. There is only a slight delay.

I know the answer for your second question, but if I tell you and you leave us, I I'll be mad at myself. Garlin75, the system isn't perfect. We experienced more times, last occured on the previous contest. That was practically hacked by someone.

There are major anomalies than request a vote from family members. I can sign up and vote for myself no matter how many times.

I remember much pain and sadness after the last contest.

When I first saw the announcement, I hesitated to enter or not. When I decided to send entries, I expected to be frustrated in the end. Finally I'm the only one who hasn't reason to be frustrated.

We can protest for change the system. We can brainstorm. For example I can imagine that votes will be accepted only from accounts that existed before the announcement of the contest.

I really understand you, I felt the same last year. However, please, don't hurry and leave us without your creations. They are very valuable, for me, at least. If you delete your works, we all will be losers of the situation.

There are many opened tabs in my browser with your works, I want archive them to myself, unfortunately, I have to go now. I'm going to do something for years, I couldn't do it. Yesterday I decided to do it today.

I will be very sad if I will arrive at home and I won't find your kind artworks here. I want to see them (and save my favorites to my desktop for background on my PC). I want to say hello. Please, don't do this.

We can change the source of our unpleasant feelings, we don't need stop our whole friendship.

I wish you better feelings and have a nice day, I hope to see each other after finishing my tasks.

Sorry for my English, I'm practicing. :-)

yncolor

I sent a note to Darius 6 hours ago for request an announcement of the voting result.
There is an 19 hour time difference Japan and Hawaii.
So, what we can do is waiting for his reply and keeping colourloving!